How good is Dak?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand the "average" claims. Who else sits in this "average" tier?

Are we saying Dak's comparisons in the league are Baker Mayfield and Geno Smith? Or by average, do we mean Jordan Love and Jared Goff? Or is anyone not in the very top tier considered average, so someone like Brock Purdy and Trevor Lawrence?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I posted the per game stats for every QB that played at least 3 seasons worth of games since 2016 (37 QBs). When you average out his ranking in every major category he ranks 6th (i.e. consistency of stats - the lowest ranking of any single stat was 12th out of 37 QBs). To say that over the course of 113 games his average game stats puts him in that ranking means he is definitely better than an average QB.

Even his post season stats put him in the top 3rd of post season QBs in that time. Very similar results for 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.
Fans today don't even understand mathematics they consider average that would be 32 teams average would be 16 literally so far above average it's insane to even call him average he's top ten for his whole career and he's played top five he and Romo are not different people keep saying that they are different quarterbacks but they're having the similar careers and they're being hated on similarly...

Anyone who calls Prescott average or the same sportts idiots that we're calling CD lamb a #2 they were the ones that said Tyler Smith was a project in the draft they're the ones that question every move and knocked down every player on the team they're the ones that want Tyron gone, these ego maniacal fans who think they know everything and they are GM's and they are talent evaluators the truth is in the fact that if you call them average not you but the people on this page you lost all validity. In the story..... You don't get to have an opinion because if you can't at least call him 10 then you don't understand what average is no way he's the 16th quarterback in this league that would be dead on average....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Better than Romo for starters. Set multiple franchise records and not just this season. He’s a great leader and a top five QB (1st if you count TD passes) this year.

Romo apologists owe us Dak fans a big apology. Just wait.
You know it's OK to prop up both they don't need to be one against the other I think they are different quarterbacks having similar careers so I put them on equal ground and I love Tony Romo one of my favorite players of all time so it hurt when Prescott took over but I got used to it but looking at them both through clear glasses they're having almost an equal career both on what they bring to the Cowboys and how they stack up against other NFL starting quarterbacks but also on the hate measurement the blowback for both of these guys are ridiculous they're both very good quarterbacks they're both top 10 during their eras that play top five in a lot of categories in some years...

GoldenR

Reaction score
We fumbled on the 1 yard line and fumbled out the end zone in both of those games respectively. Get serious
What about the other possessions?! Nick Mullens lit em up for 400 yards but the excuses will always be there for the fan boy Dak! He will cost McCarthy his job shortly.

ArtClink

Reaction score
You know it's OK to prop up both they don't need to be one against the other I think they are different quarterbacks having similar careers so I put them on equal ground and I love Tony Romo one of my favorite players of all time so it hurt when Prescott took over but I got used to it but looking at them both through clear glasses they're having almost an equal career both on what they bring to the Cowboys and how they stack up against other NFL starting quarterbacks but also on the hate measurement the blowback for both of these guys are ridiculous they're both very good quarterbacks they're both top 10 during their eras that play top five in a lot of categories in some years...
I loved Romo the first half of his career but lost respect for him the 2nd part of his career for showing up overweight to training camp, believing that he was a peer of Peyton Manning just because he was overpaid to be in the same salary, and finally Romo's stubborn immature refusal to help Dak his rookie season. That "meritocracy" speech didn't sit right with me as Romo painted himself was the victim, but Romo's body had been done playing football for several seasons.

Dak has never qui on his team like Romo did in the "win and in" Eagles game in Philly 44-6 where he kept throwing pics and laying facedown etc. It remains the most gutless performance by a Cowboys QB. Conversely, all Dak has done is dominate the NFC East, win our first road playoff game since Aikman, and has played like a top five QB this season (see most TDs by a QB this season for ref).

But, you're right that it's ok to like both QBs. If Romo's career had ended at the half way mark, I'd be a fan.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I stand frim.
He is average with a good cast around him

He is not better than Aikman, and not even better than Romo.
He is a great guy but an AVERAGE QB period.
he is not elite. he is above average. he is not Aikman. he is as good or better than Romo.

who are the QBs you would take over him and why.....is there 15 other QBs that would be better than him. I doubt it. he is top 10, pushing top 5.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I stand frim.
He is average with a good cast around him

He is not better than Aikman, and not even better than Romo.
He is a great guy but an AVERAGE QB period.
That's not what average means.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is a good QB. I will change my opinion to a very good QB when he performs well in playoff games when playing from behind, or when the game is on the line.

Dak and Romo at this point are the same QB.