How do we compare to Pats and Falcons now

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Ryan had a hand in it, but he was not to blame for the SB collapse.

I pin the idiot tag on the OC for not handing the ball off to close out the game after the Jones catch- an egregious mistake. In totality,
Matt Ryan made enough plays to warrant a Super Bowl victory. He was betrayed by his coaching staff and a spotty defense that mailed in their effort at the end of the 3rd Q.
Like it or not but QBs get too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing. Mr. Melt has been the face of some stinkers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The real question is how do the Cowboys compare to the Giants and dreaded Eagles. Thats where the season will be won or lost.

This got my attention:

Philadelphia Eagles: A
Draft picks: Tennessee DE Derek Barnett, Washington CB Sidney Jones, West Virginia CB Rasul Douglas, Eagles WR Mack Hollins, San Diego State RB Donnel Pumphrey, West Virginia WR Shelton Gibson, Nebraska S Nate Gerry. Washington DT Elijah Qualls
There should be few boobirds in Philadelphia after the draft when it comes to the home team. Every need was checked off with no reaches, and both Barnett and Jones are ideal defensive scheme fits. They padded the re-made wideout corps for Carson Wentz, too, and found their new change-up speed back in Humphrey.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...9ers-raiders-bears/18hqayqs3zll51g21an59nw2g5

Washington Commanders: A-
Draft picks: Alabama DE Jonathan Allen, Alabama OLB Ryan Anderson, UCLA CB Fabian Moreau, Oklahoma RB Samaje Perine, Michigan State S Montae Nicholson, Arkansas TE Jeremy Sprinkle, Wyoming C/G Chase Roullier, Georgia State WR Robert Davis, Louisville S Josh Harvey-Clemons, Auburn DB Joshua Holsey
The Commanders thought defense first with their 10 picks and rolled with two front-seven steals from the Crimson Tide. Likewise, Moreau and Nicholson both are ideal fits for the secondary. Perine landed in a great spot to see a key role in their offense. Sprinkle is a good in-line backup. The only knock comes from no late QB project.

New York Giants: A-
Draft picks: Ole Miss TE Evan Engram, Alabama DT Dalvin Thompson, Cal QB Davis Webb, Clemson RB Wayne Gallman, Youngstown State DE Avery Moss, Pittsburgh T Adam Bisnowaty
Jerry Reese has done it again. Offensively, New York got a little more support for Eli Manning with both Engram and Gallman, but also got a potential No. 1 QB to groom behind him in Webb. Defensively, Moss and Thompson are their typical brand of 4-3 linemen. Bisnowaty has left tackle upside. The only thing missing is some needed youthful speed and quickness at linebacker.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Better question is how do the Cowboys compare vs the Packers -- the team that the Cowboys haven't advanced against in their last two playoff games.

More specifically, do we think the this year's defense will be in a better position (ie more talent) to stop Aaron Rodgers.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Better question is how do the Cowboys compare vs the Packers -- the team that the Cowboys haven't advanced against in their last two playoff games.

More specifically, do we think the this year's defense will be in a better position (ie more talent) to stop Aaron Rodgers.

the superbowl likely goes through NE and ATL.
if we have to worry about 2nd tier declining teams, just go 4-12 and get the daddy.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Patriots have benefitted from playing in the worst division in football the past 17 years

If you're guaranteed a ticket to the playoffs every season, you're bound to hit on a few runs to the SB. The AFC in general has been a Pats-Manning-Steelers representative during that time... it's easily the weaker conference.

That being said, they're extremely sound and don't make mistakes. You have to match that level of consistency for 60 mins in an elimination game to knock them off, and that's tough to do... especially for a road team.

Brady's the Goat, but I see them falling off considerably once he retires.

Dallas is the youngest team in the league and has set themselves up for sustained success for a decade. I'm just ready to enjoy the ride. We're built to beat anyone, anywhere

benson

Reaction score
How quickly people forget that whenever the cowboys are expected to be anything but bottom dwellers anything that can go wrong does go wrong. It all starts with coaching. Unless we are underdogs with no shot in hell, we usually grossly underperform. At least that's what the last 10 years would imply.

Proximo

Reaction score
They'll most likely have a Super Bowl hangover and not even make the playoffs.

The way their season ended it might take two years for that hangover to fade away.

I pray nothing like that ever happens to our Cowboys. Sickening.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Pats cheat. Doesnt matter how a team compares to them. I really dont care about this team. And everybody else should too IMO.

I think even last year we could have beaten the Falcons.
We started bad against the packers. Should have won the game easily. So dont overreact to the loss.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
It's about time for Eli to fall off a cliff already. Philly we won't know how strong they'll be until Wentz exposes himself and actually tries to be a real qb and not a screen throwing demon. They have WRs who won't tolerate him not going downfield. We'll see if Wentz is really the guy. Washington will fold at any sight of adversity as usual.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Pats cheat. Doesnt matter how a team compares to them. I really dont care about this team. And everybody else should too IMO.

I think even last year we could have beaten the Falcons.
We started bad against the packers. Should have won the game easily. So dont overreact to the loss.

we could have possibly beat the falcons last year, but they improved.
they signed a premium DT and also drafted Tak (right before us) for their DL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pats - traded to upgrade WR with Cook and acquire Ealy, signed top CB in Gilmore, resigned a lot of their better FAs including Hightower. Kept Garoppolo
Falcons - signed top DT in Poe, grabbed Tak in front of Cowboys to bookend with their 17-sack RDE.

Falcons were missing Desmond Trufant too

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NE just signed a couple of scrub twins, expect them to be household names by December :laugh:

willia451

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the players. The ability has emerged in house to spot and develop the talent we need. Bring in good football players with the right kind of attitude. Smart. Solid. That kind of thing.

The last few drafts more or less establish that.

So player for player we seem to match up nicely with the elite teams you've mentioned.

But, its the coaches. I don't know what it is. But I simply have zero confidence in this coaching staff and its ability to win in the playoffs. Its almost like when they get into the playoffs, they just get out-coached. Make bonehead decisions. Mistakes. Get away from what we do best. You name it.

And the sad part about is they're fine in every other regard. More than fine, in fact.

I don't know. They certainly aren't going anywhere anytime soon. At least for another couple of years. So we'll see.

Maybe they'll get better?