How can this offense be fixed before our playoff game?

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak and Cooper need to secretly draw up their own plays before the playoffs.

Blackrain

Reaction score
So we did it. We made the playoffs. Congrats to our Boys.

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?

First get the Oline as healthy as possible , Second use the weapon we have been holding in check all year . Let Dak loose to run whenever its there . Make our opponent have to dedicate personnel to spy him at all times . It will also take some load off Zeke who is wearing down at this point . Time to shoot the works there is no tomorrow just the off season

If we do nothing else get Rico or Noah involved in the Redzone offense . They have been used as blockers all year now is the time to make them a Redzone mismatch and get TDs instead of FGs . FGs in the Redzone = 1 and done in the playoffs

Mr_437

Reaction score
Long story short, have Scotty speed up the tempo for Dak, call more runs for Dak, move the pocket, get Tavon healthy, feed Coop and add more creative run plays for Zeke.

Side note: would like to Gallup and the TEs have a good game heading to the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Linehan called an absolutely amazing game against the Jaguars that incorporated all kinds of misdirection, rpo's, etc, etc and it was a thing of beauty.
He needs to call games like this.
exactly but he goes away for it for long stretches of games, it makes NO SENSE..dude might have a "tumor"

AlienBoy

Reaction score
The coaches call plays, but the qb decides where to go with the ball, so unless you know where every play was designed to go, you haven’t a clue. My guess is dak is the guy that checks down far more than the play was designedly to do so. Blame lineman and jg all you want, but the qb is why our passing yards are so bad, not the coaches or play calls. Don’t remember the previous qb throwing for so little yards so often with same head coach.
If I haven't got a clue, guess a player doesn't either. From Beasley (on today's forum twitter post) :
Beasley-Spoke.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
exactly but he goes away for it for long stretches of games, it makes NO SENSE..dude might have a "tumor"
Very very strange.

When he was on the hot seat, suddenly he started calling better plays. Very strange.

rags747

Reaction score
Only team to go into the playoffs with a lesser qb possibly was the Ravens With Dilfer, that's the only one I can come up with.

Verdict

Reaction score

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?

We can't fix anything but we can call better plays.

Bardley1985

Reaction score
Bootlegs, get Dak out of the pocket. Look at some of the Hawks and Ravens games... get some natural pick plays like Patriots use all the time. Don’t let Rod Smith sub Zeke unless it’s short yardage. Toss it to Amari when he’s Single covered... just to name a few lol. Put Byron on the best WR when that one WR is murdering us.

Pokes12

Reaction score

Fire Linehan and Garrett.

glimmerman

Reaction score
To late to fix anything. Just have to punch it in when we are in the red zone.

LittleD

Reaction score

Nothing at this juncture. We are what we are and that is 1 and done. The "ghost" of Parcells re-visits the Cowboys at the Star and we tank as usual.

_sturt_

Reaction score
It's always been as simple as comparing 2016 to now. And the difference is not that we had a different HC... nor a different OC... nor a different playbook... nor a different QB or RB...

We have a different WR corps, but having acquired Amari and with the maturing of Gallup, that seems to have arguably returned to being a strength

I haven't read the several pages of posts here, but I'm sure there are those who've already said something like this... it's not complicated.

We simply don't have the same O-line, and of those we do have on the roster, health has become a concern.

We don't have the same TE.

Same song... it all rests on the performance of the blockers.

There is only one other constant that draws the line between winning and losing beyond that... designed run plays for Dak. When he runs, we win, and when he doesn't, we lose.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If I haven't got a clue, guess a player doesn't either. From Beasley (on today's forum twitter post) :
Beasley-Spoke.jpg
Lol.... possess the ball he says? Didn’t the bucs have the ball for ten more minutes than the cowboys? And what you expect any wr on the team to say...... their qb sucks?

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Lol.... possess the ball he says? Didn’t the bucs have the ball for ten more minutes than the cowboys? And what you expect any wr on the team to say...... their qb sucks?
And the Cowboys still won...because they stuck to their offensive philosophy. And yes, Possession. Isn't this what this offense is predicated on? They've been very successful with time of possession. I think the point you're trying to make though, is that Dak sucks and that I'm defending him. I'm not a fantasy player, so I don't care about individual stats. I care about wins. I don't even know if Dak is the guy. All I know is this team keeps on winning despite his shortfalls. Could this team have a better record with a better QB? More than likely because Dak HAS missed several opportunities in games. The saints and eagles games should have been blowouts, but they were still wins. Dak mans up when the pressure is on, but only if the rest of team is doing their part. Defense has to keep them in the game. Without the D, Dak would not bail this team out of a tough situation. The point of the original post was what could be done to fix this O? My answer still remains...not much. It is what it is at this point of the season. Play calling and better qb play would definitely help though.
basher-giants.gif