How does this team move forward?

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t quite understand that myself I mean gilly was a godsend this year but if he was so badly hurt they had to change everything why play

Is wright that bad?
Wright is that bad. Not sure why he's still on the roster, except that we don't give up on players. Wouldn't that vowel guy we traded Thugboy Joseph for have been better?

starfan1

Reaction score
Wright is that bad. Not sure why he's still on the roster, except that we don't give up on players. Wouldn't that vowel guy we traded Thugboy Joseph for have been better?
I don’t know he was soso but he was a stupid player and if I’m not mistaking the dolphins released him

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
First off, I want to thank @NEODOG for posting a thoughtful question without bashing someone, or everyone. Looking at the threads of late, it’s a rarity.

Now to your question of ”How does this team move forward?” We al know there are a myriad of problems. Weak defensive line, weak offensive line, safeties playing as line backers, can’t stop the run, can’t run the ball, stupid mental penalties throughout the year, bad clock management(Detroit game), inability to handle the elements(Bills game), Dak not running enough, bad defensive and offensive play calling and I could go on a bit more.

How do you fix it?

I don’t care how they address these needs be it draft, free agency or trades.

#1 need is beef up both the DT’s and LB’s. You’ll never win in the playoffs if your defense cannot stop the run. That’s a fact. There are of course some one offs, but consistently you will not win.

#2 need is to improve the talent at center. Biadiaz would be a decent backup for any team. But he gets bulldozed more often than not. The best way to defense any QB is to get pressure up the middle. He allows that.

#3 Get Derrick Henry or a Henry type back. You want to establish the run? Get you a Henry type back.

#4 Get a new, tough defensive coordinator. We’ve seen that the “bend but don’t break” defensive philosophy doesn’t work with both Marinelli and now Quinn.

IMHO, this is how the team moves forward. Do this, and despite Jerry, and his country club atmosphere, they can go all the way.
Immediate Fix:
  • Everything you just wrote. Beef up Front 7. Beef up offensive line. Beef up Running Back. BIGGER & TOUGHER.
  • What you didn't write, need to bring in some more Super Bowl veterans. Need people that know how to turn it on and teach others Playoff Football. Won't happen with Tank, Dak, Zack, rest of the one and done vets.
Longer Fix:
  • Change out Coaching Staff. Only so many times you can say same thing before they ignore you. We'll see how it goes, but I think this team is less like Garrett's first lame duck year, and more like his second and will ignore the Coach once a hard streak hits.
Permanent Fix:
  • Replace Owner/GM structure. Will never happen, but is the only permanent fix. Accountability is always necessary in life. We can make same mistakes, follow same methods, not see the writing on the wall, etc. and it won't matter because the man who makes everything go in Cowboys Land will always be there until Death. Reboots are always necessary.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
RB will not matter if the run/blocking scheme gets rb hit in backfield majority of the time

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
With a funeral and a change in ownership.

That may sound cruel but it was Jerry Jones who said he will never give up the GM position. That's the same thing as saying he will be the GM so long as he is alive.

The issue, which is 27 years old, is the GM position. Therefore, under the circumstances, my original statement is the only alternative.
Sometimes I allow myself to believe one of Jerry's spawn will run the team in a different manner once Jerry makes the trip to the underworld.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Immediate Fix:
  • Everything you just wrote. Beef up Front 7. Beef up offensive line. Beef up Running Back. BIGGER & TOUGHER.
  • What you didn't write, need to bring in some more Super Bowl veterans. Need people that know how to turn it on and teach others Playoff Football. Won't happen with Tank, Dak, Zack, rest of the one and done vets.
Longer Fix:
  • Change out Coaching Staff. Only so many times you can say same thing before they ignore you. We'll see how it goes, but I think this team is less like Garrett's first lame duck year, and more like his second and will ignore the Coach once a hard streak hits.
Permanent Fix:
  • Replace Owner/GM structure. Will never happen, but is the only permanent fix. Accountability is always necessary in life. We can make same mistakes, follow same methods, not see the writing on the wall, etc. and it won't matter because the man who makes everything go in Cowboys Land will always be there until Death. Reboots are always necessary.
As for the permanent fix, you’d think that the Jones would realize after 29 years of SB futility that they would realize they are the reason. Maybe some day.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry buys them books and jocks and it is not his fault they don't know how to use them.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With a funeral and a change in ownership.

That may sound cruel but it was Jerry Jones who said he will never give up the GM position. That's the same thing as saying he will be the GM so long as he is alive.

The issue, which is 27 years old, is the GM position. Therefore, under the circumstances, my original statement is the only alternative.
Jerry has 51% ownership. His family owns 49%.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think that the team must also address the biggest issue facing the offense as well. How can they get Dak to believe in himself, stay calm/cool in big stakes games, and go through his progressions and deliver the ball even when about to get hit or while getting hit?

Jordan Love did it repetitively against Dallas, and did it pretty well vs SF today too (Brock Purdy had a terrible game but did just enough).
Hypnotism!!!

:laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
On a sidenote, the Olympics will return first... :muttley:

Mr_437

Reaction score
If privately the players don't have confidence in #4 it doesn't matter what they do if he's the guy. Mamas and Brothers of players are dissing the QB publicly, so maybe they knew something about how players really feel.

Brax

Reaction score
First off, I want to thank @NEODOG for posting a thoughtful question without bashing someone, or everyone. Looking at the threads of late, it’s a rarity.

Now to your question of ”How does this team move forward?” We al know there are a myriad of problems. Weak defensive line, weak offensive line, safeties playing as line backers, can’t stop the run, can’t run the ball, stupid mental penalties throughout the year, bad clock management(Detroit game), inability to handle the elements(Bills game), Dak not running enough, bad defensive and offensive play calling and I could go on a bit more.

How do you fix it?

I don’t care how they address these needs be it draft, free agency or trades.

#1 need is beef up both the DT’s and LB’s. You’ll never win in the playoffs if your defense cannot stop the run. That’s a fact. There are of course some one offs, but consistently you will not win.

#2 need is to improve the talent at center. Biadiaz would be a decent backup for any team. But he gets bulldozed more often than not. The best way to defense any QB is to get pressure up the middle. He allows that.

#3 Get Derrick Henry or a Henry type back. You want to establish the run? Get you a Henry type back.

#4 Get a new, tough defensive coordinator. We’ve seen that the “bend but don’t break” defensive philosophy doesn’t work with both Marinelli and now Quinn.

IMHO, this is how the team moves forward. Do this, and despite Jerry, and his country club atmosphere, they can go all the way.
There is no fix as long as Jerry Mike and Dak are key to the success of the team. Keep dreaming nothing important will change next season you’re only torturing yourself believing it will after 8 seasons of chasing needs only to have the most important player choke and cost the team any chance of winning when it matters.