How is Crawford still on the roster?

CCBoy

Reaction score
It was a surprise when the Bucs cut McCoy last year after he made six consecutive Pro Bowls from 2012 to '17, but Tampa was better after replacing McCoy with Ndamukong Suh, and McCoy didn't have his best season in Carolina. The Oklahoma product tied his lowest totals from that Pro Bowl run in both sacks (five) and knockdowns (13).

McCoy was also one of the starting defensive tackles on the league's worst run defense by DVOA. The Panthers allowed more yards per carry without him on the field, but they still gave up 5.0 yards per pop with him present, and their first-down rate was higher with him on the field. I don't think McCoy was capable of single-handedly saving a decaying Panthers front, and the Bucs added other pieces, but Tampa also went from 31st in rushing DVOA to first in the league after replacing McCoy with Suh.

At this point, McCoy is going to be best as a penetrating interior disruptor who can serve as a team's secondary pass-rusher. That's exactly what he'll be in Dallas, where the Cowboys could move on from Tyrone Crawford. This is a reasonable price tag, although McCoy's decline over the past few seasons means the Cowboys might want to get out of this deal after one year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...o-rift-texans-bill-obrien-just-utmost-respect

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm not surprised hes still on the roster, but would have thought a pay cut would have been discussed. He's better than many give him credit for, but no way should he make more than McCoy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a difference between calling something stupid and calling someone stupid. The former is not a personal attack. Calling me homosexual in an attempt to insult me is a personal attack.

I never called you homosexual. Now you're taking things where they don't need to go.

Using anecdotes to describe a body of work that constitutes ~2400 plays is stupid. Claiming he had no role when he had the second highest DL snap total the last season he was healthy was at the very least ignorant.

No starting role. Get the claims straight. Or do you want yourself call him your "starting RDE"? Just say the word.

If you don't like me pointing out takes that are stupid or ignorant then stop making them. It doesn't make you stupid and it doesn't justify being a homophobe.

Again, you're trying to take things somewhere I'm not following. You have fun with that. I know the forum rules.

I post about his pressure stats and then you claim I run from stats. More emotional flailing stash. Your ship is sinking, holmes.

Really? Is that what you think your baselsss, unsupported claim was now? "Stats"? Now I see why you're struggling so much.

And when I say that the Patriots let him go fro chump change in your response to him having a ring and them trading for him. That is arguing what you said stash. You having an issue keeping up?

Nope, I'm keeping up just fine. You can't refute anything I said and that's the best you can come up with? I feel bad for ya.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is not what I said. I said that is what you want it to seem when you blather his cap hit.

Now you've resorted to "what I want it yo seem"? A new low, even for you.

Discussing what his salary is ie what cutting him does is honest. Your way is misleading.

And your attempt to say that saving $8 million isn't "lucrative"? A pathetic attempt. Pathetic.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Now you've resorted to "what I want it yo seem"? A new low, even for you.

And your attempt to say that saving $8 million isn't "lucrative"? A pathetic attempt. Pathetic.

You act like we have not had this discussion. I know you know better.

When discussing the finances in the context of cutting a player it is always done in terms of "it will save X dollars against the cap." That is for all the reasons you have been told many times over the years including in this thread.

And I said "more lucrative." It is a comparative and not a comment on inherent property.

As has been pointed out, no one thinks he shouldn't take a pay cut. We're arguing your "cut him no matter what" position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You act like we have not had this discussion. I know you know better.

When discussing the finances in the context of cutting a player it is always done in terms of "it will save X dollars against the cap." That is for all the reasons you have been told many times over the years including in this thread.

And I said "more lucrative." It is a comparative and not a comment on inherent property.

As has been pointed out, no one thinks he shouldn't take a pay cut. We're arguing your "cut him no matter what" position.

Which I have never stated as a requirement.

Thanks for being consistently wrong.

I said something should have already been done with the contract.

Would I cut him? Yes I would. A rotational lineman isn’t worth more than a minimal salary.

But unlike you my opinions are not absolutes.

quickccc

Reaction score
What's the rush? They don't have to cut him today or tomorrow. They can cut him at any time prior to the 1st game of the season and save the same amount. My best bet is they haven't been able to give him a full medical checkup due to the ongoing coronovirus issue. They want to get a full medical clearance before they make a final decision. They didn't need medical clearances to make changes to Elliot's or Collins' respective contracts. Plus those two guys are signed for years and have money and years to move around.

but in all fairness, you'd like to give the guy a better chance of getting on to another team, at his negotiated agreed price ,,vs waiting until 53 man final cut

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I never called you homosexual. Now you're taking things where they don't need to go.

No starting role. Get the claims straight. Or do you want yourself call him your "starting RDE"? Just say the word.

Again, you're trying to take things somewhere I'm not following. You have fun with that. I know the forum rules.

Really? Is that what you think your baselsss, unsupported claim was now? "Stats"? Now I see why you're struggling so much.

Nope, I'm keeping up just fine. You can't refute anything I said and that's the best you can come up with? I feel bad for ya.

So what did you mean when you said "I should tell that to my boyfriend." Don't be a coward, stash.

You wrote "no role" but even no starting role is false. From 2015-2018 he started 14-16 games in each of those seasons.

You are long on characterizing arguments and lack anything substantive.

Crawford's pressure stats have been pretty good to excellent when healthy.

And again your entire position on Shelton is based on the Pats trading for him. Them letting him go for what is 2% of the cap indicates what they thought of keeping him around. Seeing how they value compensatory picks they would rather get a 7th round pick than keep him.

You cannot even address that directly.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Which I have never stated as a requirement.

Thanks for being consistently wrong.

I said something should have already been done with the contract.

Would I cut him? Yes I would. A rotational lineman isn’t worth more than a minimal salary.

But unlike you my opinions are not absolutes.

Who cares if you said it was a requirement. We both know you spout his cap figure because it looks better. It's not based on how those decisions are actually made nonetheless.

You seem to hope saying I am wrong with nothing behind it repetitively is a good replacement for substantive argument. It's childish, stash.

And your "cut him at no matter what" position is an absolute position. It is what it is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what did you mean when you said "I should tell that to my boyfriend." Don't be a coward, stash.

I won’t. It referred to your excessive desire to make excuses for Crawford.

You wrote "no role" but even no starting role is false. From 2015-2018 he started 14-16 games in each of those seasons.

No starting role. If he’s your starter at RDE, have the guys to say so. And take the accompanying criticisms. You won’t.

You are long on characterizing arguments and lack anything substantive.

Pot meet kettle. You’re trying to justify Tyrone Crawford and his role and cost.

Crawford's pressure stats have been pretty good to excellent when healthy.

Again note lack of actual stats.

And again your entire position on Shelton is based on the Pats trading for him. Them letting him go for what is 2% of the cap indicates what they thought of keeping him around. Seeing how they value compensatory picks they would rather get a 7th round pick than keep him.

You cannot even address that directly.

I’ll start when you address my several points before that. Don’t run and expect others to answer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares if you said it was a requirement.

You do, you're the one falsely claiming it.

We both know you spout his cap figure because it looks better.

It's mentioned because it's accurate. Sorry if I got hurts you as it clearly does.

It's not based on how those decisions are actually made nonetheless.

What does this even mean? Teams don't make decisions based on return on investment and costs? Wow, a new level of desperation.

You seem to hope saying I am wrong with nothing behind it repetitively is a good replacement for substantive argument. It's childish, stash.

It's accurate Fuzzy. Yiu know it and I know it. I can dig up the posts if your really want to look like an ***. Say the word.

And your "cut him at no matter what" position is an absolute position. It is what it is.

It's my opinion of what I would do were I in charge as I have stated plenty of times.

Here's the very post that started this thread:

Amid all of this team's moves, how is it that this guy is still sitting here counting $9.1 million against the cap?

Word is they reworked Zeke and Collins' contracts to free up money. Why has nothing been done on this obvious mistake?

I know it's me, and I know it's beating a dead horse for me, but it's also a valid question!

For all of the good moves they have made, why is nothing being done here?

Why has this team not make the painfully obvious move of doing something about this contract? Other teams have made measures to cut costs and dead weight, and our worst contract sits on the books? Why?

If you choose to ignore that, that's you practicing willful ignorance. And If that upsets you, all the better.

joseephuss

Reaction score
but in all fairness, you'd like to give the guy a better chance of getting on to another team, at his negotiated agreed price ,,vs waiting until 53 man final cut

Of course. I don't think Dallas will wait that long, but there is certainly no rush right now. Also, if they did cut him now it would be a challenge for other teams to check his health at this time. It would probably be a while before he caught on with another team. I think they will wait until after the draft before deciding Crawford's fate. The immediate cap space that they gain by cutting him today is not required.

quickccc

Reaction score
Of course. I don't think Dallas will wait that long, but there is certainly no rush right now. Also, if they did cut him now it would be a challenge for other teams to check his health at this time. It would probably be a while before he caught on with another team. I think they will wait until after the draft before deciding Crawford's fate. The immediate cap space that they gain by cutting him today is not required.

i believe they could make him a designated post June Cut so the cap hit will be quite less considerably than it would be now Pre-June.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This team is run by a stupid ego maniac playing at being a football guy. So expect stupid stuff like this. Performance isn’t a requirement in this franchise. This is why I shake my head when I see people talk about the Cowboys being a contender. Contenders don’t operate like this

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I won’t. It referred to your excessive desire to make excuses for Crawford.

No starting role. If he’s your starter at RDE, have the guys to say so. And take the accompanying criticisms. You won’t.

Pot meet kettle. You’re trying to justify Tyrone Crawford and his role and cost.

Again note lack of actual stats.

I’ll start when you address my several points before that. Don’t run and expect others to answer.

You don't know what characterize means apparently. I'll help.

I am arguing your points directly.

I directly refuted your assertion about the Patriots opinion on Shelton by pointing out they let him go for chump change.
I directly refuted you assertion that he was a backup by pointing out that he had started 14 or more games for the last 4 seasons he was healthy and what the current depth chart is.

Your "refutations" boil down to your claiming victory, your claiming that no one agrees with me, trying to evoke a Garrett argument which you also claim victory, or ignoring my refutations and then claiming I never made one.

You are incapable of arguing honestly.