Image: How Long Before Gregory Gets a Taunting Penalty?

glimmerman

Reaction score
W40b6fJ.jpg
It’s funny but he will get called in the playoffs. The refs will call it when it hurts us the most. I just watched the play a minute ago. Should have been called and coaches need to warn him..

glimmerman

Reaction score
No Cowboy is having more fun on the field than Gregory. He has clowned several times like waving goodbye and looking sad to the offense as they left the field after a 4th down stop.

He is a big kid on the field and I really enjoy it.
I like it to. But you know the refs are going to flag that at some point. Can’t tease them. It’s not fair.. Everyone gets a trophy.. Lol.

ESisback

Reaction score
And the timing has to be just right.....like some drive ending sack. Now first and 10.

That’s what I keep trying to tell these scoffing “realists”—it’s the TIMING of the flags! We don’t get the MOST penalties (they keep records of that), but our penalties always come on a big play in our favor. Hell, one guy spends his time arguing AGAINST the Cowboys, instead of FOR, which of course, you can’t (conveniently) prove. Crazy!

kevm3

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy needs to have a talk with the guys and tell them to cut it out because the last place we need these kind of penalties is deep in the playoffs against Rodgers or Brady. Do all the celebrating you want AFTER you win the superbowl.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s funny but he will get called in the playoffs. The refs will call it when it hurts us the most. I just watched the play a minute ago. Should have been called and coaches need to warn him..
And can it be proven he’s taunting? No, it’s subjective, which means they’ll use it, because cheating can’t be proven.

Motorola

Reaction score
Im sure if it were a thing, they would have warned him already.
Depends on the crew calling the game in general, and an official in particular.
Waiting for an opposing OLineman to rush up and stand over Gregory as he's lying there kibbitzing with his sacked QB. The flag could come out then.

glimmerman

Reaction score
And can it be proven he’s taunting? No, it’s subjective, which means they’ll use it, because cheating can’t be proven.
Lol. The only thing missing was him acting like he was eating popcorn. Maybe offering him some..

ESisback

Reaction score
Lol. The only thing missing was him acting like he was eating popcorn. Maybe offering him some..
I saw the play, and while it looked kinda odd, it didn’t feel that offensive. Just seemed like a couple of quirky, high energy football dudes taking a beat.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I remember when written got a penalty for leap frogging over his own player. The nfl is stupid. Nothing would surprise me either way. But you have to let them play. If there is nothing malicious in it leave it alone.

Scotman

Reaction score
I remember when written got a penalty for leap frogging over his own player. The nfl is stupid. Nothing would surprise me either way. But you have to let them play. If there is nothing malicious in it leave it alone.
I completely agree....not that they care what I think.

DanA

Reaction score
Rodgers has the nous to draw enough attention to that a flag is thrown if that sort of thing happens. Part of the reason a flag wasn’t thrown is that Henike didn’t react IMO.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ehhh.....I'm like 70/30 he's taunting..maybe nothing egregious but I saw a guy get a flag for walking towards the opposing sideline. The NFL has shown they will flag for anything.
You are very correct with refs flagging for anything.

I should have said in my opinion i don't think it's taunting but you're right

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gregory is living rent free in this qb's head!
I don't think they are as fragile as some people around here. Also think it's a little 2009 to use that phrase. Surprised you didn't roll out with a your momma thing.

But then...you ARE a Blast From the Past...so....I'm out of line here. :)

I bet the guy is thrilled to be playing NFL football and he's having ALMOST as much fun as Gregory. Even in an ax whupping....would you rather be asking if ya want fries with that?

If it were me...I might be a little ticked at first. Then I'd be like.....that's actually funny now let's cash my check.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rodgers has the nous to draw enough attention to that a flag is thrown if that sort of thing happens. Part of the reason a flag wasn’t thrown is that Henike didn’t react IMO.
Rodgers is a lil man bun beech and Henike is a man?

Okay big deal he got one super bowl. And some commercials. And MVPs. And some other stuff. Big deal.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He's gonna get one eventually. I don't care. That's hilarious. Its one of those guys where I'm sure they are confused on what to do lol....Randy Gregory demolishes them and kicks it with them on the ground and asks them how's their day going....just never seen a player do that lol.

It just can’t happen in the playoffs.

DanA

Reaction score
Rodgers is a lil man bun beech and Henike is a man?

Okay big deal he got one super bowl. And some commercials. And MVPs. And some other stuff. Big deal.

I agree with all that, but he’s also smart regardless of rings etc. We’ve seen him draw offside penalties, whinge and whine his way into penalties, and get the refs to call things his way enough times to know he’s good at it.