How can we blame Dak?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
LOL your point is still as nonsensical as I remember it.

Romo didn’t need excuses because he played like a beast. So anyone blaming him was off-base to begin with.

Dak needs excuses because he’s playing like garbage. So he deserves blame, just like Drew Bledsoe in 2006.

Have a nice day.
Romo won nothing, has a terrible playoff record and never got out the divisional round. Has 2 playoff wins total in his entire career. For such a beast he sure did fail a ton.

Nav22

Reaction score
Romo won nothing, has a terrible playoff record and never got out the divisional round. Has 2 playoff wins total in his entire career. For such a beast he sure did fail a ton.
So Dak’s on his level? LOLLLLLL

Funny, I don’t ever remember the Cowboys struggling to pass for 200 yards or score 20 points regularly with Romo under center.

Again, cute comparison. Adorable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. irving situation has nothing to do with Daks inability to pass a football.
2. as bad as playcalling has been at times, there are still clearly plays that can be made by an average qb that dak is not making.
3. garrett managing the clock or whatever has little to do with daks poor performance.
4. wide recievers arent great but they are getting open. so maybe they arent staying open for ungodly amounts of time it takes dak to pass them the ball accurately.
5. TE have regressed, thats why Jason is a HOF guy and these guys are not anywhere near his level.
6. The OL looks worse than they are. They shouldn't have to be the #1 OL for any QB to succeed. They are good enough to allow Dak a 3 second pass, which is .4 seconds longer than he should need.
7. How do you know moore is doing a bad job? Dak is exactly what he was coming out of college, he may never be more without the dominant OL, HOF TE or probowl wr threat he had in 2016.
:hammer:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've been saying for a while now that JG and Linehan should be fired and new coaches should have a crack at Dak before we give up on him too.

it's like this. If you asked me to captain a giant battleship, hell yes it would be the worst ship in the fleet because I don't know anything about boats. It would be stupid to fire the whole crew and dismantle the boat because I made it look bad.

I believe in isolating your variables, solving one at a time. Start with the HC and OC. If a quality coach came in and said no on Dak, then ok, so be it, let's see what that coach's plan is.

Me personally, I'm leaving the call on Dak up to the next head coach.
that would be another year wasted to discover, yep, its really Dak that sucks. There is certain things that are obvious. his footwork and mechanics are down right comical and awful. that's up to him to get it fixed. Tom Brady at age 39/40 still has a throwing coach he works with every off season. its understanding your weaknesses and working on them in the off season. obviously he hasn't done that in three years.

Dak is done. its obvious he is not any good and at best a back up, journeyman QB. he had his 15 minutes of fame and now the ugly truth is revealed for all to see. its time to think about QB of the future and that's going to have to come from the draft because outside of older scrubs like Alex smith and sam Bradford, nobody else will be available.....we missed a chance to trade up when we had the 4th pick in the draft and grab wentz or Geoff, not its time for us to trade up if we have to and take some risks....

and yes, I don't disagree that its time for coaches to go, but its painfully obvious Dak sucks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well at this point, after everything we have seen... watching every friggin game... I don't know how anyone wouldn't wish for a Romo type QB back.

I need something to keep me awake during games... even if it is an epic last minute interception for the loss... The only thing I do now is laugh at the TV. Then when I watch the angles a couple days later... I just shake my head wondering what could possibly be keeping Dak in the actual game.

What, are they afraid they will hurt his feelings?

Screw Dak's feelings....

When you watch that All or Nothing, look at the Thanksgiving one. When they are in the meeting. I think it was Wade saying, he had no idea where Dak's confidence has went... Well, if he had confidence, it is gone and it isn't coming back. He probably left it where he left his mechanics, anticipation, defensive reading ability... etc...

I suggest if he wants to have any chance of winning anything, he drops his little fears of turning the ball over, and let's loose... Friggin either make it an epic win, or an epic fail. Either way just do something!

Sick of the mediocre scared football crap he is playing.

There is a QB actually comparable to Dak in the NFL right now... Tyrod Taylor.

But... But... But... he protects the football. He can shove the football up his _____! Maybe no one will find it then, and it will be safe.

Frankly if he keeps playing like this, and they don't try White or Rush at least one game... they are complete fools. Which we already know they are.

The friggin ship has sailed for Dak Prescott... he isn't a franchise QB, he will never be a franchise QB. The same issues he had were there in 2016, they just weren't as obvious, because defenses didn't know what to expect.

Now they have progressively gotten worse.

Any person that reads Dak's draft profile, and doesn't see that as a carbon copy of what we are looking at right now... in the 3RD FRIGGIN YEAR, needs to find a neurosurgeon.

Because they either have brain trauma, or they do not watch the games, and they do not look at the footage of all the other angles during the game. There is no way a person that at the very least watches these games, can't see it.

I don't care what coach you have, they will not make Dak Prescott better. They might have the talent to scheme to his disabilities, but they would never make him better.

There isn't a team out there that would even trade for Dak for anything but a backup. We wouldn't even get a 4th rounder for him, to make us even.
he lacks confidence because he doesn't have the right mechanics and can't get it right. he doesn't trust his arm. he trusts his leg more. he doesn't throw to tight windows, because he doesn't think it can get there. he also is not seeing the field.

I think at some point, during this season if his struggles continue and I believe they will and actually about to get worse given schedule ahead of us, for the sake of the team, we have to go to Rush. not that he is the answer, but he needs to sit down and try to figure it out.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So Dak’s on his level? LOLLLLLL

Funny, I don’t ever remember the Cowboys struggling to pass for 200 yards or score 20 points regularly with Romo under center.

Again, cute comparison. Adorable.
What's so funny is I haven't said anything about Dak but for some reason you keep bringing him up. You still haven't went back and read the comments that started everything or maybe reading comprehension is your issue.

Nav22

Reaction score
What's so funny is I haven't said anything about Dak but for some reason you keep bringing him up. You still haven't went back and read the comments that started everything or maybe reading comprehension is your issue.
Yeah, how dare I bring up Dak in a thread entitled, “How Can We Blame Dak?”

You can start an anti-Romo thread if you’d like to be laughed at by those of us who know football.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It's easy to blame him............Dak everything is your fault from the begining of time until today.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, how dare I bring up Dak in a thread entitled, “How Can We Blame Dak?”

You can start an anti-Romo thread if you’d like to be laughed at by those of us who know football.
You're the only one being laughed at for responding to a comment you didn't comprehend correctly. Now you look even more foolish trying to justify your comments.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak's not playing well, but there's no Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, or Terrell Owens on the 2018 roster.

Those weaknesses may need more than just another QB to "magically" disappear.

Doesn't matter buddy. Dak isn't making players around him better. He definitely has about as little to work with as anyone, but that doesn't excuse how bad he is playing. Its really horrible.

Cmac

Reaction score
I've never seen this many people mad about a QB coach in my life. :lmao:

Seriously, people are just throwing arrows at this point.
QB Coach??…..Is that what Kellen Moore is expected to be doing? Problem right there.

Ken

Reaction score
1. irving situation has nothing to do with Daks inability to pass a football.
2. as bad as playcalling has been at times, there are still clearly plays that can be made by an average qb that dak is not making.
3. garrett managing the clock or whatever has little to do with daks poor performance.
4. wide recievers arent great but they are getting open. so maybe they arent staying open for ungodly amounts of time it takes dak to pass them the ball accurately.
5. TE have regressed, thats why Jason is a HOF guy and these guys are not anywhere near his level.
6. The OL looks worse than they are. They shouldn't have to be the #1 OL for any QB to succeed. They are good enough to allow Dak a 3 second pass, which is .4 seconds longer than he should need.
7. How do you know moore is doing a bad job? Dak is exactly what he was coming out of college, he may never be more without the dominant OL, HOF TE or probowl wr threat he had in 2016.
I venture to say of you take Ertz, Jeffrey and the Kelcey away from Wentz and replace them with JAGS....his performance and numbers would also suffer.

Just a stab in the dark though...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Easy hes one of the main reasons for our offensive failures this season and the end of last season..its obvious unless you are blind..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I venture to say of you take Ertz, Jeffrey and the Kelcey away from Wentz and replace them with JAGS....his performance and numbers would also suffer.

Just a stab in the dark though...
I can't stand excuses. It's like people making excuses for Dez for dropping balls he should catch.

Dak missing wide open receivers has nothing to do with those receivers being JAGs. That's all on Dak.

Multiple things can occur at the same time...the receivers can suck and the QB can suck. It doesn't have to be one or the other, it can be both.

Right now, Dak sucks. Sure, not everything his his fault, but he needs to improve regardless of the other circumstances. If nothing else changes, his play alone still needs to improve.