How is Tyler Biadasz leading the Pro Bowl vote at C?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There you go focusing on one play again.

Okay let's go to another one.. How about the 4th and 1 play early on against Denver where he got blown back into the hole and allowed the DT to basically help Zeke take the handoff? Or maybe the blatant whiff he had on Pollard's run for -5 on Thanksgiving where he didn't even lay a mitt on the guy and the guy dropped Pollard for a 5 yard loss on 3rd and short? I could run through more if you like but like I said.. the guy doesn't suck.. He's serviceable and (hopefully) improving at this point. But he's not gonna get any bigger or any stronger until the offseason so I'm not expecting any huge jump in his play this year. So when we get to the playoffs and play teams that have big strong DTs he's going to get owned and so will our inside running game.. Pretty much every team in the NFC playoff hunt has that guy.. so Moore and Philbin need to be figuring out how to compensate for the fact that we still have two guys in the middle of our line who are as likely to get pushed back as they are to win and go forward.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Okay let's go to another one.. How about the 4th and 1 play early on against Denver where he got blown back into the hole and allowed the DT to basically help Zeke take the handoff? Or maybe the blatant whiff he had on Pollard's run for -5 on Thanksgiving where he didn't even lay a mitt on the guy and the guy dropped Pollard for a 5 yard loss on 3rd and short? I could run through more if you like but like I said.. the guy doesn't suck.. He's serviceable and (hopefully) improving at this point. But he's not gonna get any bigger or any stronger until the offseason so I'm not expecting any huge jump in his play this year. So when we get to the playoffs and play teams that have big strong DTs he's going to get owned and so will our inside running game.. Pretty much every team in the NFC playoff hunt has that guy.. so Moore and Philbin need to be figuring out how to compensate for the fact that we still have two guys in the middle of our line who are as likely to get pushed back as they are to win and go forward.
I refer you to my OP and ask you how are you not preaching to the choir?

Techsass

Reaction score
He's been serviceable for the Cowboys but I don't see him as all that great of a center. Do I just underappreciate him? How do you feel about him leading the Pro Bowl vote at his position?
Where are you seeing that? I'm not doubting ya, but I've seen him each week & Probowl aint what my mouth was saying. He's gotten better, but I still think he has a ways to go.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Because NFL lines in general suck would be my guess.

Dallas has one of the best lines in the league. Problem is Cowboys fans think other teams have it better than we do and don’t understand how horrible Oline play is in this league.

Sorry but I have to disagree, man. One of the benefits of the Cowboys being off on a Sunday is you get a chance to watch other teams with a little more attentiveness. I have watched intently these last two Sundays and my conclusion is that while it's true a lot of lines to suck.. Our beloved line falls right into that category. Like Is aid, it's middle of the pack at best and is largely living on reputation more than performance over the past 5-6 games. And it has really been that way for the last 2-3 years. Whether it be injuries or bad coaching or whatever.. This bunch has not performed at an elite level with any consistency.. basically since late 2018.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I think the better question is since so many here don't think he deserves it, who else are they willing to apply that standard?

Is Biadasz the only Cowboy to be overrated because he's a Cowboy? Something to think about...

Shadowfax

Reaction score
giphy.gif

conner01

Reaction score
Two reasons
He’s better than cowboy fans think he is
And it’s a fan vote so since the cowboys have the most fans he’s in
He’s not worthy of the pro bowl by any stretch but he’s better than he gets credit for here and he’s basically played a season of football so he should get better

lk8701

Reaction score
He's been serviceable for the Cowboys but I don't see him as all that great of a center. Do I just underappreciate him? How do you feel about him leading the Pro Bowl vote at his position?

He is a JAG.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Would anyone trade him for a 2nd round pick?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yawn..........................CowboyRoy gets the last laugh again!!

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't think people "hate" him.. I choose to think they just recognize that he has not been all that great this year. In addition to getting knocked off the ball quite a bit he has also rolled a half dozen snaps back to Dak .. He doesn't stink.. but he aint Fredbeard.. Hell to me he looks to be a downgrade from Joe Looney at this point.
I put him overall on par with Looney, Looney need martin to make line calls all Looney could do was snap the ball. Looney was also at his ceiling. Personally feel the re-shuffling of the line has actually made the line worse.