How does Dak get credit for his rookie year but Linehan gets blame since

Them

Reaction score
How does Dak get credit for his rookie year but Linehan gets blame since

..Cause Dak was a rookie then , Linehan was not!...:cool:

khiladi

Reaction score
Linehan gets the blame, since he didn't get it done, before Dak became the QB of the Cowboys. If it's all on Dak and not on the coaches, then how come this team didn't get past the divisional round with Romo? I believe that Garrett's time should be limited if we miss the playoffs or get kicked out in the divisional round again next season.

Romo had one year with Linehan and was basically an MVP of the league.. the rest of his career was being hamstrung by Garrett who didn’t even allow Romo in game-planning meetings.

Kyle Orton also choked away a chance at the playoffs under Garrett and Orton was essentially the best back-up in the league.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Does it make any sense to anyone that everyone credits Dak for his own rookie year, but Linehan doesn't get the same pass? Dak has been average at best since then, but escapes all the blame.

I'll never figure that out, just like I won't be able to figure out how Garrett manages to go through coordinators and still stay without any real success... He is lucky that no team in our division has maintained a dominant roster during his tenure.

If we were in the AFC East, AFC North, NFC North, NFC West we would have been a laughing stock.

Too late he gone bruh.. and Bout Time!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Average? Not having a losing season and getting to the second round of the playoffs twice in ones first 3 years is average? What blame has dak escaped? he has been bashed nonstop on this board and even during a winning streak.

Linehan gets bashed because he keeps calling plays like we had the 2016 online. The kellen moore hire is questionable as well.

Yeah, @Galian Beast really is reaching.

Dak escaping blame? Are you fawking kidding me? Lol.

And to that point Linehan had less and less control of the offense according to Bobby Belt over the 2nd half of the season. The offense was night and day better over the last half. Dak was present for both.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This board is ridiculous when it comes to blame in general.

Bad FO decision= old crazy Jerry again
Good FO decision= Stephen or McClay is a
genius

Dak’s issues being blamed on Kellen Moore

Coaching issues switched from Garrett’s scheme to its all Linehan’s fault

Everything was Marinelli’s fault and Richard did everything that went well

It will really never end either

Yep. You get it

Somehow @Fredbeard doesnt

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Does it make any sense to anyone that everyone credits Dak for his own rookie year, but Linehan doesn't get the same pass? Dak has been average at best since then, but escapes all the blame.

I'll never figure that out, just like I won't be able to figure out how Garrett manages to go through coordinators and still stay without any real success... He is lucky that no team in our division has maintained a dominant roster during his tenure.

If we were in the AFC East, AFC North, NFC North, NFC West we would have been a laughing stock.
its simple. when dak over throws, its the WRs fault that he is not tall enough and can't jump. when dak screws up, its the OL, the scheme, the coach, the OL, the RB (well maybe not), the fans in section 440 row D, the northeast winds, nothing is ever Dak's fault. he is immune. all he needs is a great OL, two #1 WRs a great TE, a great RB and a great defense to save him from those bad offensive games he may have and he is then the best QB...just get him all of those things and Dak is great

Them

Reaction score
....doesn't that argument help Linehan? That Linehan got that kind of performance out of a rookie?
...not really...Dak took the reigns and was a leader...Linehan really had nothing to do with that. Seems any standard OC would have gotten the same results...IMMHO!

Them

Reaction score
...All in all, I'm just not a Linehan fan...I hope for a change next season...at least at the OC position...actually JG can follow Linehan off the bus.:clap:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

OCs are a lot easier to replace than QBs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL is a results oriented business. You get praise when you are good and blame when you are bad. Why this shocks some people is baffling. I think Linehan's conservative, unimaginative play calling is what got him fired. I think the Ram game was the last straw, but far from the first game his playcalling has come under scrutiny.

calico

Reaction score
I'm not one that puts Romo on pedestal and has all of these "if only Romo had this defense" thoughts, but I think he was extremely helpful to Dak that year. I remember shots of him coaching Dak up between series.

I think Romo was the OC that year.

there was an interview where it was stated that romo created the scheme and installed it every week for dak that year. i need to find it. i believe it was a receiver who made the statement.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I always found it funny that Dak lovers throw up all these stats that "prove" he is an elite QB. And in the very next breath say how awful the scheme is and the coaches, like neither have an impact on the success that Dak has had. It's just silly. If he is completing passes at a historic rate, people have to be open, if they are open, the scheme had done it's job. I don't care one way or the other regarding Scott being here or being fired, I don't think he is the main issue with the offense, the issue is the guy taking the snap. But we will all see what a new guy can do with it, and let's just hope that it was Scott all this time.
There are problems on both sides. FRom scheme, there are an inordinate amount of curls and comebacks. Many posters have seen it for a few years, but were only validated when Amari Cooper basically said "screw that, the defense is sitting on that" COuple that with the inability to ever run a positive WR screen, yet do it 2-3 times per game, no rub routes, rare use of hurry up, and stubbornness to not attack a defenses weakness, is why Im at least hopeful for something, sadly, the biggest plays in this offense are usually on extended plays from a breakdown. THis has been a problem for a decade though - well before linehan. THat said, players have some fault as well

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
...not really...Dak took the reigns and was a leader...Linehan really had nothing to do with that. Seems any standard OC would have gotten the same results...IMMHO!

You're trolling LOL

Yes, the OC had nothing to do...at all, with the success of Elliott, Beasley, Dak, or our O-Line in 2016. It was all Dakie poo.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Because Linehan didn't adjust after that year and all the other teams did once they had tape on Dak running the offense built for Romo. That's a coordinators job.
200w.webp

Them

Reaction score
You're trolling LOL

Yes, the OC had nothing to do...at all, with the success of Elliott, Beasley, Dak, or our O-Line in 2016. It was all Dakie poo.

...Trolling?... That's insulting!...Surely ya jest!?!.... We were only talking about Dak and Linehanpoo….of course if you want to broaden the subject ...be my guest... I've already stated my thoughts.:star:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
...Trolling?... That's insulting!...Surely ya jest!?!.... We were only talking about Dak and Linehanpoo….of course if you want to broaden the subject ...be my guest... I've already stated my thoughts.:star:

You're right. Our offense clicking on all cylinders in 2016 had nothing to do with the OC. It was just...Dak. that's it. His "leadership" - rookie "leadership".

Had nothing at all to do with the supporting cast or the playcalling. You got it, man.

Them

Reaction score
You're right. Our offense clicking on all cylinders in 2016 had nothing to do with the OC. It was just...Dak. that's it. His "leadership" - rookie "leadership".

Had nothing at all to do with the supporting cast or the playcalling. You got it, man.

...jeeze dude... I was never talking about the team. Dak got credit because he was Dak.. What other QB did Linehan lead to greatness.(Sanchez? Moore?..lol )Staying with the original subject...I stated Dak got the credit because he was immediately a leader playing well in 2016...and a Rookie at that!.