How do you enjoy watching the Cowboys?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I actually enjoy watching the games by myself as time went on. Used to be all about going to sports bar with a lot of friends and family. Being in that loud atmosphere, getting hyped. Going to Cowboys Stadium and going to tailgates, being out there all day with like Cowboys fans, friends, drinks, food.

But now days, I prefer watching them by myself. My fiance isn't really a sports fan. She has given it a chance but it isn't really for her so I just watch by myself. Helps me get into my own zone. Usually sipping on bourbon straight throughout. Maybe some bourbon/cokes.

I also usually have a football in my hand, standing up a lot and walking around tossing the ball to myself.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I watch in my living room with my wife beside me. She’s yells more than me. She thinks I’m Nostradamus as I say something and it happens! When the kids come in she kicks them out. Today will be stressful folks. Please let this be a blowout
:lmao:That's awesome

Creeper

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the Cowboys with my son who is 8.
I used to enjoy watching with my son but he is 45 now and lives on the other side of the country. I prefer to watch the games alone and away from distractions. And of course, I prefer logging into this forum to commiserate as the game goes on. If they lose, this forum is a great place to get out my frustrations.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Enjoy? When I rewatch a game we've already won. During the game, there is no joy.

glimmerman

Reaction score
For myself. I do whatever it takes Monday through Saturday. I take care of the family friends. Anybody who needs a helping hand?
But when the Cowboys are on, I am in my man cave, watching the game by myself, nobody bothers me. They know it’s my time because if someone walks in and there’s a mistake, I blame it on them lol.
Like I really have something to do with it. Well 60 years of football maybe I do. How do you enjoy watching the game cowboy family
Crazy is what some call it but I am the same way. For some reason I think that certain things I do affect the game. Didn’t get to watch the fins game so I figure that’s part of the reason we lost. Lol.

Nav22

Reaction score
My buddy who's a 49ers fan was supposed to come over to watch with me today. I watched each of our last 2 playoff losses vs SF with him and others.

I caught a cold and now he won't be coming over, which I'm actually thrilled about. We got this.
:starspin:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My daughters are older and always with their friends. My wife hated football until the Swift garbage. Still she doesn’t care. That leaves me and the dog. That old girl would sit on broken glass to hang with me. She is the definition of a best friend. Her and I hang. Usually with some good treats nearby. Halftime food adjustments are the norm. I like a beer or three or four. Today we just got back from the great Italian deli so it will be a smorgasbord of cured meats, cheese, pepper shooters, and roasted sun dried peppers. Some nice crackers too. Phone in hand to opine to you all on the game. It really is a great 3 hours.

btgboys41

Reaction score
My buddy who's a 49ers fan was supposed to come over to watch with me today. I watched each of our last 2 playoff losses vs SF with him and others.

I caught a cold and now he won't be coming over, which I'm actually thrilled about. We got this.
:starspin:
Yes we do. Heal up.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
10 years ago it was down at the bar with my group of friends. We would sit there damn near all day. Those were good times, and I was obviously younger then, but those days have come and gone.

These days I just enjoy sitting at home in my mancave with just me, myself, and I. I honestly prefer it. A lot of times I will fire up the ole' desktop and hang out in the Game Day thread. It can be entertaining, plus it feels like I am "hanging out" with other Cowboys fans.

My brother-in-law is into football too, and every now and again we will meet up and watch it at one of our houses or a place like BWW. Him and I have actually flown out and gone to a couple of NFL games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I watch the games alone. My wife isn’t into football and none of my friends are Cowboys fans. This is really the only alone time I have and I enjoy it. While I’m watching the games, I’m chatting here.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the games in the comfort of my own home, stressed to the gills! If the game is close, I'm usually cussing and complaining. My wife complains that I raise her anxieties o_O. I guess it's a fair trade since I have to listen to her speak in broken tongue while her beloved Razorbacks are on.
This is my 45th year of being a die hard fan...I was 8 years old when I got hooked. Alot of up's and downs over the years, but I wouldn't have changed it for nothing.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bingo.... I have a long time friend... hell basically since my wife was 3 and she is now 54. Guy is one heck of a cook and he loves doing Sunday family dinner. He puts on an amazing spread all afternoon. Makes everything from scratch, even makes his own sausage. Anyways, we have had a sunday a dinner in a while and today everyone is going over. But I cant do it..... I cant watch the game and be as intense as I know I am and have a dozen chatterboxes in there not really caring that the game is on. So I stay home. If we win, Ill jump in my car and head over. If we lose.... Ill stay home.
We're currently been living with at my mother-in-law's while our has is being remodeled. I love her and her attempts to engage me, but it's exhausting trying to find novel ways to humor her and act like her football takes are interesting.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Usually my Wife and I. It surprises me how much she knows. She gets over a loss much quicker than I do.

My son and I will text during the game. He gets just as nervous as I do.

Come on Cowboys! Just do it!

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, it's usually when they play a team with a losing record