How can Dallas beat the Saints?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How Dallas beats the Saints?

Send a couple of large men named Guido to his house (yes, both are named Guido), and have them take Brees out swimming with the fishes.
Nah, I am sending Luca because I want him sleeping with the fishes, I am not sure he couldn't complete a pass while swimming.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How can Dallas beat the Saints?

99% chance they wont.

Not being a Debbie downer, just being realistic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, I am sending Luca because I want him sleeping with the fishes, I am not sure he couldn't complete a pass while swimming.

There you go - Luca is the man for the job. I meant sleeping with the fishes - I said it wrong. I suppose they could always make Brees an offer he can't refuse.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.We get them in Big D, which does help only in the sense that they are scary good at the Superdome compared to beatable good on the road. Gotta play excellent D (which this team can do) and run run run with Zeke.

Everyone keeps talking about a win Thursday gets us a TIE in the NFCE. Great! Only problem is the 'Skins already got their L from the Saints. Philly too. Now, if by some miracle we can beat New Orleans, I'll be very happy to eat crow. But then you realize that a deep playoff run cannot happen w/o going through New Orleans. I'm happy today fellas, but like y'all my expectations are tempered.
They can't

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Nothing against the Saints..but I've always hated watching them play. They run so many damn screens. I hate when teams do it, the Eagles were like that last year.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.We get them in Big D, which does help only in the sense that they are scary good at the Superdome compared to beatable good on the road. Gotta play excellent D (which this team can do) and run run run with Zeke.

Everyone keeps talking about a win Thursday gets us a TIE in the NFCE. Great! Only problem is the 'Skins already got their L from the Saints. Philly too. Now, if by some miracle we can beat New Orleans, I'll be very happy to eat crow. But then you realize that a deep playoff run cannot happen w/o going through New Orleans. I'm happy today fellas, but like y'all my expectations are tempered.
Not trying to be a smart butt here but... Can we get past Washington before we game plan any further? :D I don't see beyond Turkey day. One W at time. I just have to compartmentalize in that way to make it all feel possible.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Saints no 1 against the rush.
We've smashed #1 run defenses before with Zeke. Remember 2 years ago we beat the #1 rushing defense 3 weeks in a row. Each team would become #1 after we demolished the previous #1.

lostar2009

Reaction score
To be honest if we can't beat the Saints or be competitive hang it up for a sb run. Rams and Saints are high power offensive teams. We have to hang with them or beat them. And believe the chiefs will represent the AFC this year.

Verdict

Reaction score

There is no doubt that the Saints will be favored against the Cowboys. Can the Cowboys win? Yeah. No doubt about it.

I don't understand why people believe team A can't beat team B when it happens almost every week in the NFL. It's hard for teams to get up for every game. Sometimes a team is a match up problem for another team. Additionally this is almost a "must win" for the Cowboys and it's not for N.O.

I don't think the Saints are going to be able to run effectively against the Cowboys, especially if Woods is at 100 percent for that game. Irving and Taco may also be available for that game.

Our linebacking corps will make it tough sledding in the running game for most teams. Brees and the Saints have a really formidable passing attack, but so did Atlanta and how did that game play out?

I think Dallas has a reasonable chance of winning this game. If I was in Vegas and had to bet this game I would probably take the Cowboys without the points in this one, because the payoff on it would be substantial, as I have no doubt that the Saints will be a significant favorite in this game.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Zeke beats DeMarco Murray's rushing game record and the defense plays a perfect game

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be honest if we can't beat the Saints or be competitive hang it up for a sb run. Rams and Saints are high power offensive teams. We have to hang with them or beat them. And believe the chiefs will represent the AFC this year.
I'm sorry. Did you say Super Bowl run?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score

A deep playoff run is definitely going through L.A., or N.O. regardless of whether we beat the Saints at home or not. Good post.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart butt here but... Can we get past Washington before we game plan any further? :D I don't see beyond Turkey day. One W at time. I just have to compartmentalize in that way to make it all feel possible.

Better focus on Wash first.

Goodness people!

I will say again, for the umpteenth time,

What WE AS FANS focus on has NOTHING TO DO with Dallas' performance this Thursday vs. Washington. Yes, I get it. My alma matter's (Penn State) head coach James Franklin is always about the next opponent, and nothing more. He even tweets it out.

MARYLAND
MARYLAND
MARYLAND

Okay, so for Garrett and the Cowboys, it's all about

WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON

I get that. But there's nothing wrong with us fans looking past our next opponent and SPECULATING about the pending matchup with the Saints in 10 days. Unless of course y'all feel we're going to jinx the team and cause them to lose on Thanksgiving, because we FANS are "looking past" Washington. What does "our" focus have anything to do with this team and their performance?? You know, I could never understand this mentality. "Can we just get past Washington first." First of all, WE aren't playing Washington. We're WATCHING Dallas vs. Washington. We're not "looking past" anyone. So sue me for penciling a W in for Thursday. Call me guilty, but I like our chances on Thanksgiving.

I still would like to know how fans "looking ahead" on a message board would somehow alter the results of a game. That's rather superstitious to say the least. That's like admitting players and coaches read these threads (yeah right) and as a result would also look past the next opponent. Sure..

Anyway, after the Cowboys WIN on Thursday, we'll go ahead and re-visit this thread for those fans who aren't ready right now, who "just can't look ahead" in discussing an upcoming matchup until the next game is played. That's fine, I'll be here. :)

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Goodness people!

I will say again, for the umpteenth time,

What WE AS FANS focus on has NOTHING TO DO with Dallas' performance this Thursday vs. Washington. Yes, I get it. My alma matter's (Penn State) head coach James Franklin is always about the next opponent, and nothing more. He even tweets it out.

MARYLAND
MARYLAND
MARYLAND

Okay, so for Garrett and the Cowboys, it's all about

WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON

I get that. But there's nothing wrong with us fans looking past our next opponent and SPECULATING about the pending matchup with the Saints in 10 days. Unless of course y'all feel we're going to jinx the team and cause them to lose on Thanksgiving, because we FANS are "looking past" Washington. What does "our" focus have anything to do with this team and their performance?? You know, I could never understand this mentality. "Can we just get past Washington first." First of all, WE aren't playing Washington. We're WATCHING Dallas vs. Washington. We're not "looking past" anyone. So sue me for penciling a W in for Thursday. Call me guilty, but I like our chances on Thanksgiving.

I still would like to know how fans "looking ahead" on a message board would somehow alter the results of a game. That's rather superstitious to say the least. That's like admitting players and coaches read these threads (yeah right) and as a result would also look past the next opponent. Sure..

Anyway, after the Cowboys WIN on Thursday, we'll go ahead and re-visit this thread for those fans who aren't ready right now, who "just can't look ahead" in discussing an upcoming matchup until the next game is played. That's fine, I'll be here. :)
Lol. Alright. Enjoy. I'll see you after the Washington game.