How do they fix the run game

glimmerman

Reaction score
I dont agree with this and here's why. JJ has paid over 300 million in salary to the offensive line.. He had paid $90 million to his running back and $160 million to his QB an $100 million to his top wide receiver. How he spends his money tells me he believes you need to be good at all of the above. The disconnect is with his OC.. who doesn't care anything about running the ball and who doesn't bother to analyze his blocking schemes for the myriad of flaw that good defense expose in them. I don't think the offensive line players are anywhere near as bad as this scheme is making them look. Even Connor Williams was never this bad before Philbin and Moore teamed up. Hell he was less of a liability a rookie than he is now.. That's coaching man. Same with the refusal to use Pollard more and be creative about it. As much as fans want him to become the lead dog at RB I believe his true value is in that Deebo Samuel role.. doing a little bit of everything.. forcing the defense to locate him every snap, stressing the edges while not asking him to take on 255-275 pound people with a head of steam about to take the QB's head off.
Fire your O-Line coach and go back to our old blocking scheme and we will be much better at running. Even if Moore wants to run up the gut. These same guys would get 5 yards a carry or close to it. This idiot changes things and now we are blocking 2 on 1 and leaving the gap for the line backer to come through constantly. Or just leaving 1 of the 4 rushers coming through. They either don’t understand this scheme or suck at it, let them maul. Go to 2 back set if we need to. Moore needs to be told by someone to run the off tackle runs. Pollards huge run he injured himself on was off tackle. Never saw us run it again. Run a dump off let them come and slip Elliot right behind the rushing line backer. Hit him on a screen early instead of a last choice. Elliot was lethal on screens. Ask the 49ers a few years ago and the steelers. This joke of a line coach has screwed this team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Fire your O-Line coach and go back to our old blocking scheme and we will be much better at running. Even if Moore wants to run up the gut. These same guys would get 5 yards a carry or close to it. This idiot changes things and now we are blocking 2 on 1 and leaving the gap for the line backer to come through constantly. Or just leaving 1 of the 4 rushers coming through. They either don’t understand this scheme or suck at it, let them maul. Go to 2 back set if we need to. Moore needs to be told by someone to run the off tackle runs. Pollards huge run he injured himself on was off tackle. Never saw us run it again. Run a dump off let them come and slip Elliot right behind the rushing line backer. Hit him on a screen early instead of a last choice. Elliot was lethal on screens. Ask the 49ers a few years ago and the steelers. This joke of a line coach has screwed this team.

The way this OC and OL coach have been deploying the guys is why I am not excited about next season. I have no reason to believe they have learned anything which means nothing will change. As long as Zeke and Pollard are healthy they will break off enough big runs that we will again be fooled into believing Moore has figured it out. But he will continue to abandon the run at his earliest convenience.., and we will again be doomed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The way this OC and OL coach have been deploying the guys is why I am not excited about next season. I have no reason to believe they have learned anything which means nothing will change. As long as Zeke and Pollard are healthy they will break off enough big runs that we will again be fooled into believing Moore has figured it out. But he will continue to abandon the run at his earliest convenience.., and we will again be doomed.
If they don’t get a new O-Line coach or hear that they went back to the power run game then I will 100% agree. If they stay the same the only times they break off long runs they will be called back for penalties. The scheme they use is showing to much hands and apparently easy to call..