How can this offense be fixed before our playoff game?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
So we did it. We made the playoffs. Congrats to our Boys.

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?
Run Dak Run........

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I don't think we can beat this Seattle team expecting multiple long 10+ play scoring drives. Wagner will make his share of run stops and TFLs. We need to look for chunk plays downfield.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
If it ain't fixed after 15 games, it won't happen. They is what they is. That said, the best adjustment is in the areas of individual game planning, play calling and execution. Each player has to make the commitment to determine just how much want to he has. To paraphrase Bradshaw from yesterday, Championship teams don't need motivation at this point, they just have a strong will to finish the deal.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Good point. All this dramatic, 16 year old girl language, can all go away so easily if Dakota simply plays worthy of all accolades being helped upon him by the Never-Romo crowd

Shut peoples criticism up by simply putting up. By consistently making he throws and being a real threat offensively.

If some of y’all don’t know what that looks like, rewatch the Chiefs-Seahawks game. Those are 2 QBs that deserve the ridiculous praise being heaped on Lord Prescott
Or watch the Steelers saints game........ that’s all I could think of .... if only we had that.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?
The offense is not going to get fixed in its current state. The scheme, QB play and play-calling are a pedestrian style of football.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There are different philosophies. With, this coaching staff? Yes. It's designed to grind it out, dink and dunk, with an occasional deep throw. Guess you haven't been paying attention to Garrett and Linehan.
:lmao2:
The coaches call plays, but the qb decides where to go with the ball, so unless you know where every play was designed to go, you haven’t a clue. My guess is dak is the guy that checks down far more than the play was designedly to do so. Blame lineman and jg all you want, but the qb is why our passing yards are so bad, not the coaches or play calls. Don’t remember the previous qb throwing for so little yards so often with same head coach.

Sandyf

Reaction score
The offense has not been right since Frederick went out in training camp. For Dallas to be successful in the playoffs then the O line has to perform well above how they have been, and the OC has to be far more creative than he has ever been and run Dak way more than ever before.

windjc

Reaction score
I feel at this point they should play Dak all game against the Giants with the starting line. Open up the offense. Try to get Dak in a rhythm on deep and middle of the field patterns. At this point it pretty much couldn’t hurt. And if it works you put something new on tape that Seattle has to prepare for.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Dak always seems to throw the ball better once he's got a couple of read option runs under his belt. So IMO the best way to improve the offense is to make sure Dak gets a couple of runs early on. And tell him if nobody is open, run. Don't have him stand back there waiting for something to break, because it's just going to lead to an ugly sack. Even if he runs and doesn't get any yards at least he's going to be moving towards the LoS to minimize losses, and hopefully he'll be thinking about protecting the ball at that point and not get strip sacked. Whenever he runs away from the LoS it's just ugly.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I would suggest that they dedicate their practices to play both the Vikes and Seahawks.

Forget game planning for the Giants.

We will just use plain vanilla plays anyway with them so as not to tip our hand.

Once we know which team we play..

practice only for that team.

This gives us over 2 weeks of preparation.

That is what will help us in the playoffs.

shabazz

Reaction score
I feel at this point they should play Dak all game against the Giants with the starting line. Open up the offense. Try to get Dak in a rhythm on deep and middle of the field patterns. At this point it pretty much couldn’t hurt. And if it works you put something new on tape that Seattle has to prepare for.

I’m with this 100%

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, we'd be unstoppable.

shabazz

Reaction score

EASY. Fire Linehan and install ROMO!!![/QUOTE]

Yes! But as Quarterback!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I would suggest that they dedicate their practices to play both the Vikes and Seahawks.

Forget game planning for the Giants.

We will just use plain vanilla plays anyway with them so as not to tip our hand.

Once we know which team we play..

practice only for that team.

This gives us over 2 weeks of preparation.

That is what will help us in the playoffs.
I always chuckle at that statement. You think we are going to use all new plays for the playoffs? You think the bucks have never seen that run/pass option where dak kept it and ran it in? Football has been around for a long time.... how many different ways can you run the ball between the tackles? How many different pass routes are there? We are not gonna break out a new play book in two weeks.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Fred Beard comes back and Tyron gets healthy. Dak may have some issues, but the line also isn't good right now.

This is 100% the biggest issue with the offense right now...the guy who called the protections and adjusted everything on the fly went out in preseason. It's why our offense which for years now has played very well on the road has been a horrible road team this year.
Losing Frederick hurt more than ANYTHING ELSE this season, period. Having all of these resources invested in a unit (o-line) which has drastically under performed this season has caused major problems. Dak has issues, of course but 100% the main issue is the lines overall play. Our O-line is the heart and soul of our offense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
SCOTT CALL BETTER PLAYS, that it use the playbook you used during the 5 game win streak plus some wrinkles..Amari Dak and Zeke could go off thats how...

PUSHfold

Reaction score
SCOTT CALL BETTER PLAYS, that it use the playbook you used during the 5 game win streak plus some wrinkles..Amari Dak and Zeke could go off thats how...
Linehan called an absolutely amazing game against the Jaguars that incorporated all kinds of misdirection, rpo's, etc, etc and it was a thing of beauty.
He needs to call games like this.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
best thing they can do is run a hurry up so dak doesn't have time to think and second guess every throw. Getting rid of the ball fast will reduce his fear and should work better. Fast throws or head down and shut his eyes and run wide open into the line.