How good is Dak?

Jstopper

Reaction score
Top 10. A notch (or two maybe) below guys like Mahomes/Burrow
Burrow ain’t better than Dak. Dak can make every throw Joe can, can read defense as good as Joe and has a stronger arm than Joe

Jstopper

Reaction score
I stand frim.
He is average with a good cast around him

He is not better than Aikman, and not even better than Romo.
He is a great guy but an AVERAGE QB period.
You are firmly WRONG. Idk how you been watching football this long and still don’t know how to properly evaluate QBs

jwitten82

Reaction score
Also, romo had just Jason the "Clapper" do that did not help
And the fact that many iof you IDOLIZE DAK AND think -more WANT to- he is ELITE

But he is not.
Oh, look, when presented with facts then you have no argument. Romo also had an elite run game and oline

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I stand frim.
He is average with a good cast around him

He is not better than Aikman, and not even better than Romo.
He is a great guy but an AVERAGE QB period.
I like Aikman don't get me wrong, but the cast around Aikman any of the Cowboy QB's. No way Dak had a better supporting cast. As a matter of fact, Dak had the least supporting cast of the three.

rambo2

Reaction score
Bills, 49ers, Dolphins, Lions,...not good at all.Fact......... Giants twice, Washington twice, Jets, Panthers, Patriots, Eagles sorry D twice, lookin good Dak!
He is very good. The best qb in the NFC.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
He’s shown something this year in terms of stepping up his game. I think he found something under MM. I think this system just fits him better. He goes through his progressions quick and if nothing there uses his legs. That’s been a huge key for him.

I was impressed how he also bounced back after buffalo.

What I wanna see him do now in playoffs is take that next step. Not play with hesitation… play like he’s the best player on the field.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Better arm how? More mobility? Dak has more rushing yards and rushing tds than Romo?
Better at reading a defense?
Do y'all not realize their numbers are pretty similar, except Dak has less interceptions
You just destroyed his false assumptions. In another season, Dak will have completed his overtake/surpassing of all Romo franchise Cowboys QB records. Dak is already doing it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bills, 49ers, Dolphins, Lions,...not good at all.Fact......... Giants twice, Washington twice, Jets, Panthers, Patriots, Eagles sorry D twice, lookin good Dak!
WTH are you talking about?

Dak drove the Cowboys for the lead with 3 minutes left in the game vs the Dolphins. It was our Defense who couldn't stop the Dolphins from easily driving down the field for the game winning FG.

Similar against the Lions, except this time Dak did succeed in leading the Offense for a game leading TD late in the game. It was our Defense once again who easily allowed the Lions to March down the field in the waning 2 minutes to potentially tie the game but luckily stopped the Lions from scoring their game winning 2 point try.

In both games against very good and well above .500 playoff teams, Dak played very well and led the team to late game leads.

Stop spreading lies just to appease your hatred.

plymkr

Reaction score
I had an epiphany about Dak last night when watching the Bills Dolphins game. Dak isn’t a Kirk Cousins. He’s more of a Josh Allen. Josh Allen can be amazing on the football field but he can also be the team’s downfall with his decision making and turnovers.

In every game since the bye I feel we have a chance to win because of Dak’s ability and control of the offense. Likewise every game I have fear that Dak will cause us to lose by freezing up, not reading defenses or TOs.

I wish @Reality would change the weekly poll or add a weekly poll of “Do you trust Dak as our QB”.

I love Dak as our QB when he’s on but when he’s inconsistent and freezes up then we’re doomed unless the defense or STs get us a lead or swing momentum.

So going into the playoffs I think he has the ability and control of the offense to take us, and win, the Super Bowl. And I really want to trust him that he will. Hopefully this is the year he shows he can be trusted in the playoffs.

GoldenR

Reaction score
He wasn’t good against the Dolphins or lions? You sound like a fool
We scored 19 and 20 points respectively against those teams that aren't in the top 20 defensively. And lost both games, yes both. But he can light up the Commanders and.........