How long before Nolan is fired and George Edwards takes over as DC?

blueblood70

Reaction score

CWR

Reaction score
I dont know we can judge Nolan yet. No preseason, an abbreviated off season, and injuries across the defense should buy him time. Jerry won't make a move until very late in the season if at all.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I dont know we can judge Nolan yet. No preseason, an abbreviated off season, and injuries across the defense should buy him time. Jerry won't make a move until very late in the season if at all.

the reason To move on from Marinelli....a better defense.

Not happening.

Reactions: CWR

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I was against the Nolan hiring from day 1! I’m sure he’s a great person, but I’ve never been a fan of his defenses. And it sickens me to see him continually try to put a square peg in a round hole by having Griffen and Tank Lawrence stand up in his so-called ‘hybrid’ 3-4 scheme when they are OBVIOUSLY built to have their hand in the ground in a 4-3 scheme. Aldon Smith is obviously comfortable with it because he did it in college and at San Fran, not these guys.

And this is just a sampling of his ineptitude to build a championship defense...

:hammer:Couldn't have said it better myself. Today I think we are going to get some real answers about this defense. Once...can be excused....twice....coincidence.....three times???? Naw....Something needs to change.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
3 weeks down now. 32.3 points per game. Anybody else want to keep mentioning “No Preseason” as an excuse for why this defense is so bad?

Dre11

Reaction score
its been 2 friggin games without a real offseason/preseason...give it a rest please

players don't need off-season or preseason to know not to let wrs get behind you, all these guys has ran some form of all these coverages at some point in their careers.

Jipper

Reaction score
players don't need off-season or preseason to know not to let wrs get behind you, all these guys has ran some form of all these coverages at some point in their careers.

yeah, but we werent talking about them, we were talking about the DC who should have put them in better position or given them better coaching....or made adjustments so that a TE isnt open in the middle of the field on a 4th and 3 with a critical stop needed....

Haimerej

Reaction score

You seeing anything scheme wise that's causing these breakdowns? I haven't got a look at an all 22 or anything. I'm wondering if their attempts to, "disguise," is getting guys too far out of position, i.e. not being able to get where they're supposed to be after the snap. There's got to be a reason they keep letting these guys get 10 yards behind them. Could be dumb players, but that's some pretty basic football rules they're breaking.

Dre11

Reaction score
yeah, but we werent talking about them, we were talking about the DC who should have put them in better position or given them better coaching....or made adjustments so that a TE isnt open in the middle of the field on a 4th and 3 with a critical stop needed....

what freaking position are you putting them in when they take themselves out of position, when they make mistake by blowing assignments, that's not about putting them in position. the freaking coach don't have a joystick to place the players in the right spots

Dre11

Reaction score
You seeing anything scheme wise that's causing these breakdowns? I haven't got a look at an all 22 or anything. I'm wondering if their attempts to, "disguise," is getting guys too far out of position, i.e. not being able to get where they're supposed to be after the snap. There's got to be a reason they keep letting these guys get 10 yards behind them. Could be dumb players, but that's some pretty basic football rules they're breaking.

they're reading the eye candy the opponent is giving them and not reading their keys.

Jipper

Reaction score
what freaking position are you putting them in when they take themselves out of position, when they make mistake by blowing assignments, that's not about putting them in position. the freaking coach don't have a joystick to place the players in the right spots

look i get it, the players played like crap....but the coaches really should have spent the time the week prior working on tendencies and scheme....but doesn't look like they did a ton....additionally, they should have adjusted during the game when they realized they were getting beat which i think they tried to but didn't do the best job of

when you have lessor talent you have to have better coaching to offset....we unfortunately had both although it was not as bad as it could have been...the defense did get a few stops here and there....just not when it counted most

Dre11

Reaction score
look i get it, the players played like crap....but the coaches really should have spent the time the week prior working on tendencies and scheme....but doesn't look like they did a ton....additionally, they should have adjusted during the game when they realized they were getting beat which i think they tried to but didn't do the best job of

when you have lessor talent you have to have better coaching to offset....we unfortunately had both although it was not as bad as it could have been...the defense did get a few stops here and there....just not when it counted most

what do you think they do all week? they can practice tendacies all day long, but you don't know the other teams game plan going into that week, and as I said your players have to be able to handle the adjustments on the fly. if your players are nt good, more than likely they're going to make mistakes in the adjustments too.