CZ POLL How do you think the Cowboys will do next season?

How do you think the Cowboys will do next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghst187

Reaction score
Well we went .500 without any basic coaching whatsoever so I have to presume that with even average coaching and minor personnel improvement at a few positions we should be good for 3-4 more wins, esp when we can look back at losses that we had no business losing....New Orleans, New England, NYJ, Buffalo....pretty sure MM wins those games.
i surmise that we will be furious that Jerry didn’t make this move sooner rather than wasting these last few years with loser JG

Gaede

Reaction score
I think we make the playoffs with McCarthy leading the offense and Jerry putting a ton of resources into the defense during free agency and the draft. I think he'll be less inclined to scrub the bottom of the barrell thinking Nolan will coach 'em up

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't predict SB but I will say this team has a lot of talent on it and it now falls to McCarthy to get the most out of this talent.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
wow a lot of people posting that I never saw posting during the season!
I came back to say 12-4 and they get to the nfccg.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping we'll at least equal or better what we did last year, even though some extremely crucial adjustments will be necessary. If the revised coaching staff is able to do that, we'd likely be even better in the years to follow. Getting adjusted to the new schemes on both sides of the ball is no small matter. Additionally, the revamping of the special teams should be a challenge for the new coaching staff. In any event, it's a worthy goal to shoot for.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s tough to say how it’s going to go next year with a new HC/DC and around 26 free agents.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good luck trying to predict how any season will go with the Cowboys. None of us have a clue the team is too unpredictable. I know one thing predicting Super Bowls isn’t a wise choice.

Carter

Reaction score
I will never predict anything in the NFL.

Only the Chiefs made the Divisional Round two years in a row now from all NFL Teams.

I was sure the Saints are a shoe-in for the Superbowl this Year. lol

BoysForLife

Reaction score
19-0.
Win Super Bowl by a score of 75-3 after mercifully allowing our hapless opponent a FG on the last play.

Garrett was the only thing holding this team back and we got rid of him. I read it here, it has to be true.
We may literally never lose another football game ever again, as long as we don't rehire Garrett for some reason.

aikemirv

Reaction score
When FA done we will have a better picture of what to expect.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you can do at this point is guess what would have happened if these coaches had been running this team this past year. Easily 1st or 2nd round.

John813

Reaction score
Anything less than divisional would be a bummer. Think he can hit that mark year 1 though.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not my official pick yet but I think we win the East and go at least a game further then Garrett has taken us in the playoffs.

quickccc

Reaction score
- A team that will have to make major adjustments on both sides of the ball ...
- a possible Cooper re-signing uncertainty ...
- and most of secondary unit that may have to be immediately replaced per FA loss.
- not a guaranteed that Quinn (by far our best pass rusher in 2019) will be back - and I'll have to see what we do in NFL draft and FA market.
- We receive very little help in last year's draft, outside from Pollard; can Trysten Hill be an effective 3-4 End , if we convert to that scheme ?

I think it's take a little longer than that. More likely by year 2 under McCarthy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes, it is early, but still an interesting question.

With the hiring of a new coaching staff and system, how do you think the Cowboys will do next season?

McCarthy is an upgrade, but we're losing lots of players on defense. Most likely we make the playoffs but don't go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.