How long do running quarterbacks last in the NFL?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so will the fans be calling for Dak to run more from the results of the last game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did. Dude was a flat out stud. What's funny is out of all the running QB's today, Alex Smith might be the best of them IMO.

Yeah, pretty much anyone who watched him play.

Hey, can ya believe Steve Young ran the ball too?

Is that dude a teenager or something?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak has the lower body of Barclay but bigger. Randal Cunningham played in an era where their was no sliding etc. he did fine.......Dak is a truck!

Roger Staubach did a lot of running as did quarterbacks of that era. Fran Tarkenton comes to mind as well. They were around the NFL for old age statuses.

GenoT

Reaction score
Roger Staubach did a lot of running as did quarterbacks of that era. Fran Tarkenton comes to mind as well. They were around the NFL for old age statuses.
To be accurate, both Fran T and Roger we’re more scramblers than runners. They ran principally to extend passing opportunities, rather than running to gain yardage.

The line between scrambling QBs and running QBs needs to be more clearly defined.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Steve Mcnair and Donovan Mcnabb were good qbs with great scrambling ability. Talent wise I'm starting to think Dak has a similar skill yet. Neither were exceptional passers in terms of accuracy, but were able to make some magical throws moving around in the pocket or scrambling. Dak has far exceeded Mcnair's passing production early in his career and has mostly outperformed Mcnabb as well.

I haven't been overly excited with Daks development at times this year leading me to question his long term outlook. However, I think he has potential to statistically have a similar career to Mcnabb with a chance to be better. Would you take that?