How do they fix the run game

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Will Zeke and Pollard be healthy next year? Also the OL could use some new faces. I’m just not sure how they can fix the run game in one offseason. I think they need a mid round RB and an early OL pick for starters. I also think Ceedee will have to transform into a monster WR next year.

The defense needs some help too so can they fix all this? I guess I would build in the trenches, but it seams to work better if there is an off-season theme like fix the run game or the defense. What would you do? I suppose I would go OL, DL, RB, LB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Will Zeke and Pollard be healthy next year? Also the OL could use some new faces. I’m just not sure how they can fix the run game in one offseason. I think they need a mid round RB and an early OL pick for starters. I also think Ceedee will have to transform into a monster WR next year.

The defense needs some help too so can they fix all this? I guess I would build in the trenches, but it seams to work better if there is an off-season theme like fix the run game or the defense. What would you do? I suppose I would go OL, DL, RB, LB.
I think its entirely possible to "fix" the run game in one offseason.

They probably need one starting OL and another RB with some life in his legs to compliment Pollard.

Of course it's about the staff getting the most out of what they have but we fail time and time again doing that.

They also need to not start guys based on being stuck with the contract....as well as understand that "yards are yards" isn't at all true.

In the end I'm not sure it's about fixing things as much as the coaches flawed philosophy.

Only one way to correct that and it ain't happening.

Moore is exactly like Garrett. Doesn't have enough experience to be effective and the team pays the price.

Jerry meanwhile thinks he can create his own genius puppet by letting him learn on the job, and saddle the current HC with that guy.

The guy seriously treats failure like success sometimes.

And we continue to wonder......

glimmerman

Reaction score
1. Hire a run game guru.
2. Draft some hosses up front instead of ballet dancers.
I would get a new O-Line coach. He I think changed the scheme they use. Don’t seem to be a power blocking scheme anymore. Not sure what they are doing. Seeing 2 linemen on 1 rusher and leaves a huge gap for the backer to get through. Blows up the run and gets the backer in the back field quickly..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This wont be popular and i get it, its not a shot at Zeke. You dont spend that money on a RB you spend it on the O-line and keep your RB room young and on rookie contracts, first step. Second you get a TE that can at least kinda block or you spread the field completly out we do neither. Third you scheme it using the other teams weakness ( we dont do this either). again this is not a shot at Zeke its more about the state of the RB position in todays capped NFL. It is a shot at our OC and I'm good with that because he is a problem.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas ranked 12th in rushing attempts on the season, that number dropped mid season, Dallas was avg 168 a game rushing but again by mid season it fell and ending the season at 124 a game big drop off from early in the year, in large part because of penalties and break downs on OL. I don't think Moore opposes running the ball but will not stick with it if we are constantly behind the chains, especially when you do have 3 quality WR to turn to. I want to see Dallas do a better job of showing consistency running the ball but you have to be showing success running it.

Reaction score
1. Hire a run game guru.
2. Draft some hosses up front instead of ballet dancers.

It's hard to pin blame on the OL coach specifically instead of player talent but it sure looked like they were underperforming. Moore needs help (or to be replaced) and it doesn't look like Philbin or McCarthy are providing any help at all.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dallas ranked 12th in rushing attempts on the season, that number dropped mid season, Dallas was avg 168 a game rushing but again by mid season it fell and ending the season at 124 a game big drop off from early in the year, in large part because of penalties and break downs on OL. I don't think Moore opposes running the ball but will not stick with it if we are constantly behind the chains, especially when you do have 3 quality WR to turn to. I want to see Dallas do a better job of showing consistency running the ball but you have to be showing success running it.
If you would use shorter routes to get the ball in the WR hands it would help. Let them get the YAC. Run more than up the gut. And stop the WR screens. That’s gonna get picked. He is not using misdirection or much motion any more. Actually the 49ers saints when we played them in the playoff game that everytime we used motion they knew it was a run play..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Step 1. You make running the ball a priority.
Step 2. Brink in a new run game coordinator to help Kellen design runs.
Step 2a. You have got to do better designing pass and run plays from the same formations, using the same motions, setting up exactly the same before the snap.
Step 3. You bring in a fresh couple of RB prospects every year and play whoever is most effective. Feed the hot hand that day.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
We need a big, nasty LG. LC ain't it. He doesn't have the mental make-up to bully DTs. Will Hernandez is the type of G we need, big, strong and a bully. You hate him on the opposing team but love him on yours.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Step 2a. You have got to do better designing pass and run plays from the same formations, using the same motions, setting up exactly the same before the snap.
Step 3. You bring in a fresh couple of RB prospects every year and play whoever is most effective. Feed the hot hand that day.

2A means you need a TE that can actually block and we dont have one. If they pay one of those guys big money I'm going to lose my mind. If they have value trade them and get a decent 2 way TE...we have pass catchers we should be using already.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Some where you may want to add getting LG and Center who are not getting pushed backwards and better blocking on the edge by TE.