How long u been a cowboys fan?

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
i been a cowboys fan since i was about 11-12 years old. i grew up seein emmit,deion,troy,irvin,sanders etc.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Since 1992 when I was 9. Grew up watching the triplets as well.

BadKarma

Reaction score
35 years...grew up watching Bob Lilly, Bob Bruenig, Billy Joe Dupree, Preston Pearson, Drew Pearson, Duane Thomas, Thomas Henderson, Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Randy White, Ed Jones, and Harvey Martin.

What a great era to be a Cowboys fan.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
The Cowboys have always been my team pretty much. I claimed the Cowboys as my team in 1960...the year they started...and I was only 7 years old.

I became an avid and devoted fan in 1969...Roger Staubach’s rookie year. That is when I really started watching them and Pro Football in general. By then I had played enough Jr. High and High School football to know what was actually going on.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
My whole life, but the first really remember is the early 90's when we made the playoffs and got our butts kicked by the Lions.

brewers47

Reaction score
I was 4 and my earliest memory was the 1994 NFC Championship game i have been hooked on football and the Cowboys ever since

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Well, I don't know exactly when I became a Cowboy fan out of choice, but my dad always says I became a Cowboy fan the same night that the best part of me ran out onto the sheets....

heavyg

Reaction score
My first real memory of the Cowboys was "The Catch". But I know the seed had been planted well before that because I have seen pictures of me wearing Cowboys t-shirts. Have no idea who bought them for me. Neither of my parents were Cowboy fans....Heck they didn't even like football. I grew up in a baseball house. And I HATE baseball....Imagine that?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
since '92, yep, bandwagon jumper here, and PROUD OF IT! :)

Wow, at least your honest. First time I've ever seen someone admit that their a bandwagon fan.....your the reason we Cowboy fans have the "Bandwagon" brand, lol.

What team did you jump ship from?

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
1977 season - Dallas vs. Denver in SB 12 with Roger throwing a TD pass to Butch Johnson diving into the end zone... Tony D a rookie bottle rocket RB... Harvey Martin and Randy White sacking the lights out of Craig Morton, while splitting SB MVP honors as well... Robert Newhouse throwing a TD... Doomsday dominating D! What a game!!! Dallas Cowboys forever!

fab31

Reaction score
since randy white and 2 tall was killin everyone and butch johnson was moon walkin in the endzone. Its only gotten better

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I've been a fan for about 25 years..I came in right after the Staubach era.. I don't remember the 1980 playoff game vs. the Falcons but I do remember the following season and crying after "the catch".... I grew up on Dorsett, Thrill Hill, D. Pearson, Everson Walls, Danny White , R. Septien, Timmy Newsome, Robert Newhouse, Doug Cosbie, Harvey Martin, The Manster, Too Tall, Dennis Thurman, Billy Bates, Eugene "The Hitting Machine" Lockhart, Michael Downs, Danny White, Hogaboom, and on and on...

What really stands out to me is how the O-line would "re-shuffle" before the snap...

Calicowboy

Reaction score
aardvark said:
1977 season - Dallas vs. Denver in SB 12 with Roger throwing a TD pass to Butch Johnson diving into the end zone... Tony D a rookie bottle rocket RB... Harvey Martin and Randy White sacking the lights out of Craig Morton, while splitting SB MVP honors as well... Robert Newhouse throwing a TD... Doomsday dominating D! What a game!!! Dallas Cowboys forever!

SB XII was my first...hehe! Been hooked since, and still going strong!

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
1983 when I was 13 years old. The Cowboys drafted Jim Jeffcoat who lived down the street from me. I probably would have been a fan of whatever team drafted him. It just happened to be the Cowboys.