How did we lose to the Rams?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we are counting on winning with a bus driving QB then we are going to need a Raven, Bucs , Denver or Seattle type dominating defense we’ve seen carry lesser offenses this era.

If not then you better bring a prolific QB and offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because....of coaching right?

And they won 11 games with a guy who didn’t even play college football...that’s a testament to great coaching.
Great coaching helped but we had a championship caliber team.

We saw what Jimmy did in Miami without same level of talent. Same as Bill in Cleveland.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We lost because of terrible defensive coaching. One of the worst performances by a coaching staff I've ever seen

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great coaching helped but we had a championship caliber team.

We saw what Jimmy did in Miami without same level of talent. Same as Bill in Cleveland.
Because Miami was trash. What are you arguing here? That coaching doesn’t matter? I’m not sure what your point is? Pats have won with and without Brady. They haven’t won a ring without him because he is a great quarterback. But how anyone can watch this team play and not see how great their coaching is? Hard for me to understanding.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because Miami was trash. What are you arguing here? That coaching doesn’t matter? I’m not sure what your point is? Pats have won with and without Brady. They haven’t won a ring without him because he is a great quarterback. But how anyone can watch this team play and not see how great their coaching is? Hard for me to understanding.
Belichick has NOT won championships without Brady.

They are the greatest HC/QB combo in NFL history. Neither would have had as much success without the other.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 reasons

1. We have Jason Garrett as HC
2. Our defense has largely been constructed under the guideance of Rod Marinelli who likes his DTs to be nice and dainty like a ballerina.

Granted the defense played poorly, and the coaching has to take a lot of the responsibility for that, but the Rams won 14 games over the season in which Garrett and Marinelli were not coaching the opponent, so they actually were a pretty darn good team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger point is we really don’t know what either Bill or Toms destiny would have been without each other.

This thread appears to be presenting a narrative Bill would have gone to 9 Super Bowls without Brady.

I’m arguing they both were critical.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How is it bashing if it is the truth?

You Jason Garrett jock riders are hilarious...………..Your boy hasn't won jack in almost a decade and yall keep defending this clown.

Time is almost up for the clapping monkey;)
I didn't take a side. I only made a harmless comment how relentless you haters of JG are. Never said it was or was not justified.

bleedin' blue

Reaction score
They ran 39 times against the Boys and Anderson was even better than Gurley... Against the Pats they ran 17 times... Running is the strength of the Rams and they decided not to in the biggest game... Hmmmmmmmmmm...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You've picked out one game. Look at the entirety of our coaching staff's games.
this was in response to a previous post, talking about the rams game. a specific game. so I responded the same. and thank you, you are making my exact point. anything can happen in a one game series. but things tend to average out over time. Pats were 12th in the league over all on defense. 7th in scoring defense.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
A good coach would have game planned for them. You see what Belececk did to them. Why doesn't it ever seem that we put our team in a position to win vs just forcing them to bang their heads against the other team?

I’ve been thinking about this post since Sunday and I’m ready to take a stab at it.. We lost because the Rams put up more points than we did....

Dre11

Reaction score
He won with Matt Cassell. He won with Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy G. Brady needs Bellicheat not the other way around.

He won a couple games with Brissett, he missed the playoff with Cassel. Hell, Switzer won a a Super Bowl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Belichick has NOT won championships without Brady.

They are the greatest HC/QB combo in NFL history. Neither would have had as much success without the other.
I don’t disagree.

He won a couple games with Brissett, he missed the playoff with Cassel. Hell, Switzer won a a Super Bowl.
So what? Switzer has arguably the best team in the league and still could only win one out or two. Why are you guys acting dumb?

Dre11

Reaction score
I don’t disagree.

So what? Switzer has arguably the best team in the league and still could only win one out or two. Why are you guys acting dumb?

Why are you, discounting the greatest qb ever.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he came to Dallas, I asked was he bringing Brady.
And he’s won games WITHOUT Brady.......he doesn’t have a ring without him which i acknowledged. Bellicheat teams are rarely the most talented. There’s a reason why Brady keeps taking pay cuts to stay in they system.

Dre11

Reaction score
And he’s won games WITHOUT Brady.......he doesn’t have a ring without him which i acknowledged. Bellicheat teams are rarely the most talented. There’s a reason why Brady keeps taking pay cuts to stay in they system.

He's win games and nothing else, it takes a great qb to do what new England did, also , the taems are the most talented, but they always have smart, cerebral ,hardworking players that understand their roles, add that to Brady and while they're not the most talented team, their the most complete teams.