Image: How Long Before Gregory Gets a Taunting Penalty?

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
This wouldn’t bother me as a QB, regardless of how the league views it lol

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree with all that, but he’s also smart regardless of rings etc. We’ve seen him draw offside penalties, whinge and whine his way into penalties, and get the refs to call things his way enough times to know he’s good at it.
Rodgers has survived a fight with the Green Bay FO, a Jeopardy flirtation, Covid Protocol defiance, and multiple dumb commercials. He’s blessed, a “made man”, and he knows it. With a smirk. He’s like Lebron or Jordan or Brady—if anyone gets the call, they do.

DanA

Reaction score
Rodgers has survived a fight with the Green Bay FO, a Jeopardy flirtation, Covid Protocol defiance, and multiple dumb commercials. He’s blessed, a “made man”, and he knows it. With a smirk. He’s like Lebron or Jordan or Brady—if anyone gets the call, they do.

100% agree.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
W40b6fJ.jpg
They were just asking about the best eating establishments in both cities.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
He's gonna get one eventually. I don't care. That's hilarious. Its one of those guys where I'm sure they are confused on what to do lol....Randy Gregory demolishes them and kicks it with them on the ground and asks them how's their day going....just never seen a player do that lol.
You might care if it come at a crucial time of the game - like a game sealing sack to win a play-off game.

And you know with our luck thats just what will happen. ; )

Pacowboy1968

Reaction score
Not sure it is taunting is it? It looks like he is just talking. But I suppose the NFL could call that if they wanted to. He only does it with Heinicke though.
Exactly, if he does it to Rodgers or Brady you know a flag is being thrown

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You might care if it come at a crucial time of the game - like a game sealing sack to win a play-off game.

And you know with our luck thats just what will happen. ; )
I’ll be honest I’ve seen this team lose and it wasn’t just because of one penalty….they should be good enough to overcome something like that happening.

Dreski

Reaction score
Heinicke gotta stop moping around on the ground if he wants Gregory to stop doing that

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would think that the league has established a precedent by not flagging him for this in a high-profile game, where a national audience saw him do it with a ref right there watching without calling anything. If the league doesn't fine him and say it was a missed taunting call, then those who are worrying about it being called in another game are likely worrying for nothing.

Now, the difference that could get it flagged is if he says something that a ref believes is taunting or if the QB he does it to reacts differently than Heinicke did. If the QB reacts like it's taunting, I could see the refs reacting by calling it taunting.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with all that, but he’s also smart regardless of rings etc. We’ve seen him draw offside penalties, whinge and whine his way into penalties, and get the refs to call things his way enough times to know he’s good at it.
I hear you. I was kinda just having some fun there. Doesn't hurt to try getting the calls.

FrankM

Reaction score
I guarantee this is a penalty in the playoffs. It's probably going to be called on a 3rd or 4th down after a sack during a critical time.

I imagine during the off season it will be officially added to the rule book under the section for taunting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike McCarthy needs to have a talk with the guys and tell them to cut it out because the last place we need these kind of penalties is deep in the playoffs against Rodgers or Brady. Do all the celebrating you want AFTER you win the superbowl.
There is such a thing as the personality of the team and any HC needs to be careful not to stifle that when they are on a roll.

it was like the swagger of those Johnson teams, which was on the edge sometimes. They almost got into a street fight against the Niners in one NFCCG as they’re coming onto the field.

I think Quinn has a pretty good grasp on the pulse of his unit and Gregory’s clowning with the QB’s is part of that.