How do you let Moehrig go?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Like Darren Woodson was a player without a position?

As great as Darren Woodson was as a LB, he did not win Butkus Award.

JOK was the BEST linebacker last season.

He will definitely have a role in pass happy modern era where the base defense plays more hybrid players. At ND, he played FS, SS and slot corner - lined up in the slot over 50% of his snaps and he had 7 sacks in less than 15% of his snaps rushing passer. This kid definitely can do it all.

He is in same mold as Derwin James.

JOK would be perfect in Kam Chancellor role in Dan Quinn system.

is he still there?

we got Kazzee and Neal to go along with Wilson and using JS and Parsons in similar roles so its tough to add another in the same mold but maybe not woodson but hes Hybrid ss/LB type that fits quinns system maybe the next NEAL but we do have that as of now..

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Report came out from Ian Rappaport that he injured his back and tests did find something.
This whole board can roast the FO but not picking Moehrig if you suspect his back issues would be a problem is the right move. And I really like the player. At some point you just have to pass on the player. Simply from a footballl standpoint, Joseph is legit. And the interest in Surtain and Horn should tell you all you need to about how we feel about the position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
do we not herald the black guy in charge of scouting for dallas?....maybe he does not have a voice in the war room?....but not happy with guys we settle for...maybe coaches who do not watch tape of these players have too much voice in room?...not sure but...that wright pick at #99 last night could have been gotten in 7th rd...2-3 of our picks could have been gotten in rds 5-7...wasted premium picks....if i am wrong i will totally admit it....and to be honest i hope i am dead wrong
there will be some crow eating but most fans sit on the negative side of the ledge and sometimes it smacks they hope these are bad picks so they can gloat later..

seriously draft ranks and boards are there for the fans to follow they arent all facts in scouting departments,,1000s of mocks many boards but really only people who know what these players rank are, are the scouts who study all their film, talked to them went to senior bowl and pro days

you telling professional they should wait to get those guys in the 7th thinking they would be there and scouts are wrong over board projections, need to rethink that..

let them field team see how it plays out over 17 games..

dwreck27

Reaction score
Honestly thought we were going to package up a 3rd and move up to get him

instead we decide to reach for guys in those rounds instead of a walk in starter

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
do we not herald the black guy in charge of scouting for dallas?....maybe he does not have a voice in the war room?....but not happy with guys we settle for...maybe coaches who do not watch tape of these players have too much voice in room?...not sure but...that wright pick at #99 last night could have been gotten in 7th rd...2-3 of our picks could have been gotten in rds 5-7...wasted premium picks....if i am wrong i will totally admit it....and to be honest i hope i am dead wrong

why did you feel the need to point out that Will McCay is black? your sentence works just the same by leaving out information that is not relevant to the job he is doing :huh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One pick away. Would have immediately been the best FS we’ve have had in a decade. You have all the picks in the world to move up and make sure you get him. Instead we sit. And we watch someone else move up and get him. Glad we held onto that 6th Stevie, I’m sure it’ll be useful
Give you a defensive tackle. That people have been asking for for decades. We have our safety. In free agency

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One pick away. Would have immediately been the best FS we’ve have had in a decade. You have all the picks in the world to move up and make sure you get him. Instead we sit. And we watch someone else move up and get him. Glad we held onto that 6th Stevie, I’m sure it’ll be useful

Whole family is drunk on Jack Daniels and MM is high on cream pie.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He had a late back injury working out on his own that was MRI'd during the medical recheck. Some teams felt there was significant enough damage that he might require surgery or missed time. Perhaps the Cowboys were one of those teams. I was fighting mad that they didn't go get him but they know more than we do. I did like the pick they made, but the third round is where it went completely off the rails in my opinion. I don't think any of those three will start a single game for this team.
You can’t say it went off the rails. After Rd2 it’s a crapshoot. You’re going off perceived potential. Might be better pros than college, maybe not.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Probably because the FO is reactionary and they got praise one year for 'standing pat', so they thought they'd do it again until other teams adjusted and started jumping the gun in front of us. It'll probably take 2 or 3 years of other teams punishing us for standing pat before we adjust again and start trying to trade up to get guys we want.
I lump missing out on Sustain because we obviously wanted him but we're stupid to not move up and take him. Lazy non-move for sure.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That was a huge disappointment. I was hoping we’d use our extra pick to move up to get the guy we wanted.

Then you use a 3rd rounder and package it up to get higher picks. There is no reason to hoard a bunch of picks and sit on them.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
there will be some crow eating but most fans sit on the negative side of the ledge and sometimes it smacks they hope these are bad picks so they can gloat later..

seriously draft ranks and boards are there for the fans to follow they arent all facts in scouting departments,,1000s of mocks many boards but really only people who know what these players rank are, are the scouts who study all their film, talked to them went to senior bowl and pro days

you telling professional they should wait to get those guys in the 7th thinking they would be there and scouts are wrong over board projections, need to rethink that..

let them field team see how it plays out over 17 games..

i honestly want to be dead wrong how i view some of these picks....i actually like the taste of crow...i have eaten a lot of it in my life

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because they don't actually know what they're doing on draft day. Look at the last 4 drafts, one guy has made the Pro Bowl?
Fwiw, I like the odds of Lamb and Diggs eventually making a Pro Bowl

And spend enormous resources on scouting and draft prep.
They for suredo have a plan for every scenario
For sure

The problem is that the actual olan is wrong sometimes,

I agree that IF there was a trade available to go up a few spots (and a team wanted to drop only a few spots) AND we actually liked Moeri g more than who got, then sure...do it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I lump missing out on Sustain because we obviously wanted him but we're stupid to not move up and take him. Lazy non-move for sure.
no you are moronic for calling them stupid when you do not run a pro sports team..these scouts and fo people have been basically sleeping away from home the last 30+ days or more studying these players.

You pick some popular names say we should jump 4 spots to take them, ...they thought pf that and decided it wasn't worth the draft stock..

we got an equal to better talent at 12 plus 3rd rounder simply at different position..i believe their assessment over yours

DFWJC

Reaction score
Do we for-sure know that Dallas had Moering higher than Kelvin Joseph?
A real high chance they did not
We learned time and time again that their grades were very different than ours

fir all we know they may e taken Joseph in a trade-up.
Then who would be the dipsharts

ondaedg

Reaction score

What blows me away is we could have traded our last 3rd round pick to move up and instead we draft a guy with that pick who was predicted to be a 7th rounder or an udfa. Absolutely mind boggling.:

fansince68

Reaction score
Probably because the FO is reactionary and they got praise one year for 'standing pat', so they thought they'd do it again until other teams adjusted and started jumping the gun in front of us. It'll probably take 2 or 3 years of other teams punishing us for standing pat before we adjust again and start trying to trade up to get guys we want.
Lol, I like that...

rambo2

Reaction score
I would rather have Joesph and Cox. It turned out well after all.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Anybody claiming that about this draft doesn't have a clue.

Whats so good about this draft?

Our run defense sucked last year. It's still going to suck this year.

We have not fixed the trenches. We are still going to be suspect against the run. Just like last year.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Two teams drafted another safety over him. Back problems always linger.

he small as hell for a safety also.

not sure we would have picked him had he dropped