How did we lose to the Rams?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I agree, but what I saw was great penetration into the back field and shutting run lanes down. Great job by the front 7 of the Pats. However I felt the Rams defense did a great job as well. Hell it was a 13-3 game it was not like either HC was dialing up the offense. At the start of the 4th qrt it was 3-3 yet some comments about here about the Pats makes it sound as if they rolled the Rams, they didn't. 3 key plays Goff throwing late to a wideopen WR in the endzone that gets knocked away, Goff throwing off his back foot throwing a poor ball that was picked and Brady pass to Gronk. To me those 3 plays were the biggest in the game. Outside of that both defense played great
THIS..... and the claim by some here is IF ONLY WE HAD JARED GOFF AS OUR QB WE WOULD WIN IT ALL...... hell I watched BOTH of these great QB's look as poor or worst then Dak on a bad day.

lostar2009

Reaction score
CR was busy with HC interviews and JG is too stupid and scared to tell his assistants to adjust.

Pokeness

Reaction score
A good coach would have game planned for them. You see what Belececk did to them. Why doesn't it ever seem that we put our team in a position to win vs just forcing them to bang their heads against the other team?
Because we have a head coach whose game plan has to be approved by the front office if not scripted by the front office.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I think Richard not being 100% focused on true game plan hurt our Defense. It seemed like Marinelli was calling that game. Like we stayed in prevent all night.

True, everyone was giving all the praise to Belicheck. But he has a really good defensive coordinator. They was low key good all season.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
True, everyone was giving all the praise to Belicheck. But he has a really good defensive coordinator. They was low key good all season.
That maybe, but I'll bet the house Bill had a hand in laying out the defensive game plan yesterday...as well as helping make adjustments. Clapper just stands there like a clown with that befuddled look on his mug.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
I agree, but what I saw was great penetration into the back field and shutting run lanes down. Great job by the front 7 of the Pats. However I felt the Rams defense did a great job as well. Hell it was a 13-3 game it was not like either HC was dialing up the offense. At the start of the 4th qrt it was 3-3 yet some comments about here about the Pats makes it sound as if they rolled the Rams, they didn't. 3 key plays Goff throwing late to a wideopen WR in the endzone that gets knocked away, Goff throwing off his back foot throwing a poor ball that was picked and Brady pass to Gronk. To me those 3 plays were the biggest in the game. Outside of that both defense played great
They did an amazing job of going up field and didn’t caught going sideways

basel90

Reaction score
That maybe, but I'll bet the house Bill had a hand in laying out the defensive game plan yesterday...as well as helping make adjustments. Clapper just stands there like a clown with that befuddled look on his mug.

Belichick lost Patricia as Defensive coordination , yet he reloads with other coaches and talent no one has heard of . While jason garret is idle and learning the game . Pathetic. Coaching is key for the cowboys .

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lots of comments about coaching and JG but only one mention of the immortal Richard. Last I checked, JG isn't the defensive guy and the Cowboys put up more points on NE than the Rams did last night. It was our "Hot Boyz" defense that got dominated by LA.

But Richard is the golden child, so it couldn't possibly be any failure on his part. :rolleyes:

Defense lost the game for us. You give up 4 scoring drives in 4 possessions in the 1st half and only force them to punt once? Pathetic. CJ Anderson has looked liked a spare that he is for every other playoff game besides ours. I know the popular angle is to always blame Dak but when your defense does not even make one freaking play all game, you aren't going to win. Not only did we not sack Goff, we didn't even lay a hand on him. We fell for all their motion and chased them around. That was one of the more pathetic defensive efforts I have ever seen. Blown off the ball every single snap.

sbark

Reaction score
Romo told the viewers repeatedly how n.e. Was stopping Rams run game...almost like he was talking to Garrett specifically

Pats defenders were playing vertical , penetration....not trying to flow sideways, which is what they caused the Cowboys to do with the jet sweep motion repeatedly against us

kskboys

Reaction score
He does? Who?

At present, I think Bellychickens is the DC.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Football should be a chess match. I'm not even sure if our staff watches tape of other teams to spot their weaknesses. Against good teams, bad teams, coming out of the bye week, it always looks like we know nothing about our opponent. 90% of our game plans just seem to be just go out there and beat the guys across from you.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
A good coach would have game planned for them. You see what Belececk did to them. Why doesn't it ever seem that we put our team in a position to win vs just forcing them to bang their heads against the other team?

giphy.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All I can say it Rams (32 ppg) and Pats (27 ppg) were both ranked in the top 5 in scoring yet both defensive coordinators had their units playing outstanding all night long.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wrong. The Patriots have the best secondary in the NFL. They have good linebackers and a good defensive line. Our defensive tackles are a weakness. The Colts and Rams exposed them. I can make an argument that the Cowboys only have 3 elite players on defense and the rest are JAGS. LVE, Jaylon and D-Law. We need two space eating tackles to protect our big 3.
Blame David Irving...