How do you let Moehrig go?

btcutter

Reaction score
JOK is better talent than Joseph.

Butkus award winner would have stepped into SS and dime LB spot from day one.

JOK is 2nd coming of Darren Woodson.

I won’t go that far. JOK is a player without a position. I don’t trust the coaches in Dallas or know how to utilize him. There’s a reason he fell that far.
Joseph is a talent but I am very concerned about his attitude and coachabiliy. Not finishing at two programs are major red flags.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
JOK is better talent than Joseph.

Butkus award winner would have stepped into SS and dime LB spot from day one.

JOK is 2nd coming of Darren Woodson.
Nah. The upside and athleticism yes. But i always worry about guys in college with crazy athleticism and low production. Joseph had 4 ints and 6 pbus in 9 games. 9 games

John813

Reaction score
He had a late back injury working out on his own that was MRI'd during the medical recheck. Some teams felt there was significant enough damage that he might require surgery or missed time. Perhaps the Cowboys were one of those teams. I was fighting mad that they didn't go get him but they know more than we do. I did like the pick they made, but the third round is where it went completely off the rails in my opinion. I don't think any of those three will start a single game for this team.

Interesting that would be a red flag but Jaylon and LVE were fine with nerve damage/neck issue

Reactions: BAT

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One pick away. Would have immediately been the best FS we’ve have had in a decade. You have all the picks in the world to move up and make sure you get him. Instead we sit. And we watch someone else move up and get him. Glad we held onto that 6th Stevie, I’m sure it’ll be useful

Its just like the Dallas Goedart draft or , heck, Thursday night. We just sit back and hope the guy we really want falls to us.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don't really see the big deal about this pick. If Moehrig was the next Earl Thomas, he would've gone early in the 1st. I don't know much about Kelvin Johnson, but maybe they had him graded as not much lower than Surtain/Horn. There aren't many elite safeties in this league, and quality starting CBs are probably more valued. That being said, I don't know much about Johnson. It sounds like he has a high ceiling with character concerns. The Bucs drafted a great CB in the 2nd last year, and most recent 1st round CBs have been duds.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
The reason that explains all: they want cheap bodies for cap reasons so would not lose a pick to move up. Then it becomes a passive game where they get what’s left. I mean, the raiders knew they just needed to pay to get one pick in front of us says it all.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph is a better talent than moehrig. If i had to have one or the other it would be joseph

Agreed I have no concern with the top 2 picks but it got strange in round 3. Today we'll probably crush it with late round talent that had 3rd and 4th round grades lol.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Report came out from Ian Rappaport that he injured his back and tests did find something.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Just said on NFLN the Cowboys were taking Joseph even if Moehrig was there. No way to know if true or smoke screen and you can argue whether it was smart or dumb, but there it is

Bigdog

Reaction score
Apparently we don’t learn from our own history when the Niners came up and drafted perhaps the greatest player of all time in Jerry Rice with the 16th pick right in front of us at 17. Hopefully it doesn’t bite us in the butt like that did.

Aven8

Reaction score
They wanted a Corner. They tried to trade up with Atlanta to get Campbell but he was taken. They were taking a Corner no matter what IMO.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone was fine with saying Farley shouldn't be picked but some of those same people crying that Moehrig should be picked.

I don't think alot of people are aware of the report on Moehrig regarding his back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The 2 most likely reasons are not what some of you want to here.

1. They didn't know what others teams were going to do. (no one really knows so stop pretending you do)
2. They didn't have him graded as high as the Cowboyszone draft squad. Or the CB was graded higher and with Kazee we needed a CB more than a safety.

ON point, totally agree ....

add

3. maybe they didnt find move up partner..they could have been shut out pickblocked, takes two or three to tango

these fans act as if the dc didnt try rumor's in the first they tried and failed at finding a move up a few spots in the first round..they instead moved down got great player and 3rd..

sure the 3rd round looks lie reach ill admit that but appearances off of mock drfat boards are just that. Opinions really. The payers themselves can prove all that out..

add

4. lets stop putting the Moehreig is frontline lock starter and will do great things player we missed on, until we do..yes would have been nice to try and move up to get Barmore or Morehig both fan pleasers but until this draft plays 1-3 years in the league dont assume to know they are good or bad until you have proof..

there are many big name high draft picks busts in these drafts then i can count on all teams.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll say it again. We won the draft last year yet went 6-10. There is no winning the draft for years down the road, so stop becoming in love with specific players because the Cowboys didn't ask you who to draft.