How could we possibly be better next year?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
We back into the playoffs and Dak get suspended week 17 because of the rape charges. Lance or Rush leads us to a super bowl victory.

Dak then becomes a FA.

Simple.

Flamma

Reaction score
Seriously. We have acquired no upgrade in talent over last year and we have less talent then last year. 40 percent of our starting O line from last year is gone and we lost our lead back. We have dead man walking as far as a Head Coach and a D Coordinator on a one year contract that was fired from his last job as head coach. We have a new D scheme without the players required to play that new scheme. Lastly, we have a harder schedule then last year and every team in the Division (except perhaps the Eagles who lost two really good players) have gotten better.

PS. Am I missing anything as far as any arrows pointed up?
This is our standard operating procedure every year since around 2014 if I'm not mistaken. Just a slight variation of it. The approach isn't any different from last year. Dallas will just need to pick up more filler free agents. They never ever do anything in the offseason to get better. They draft players and fill holes with bargain FAs. They occasionally make trades for bargain washed up players. But that's just an extension of what they do in FA.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When you draft studs like we do you gotta save up every penny. Imagine trading away a monster like Diggs for stupid old draft picks. We never could have won all those regular season games without him. Oh wait never mind.

ICP

Reaction score
The Magic 8 Ball says........

'Very Unlikely'

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Lol I said the same thing after last years FA and draft were over. No upgrades at key positions praying our players play better than they have in the past.

I called them a 1 and done from the very beginning last year. Same thing this year
Cooks and Gilmore were talent upgrades.

The draft was a bust.

I don’t see the equivalent of Cooks and Gilmore being added to this team. Especially with Stephen's obstruction agenda.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Gilmore didn't matter after trevon got hurt
I will never make excuses for this Mickey Mouse Front Office, but no one can predict injuries.

I really like those two trade acquisitions last year. Theysurprised me and I was hoping they would utilize these "baseball' trades these moving forward.

It was about this time last year both trades were made. I guess it's possible they could do something similar. However, it seems Stephen is hellbent on using the lack of caproom as an excuse to not add any talent.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is our standard operating procedure every year since around 2014 if I'm not mistaken. Just a slight variation of it. The approach isn't any different from last year. Dallas will just need to pick up more filler free agents. They never ever do anything in the offseason to get better. They draft players and fill holes with bargain FAs. They occasionally make trades for bargain washed up players. But that's just an extension of what they do in FA.
Can't mess up GM Jethro's comp picks.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I will never make excuses for this Mickey Mouse Front Office, but no one can predict injuries.

I really like those two trade acquisitions last year. Theysurprised me and I was hoping they would utilize these "baseball' trades these moving forward.

It was about this time last year both trades were made. I guess it's possible they could do something similar. However, it seems Stephen is hellbent on using the lack of caproom as an excuse to not add any talent.
I can predict injuries. We will have some next year and every year after.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A good to great draft this year and next year can make us better next year. Maybe even over the playoff hump to the NFCC game.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
predict LVE would get hurt?
LOL, no, not at all.

My point was to @Hennessy_King saying that the Diggs injury made the Gilmore acquisition less relevant.

As far as depth, I always love how the fans apologize for this FO adding depth (Rico Dowdle) without addressing the starter.

In the end, Rico "Troy Hambrick" Dowdle will be RB1 while overdrafted, hurt college guy recovers.

Chasing6

Reaction score
NFL Teams have a great amount of historical data and statistically know where the injuries typically come from by position.

Then you add in injury history, age, usage by player and tweak it form there.

This is factored in when they decide to go deep or short in a specific position. Same with with what positions are added to the practice squad.

There are always one offs, or bad or good years, but a real GM would never have thought LVE was going to make through a 17+ game season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL, no, not at all.

My point was to @Hennessy_King saying that the Diggs injury made the Gilmore acquisition less relevant.

As far as depth, I always love how the fans apologize for this FO adding depth (Rico Dowdle) without addressing the starter.

In the end, Rico "Troy Hambrick" Dowdle will be RB1 while overdrafted, hurt college guy recovers.
100%

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Seriously. We have acquired no upgrade in talent over last year and we have less talent then last year. 40 percent of our starting O line from last year is gone and we lost our lead back. We have dead man walking as far as a Head Coach and a D Coordinator on a one year contract that was fired from his last job as head coach. We have a new D scheme without the players required to play that new scheme. Lastly, we have a harder schedule then last year and every team in the Division (except perhaps the Eagles who lost two really good players) have gotten better.

PS. Am I missing anything as far as any arrows pointed up?
I am thinking they are thinking the 2023 draft class will explode. Richards starter. Fehoko meat eater. Luke becomes Gronk. That little RB becomes an all pro. Mazi becomes London Fletcher. That must be the thinking.