News: How does Patrick Mahomes' mega-deal affect Dak Prescott negotiations? It's complicated

Polkton31

Reaction score
Keep practicing and preparing those excuses, and I understand, nobody likes egg on their face, or the taste of crow.
Football is a team sport... How's that an excuse? It's a statement of fact. :facepalm: Also, the original conversation was about Mahomes rallying his team from being down 24 points. It had nothing to do with having egg on your face or eating crow. :laugh::lmao::lmao2:Perhaps go back and read the whole exchange instead of cherry picking a response by someone else who wasn't even in the original conversation. Maybe then, your response would actually relate to the conversation, or actually make sense. :thumbup:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Give Andy Reid credit to where its due though. Put Maholmes into a Garrett coached offense and watch him squander that talent away running up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs.
Put Mahomes in a Garrett run offense and JG looks like a Genius and still the HC.
Sad but true.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Football is a team sport... How's that an excuse? It's a statement of fact. :facepalm: Also, the original conversation was about Mahomes rallying his team from being down 24 points. It had nothing to do with having egg on your face or eating crow. :laugh::lmao::lmao2:Perhaps go back and read the whole exchange instead of cherry picking a response by someone else who wasn't even in the original conversation. Maybe then, your response would actually relate to the conversation, or actually make sense. :thumbup:
You should take your own advice, and at least attempt to understand "context'.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Long story short. Dak will not get a new contract. If Dak starts sucking, Dalton will start and they will start getting DeNucci ready for the long term future. Trust me, it will not be the end of the world if the Dak era ends after 2020. Life will go on and the Cowboys will be much better off not sinking a ridiculous amount of money in a QB who is not franchise elite.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I understand context just fine.... But thanks for your concern about my literary acumen. :bow:
Its obvious that you don't, or you never would have posted that.
Is easy,, just google "context', it will help you have a clearer understanding.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Its obvious that you don't, or you never would have posted that.
Is easy,, just google "context', it will help you have a clearer understanding.
Thanks for the advice and the grammar lesson. I'm sorry you've been unable to teach during these trying times. Hopefully your students will be allowed to return to school this fall. If not, you can PM with a schedule for future lessons, and I will try to accommodate you.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well I dont whine about that, I only blame dak for his many bad decisions, and poorly thrown balls.
Those are 2 things he alone is in control of.

There were some going on about dallas wr had more dropped passes than other teams, and I just watched the GB game thru the chicago game,
and I have only seen about 3 real drops, passes that were thrown good but were not caught.
All the others were behind and or high passes.

two games in a row gallup ran the same crossing pattern, and both times dak threw behind him, and one he caught, and the other he didnt.
But that was bad to me because it shows dak cant throw the ball where he can run to it, he throws at the wr instead of to a spot in front of him.
And this is after 4 years of playing starting qb, which kinda means he will continue to do the same thing.
He threw another pass to gallup which was a 30-40 yd completion, but it was thrown late or too high , because gallup had to stop
and wait for it!
Had it been thrown earlier, or lower, it would have been a td, because gallup had his guy beat by 5 yds. But as it was it just added to
daks stats even though it was a bad pass.
Your seeing exactly what I see! Dak is very erratic with ball placement and he rarely leads his WRs. And those are the games where he has time. It's gets worse with pressure and tighter coverage and that would explain Daks inability to perform in the red zone.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long story short. Dak will not get a new contract. If Dak starts sucking, Dalton will start and they will start getting DeNucci ready for the long term future. Trust me, it will not be the end of the world if the Dak era ends after 2020. Life will go on and the Cowboys will be much better off not sinking a ridiculous amount of money in a QB who is not franchise elite.

Spot on!

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Not really THAT complicated, Mahomes is a great QB, Dak has been good at times and awful at times. We’re talking about two vastly different QBs

khiladi

Reaction score
I wonder how PFF determines correctly what exactly is the QB's 1st and 2nd reads on each play...
I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I wonder their process to know this.

Good question....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
? Yes it is.

That's exactly what this thread is about.
So when you buy a car, is it just about the price, the money, or are there other very important factors involved, like term.
Just saying, its much more than just the money.
The most obvious issue is that the FO is actually taking a very smart conservative approach this time, making a mistake with franchise money on a QB that isn't franchise worthy at this point in time is the issue.
Maybe Dak succeeds on his bet, betting on himself, I would love to see Dak actually transcend his game, and actually win his bet, and if that transpires and then the man gets payed and we have a worthy franchise QB.
That hasn't happened yet,, this is really simple.