How lucky can we get?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How lucky are the Patriots that Belicheat is a POS, that he was going to take over for Parcells at the NY Jets. Then back stabbed him and went to NE.
How do the Jets fans feel now, it is like their own Bambino Curse from the Red Sox / Yankees.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Jerry could have bumped his head and kept Parcells and we win two Super Bowls. One never knows.

Verdict

Reaction score
We hire linehan who gave us Moore. Kellen wouldnt be here without his former boss. He also wouldnt be coaching yet if he hadn't gotten hurt.

If we hadn't missed out on the other 3 QB's Dallas targeted we would'nt have taken Dak with that 4th round comp pick.

Just thinking all of the things that had to happen to bring moore, kitna, dak together on this team. So many things that happened by chance but now we see how well they fit together. It makes one believe #3 might just be the SB, if we can get that lucky.

We were WAY past due for some good luck.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question now is if the one smiling on JJ is doing it from up above or down below.

Depends on Jimmy according to a friend of mine.
He swears we have a Jimmy. Curse.

So it depends if the Jimmy Curse time is up, or if Jimmy relinquished the spell.

:muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
ONE said that? What about the many? The overwhelming majority? They aren’t talking about Garrett having done a great job bringing in Moore and Kitna, they are simply talking about Moore and Kitna doing a great job.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course he's involved, but he ain't micromanaging either side of the ball. He is being more of an overseer. Now I want to see if he's gonna take a step forward when it comes to his in game management. I ain't that confident he will, but would like to be wrong.

Yah, he sticks his head in the meeting and says "everything good"? And then moves on.

As far as game managing what do you mean? Clock management and throwing the red flag? Because that is pretty much all he does anymore during the game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not really. Fanbases like those in Buffalo, Cleveland, NY Jets: they've suffered rough years. We complain around here because we think Super Bowls are our birthright. '23 years and counting' is the mantra. Meantime there's a bunch of teams that have never won it. And while everyone looks at our string of years without a Super Bowl or a conference championship, they ignore that we've had exactly 2 losing seasons since 2005. You think that's rough? Talk to fans of some of those other teams.

We are indeed blessed as a fanbase.

I’m glad thinking that way makes you feel better about the franchises failures for the past 20+ years.

It doesn’t make me feel any better to know that a few other teams have been worse. But to each their own. You’re right that it could be worse. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t want better.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not in Dallas it doesn't. Jerry hires and fires the coaches here, not Garrett. Amazing after several decades you still cant figure out this simple point in regards to who is in charge here.

In fact, if the team losses, you just simply say Garrett didn't have enough talent. LOL

Please stop thinking things and then sharing them with the forum, ok? Thanks.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We hire linehan who gave us Moore. Kellen wouldnt be here without his former boss. He also wouldnt be coaching yet if he hadn't gotten hurt.

If we hadn't missed out on the other 3 QB's Dallas targeted we would'nt have taken Dak with that 4th round comp pick.

Just thinking all of the things that had to happen to bring moore, kitna, dak together on this team. So many things that happened by chance but now we see how well they fit together. It makes one believe #3 might just be the SB, if we can get that lucky.
Aye, fer' the celestial alignment of sweet Lorraine' s heavenly& heavily reinforced double stitched stress pointed Boulder holders ,clearly foretold& were visible in the night sky of the 2016 opening round draft ,,, which were previously prophesied in the olden scrolls of long forgotten non-football sundays of, Time before Time itself came into it's irreverent revelance,,, foretelling of such a goodly& Bountiful blessed Fortune freely falling upon us,,, the favoured fortunate few from the foremost fielded footballish formation of epically fated fandoms forces,,, oh-ya!,,,it's true:thumbup:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I’m glad thinking that way makes you feel better about the franchises failures for the past 20+ years.

It doesn’t make me feel any better to know that a few other teams have been worse. But to each their own. You’re right that it could be worse. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t want better.

Who said you shouldn't want better? I'm just suggesting you need some perspective on how 'rough' you've had it. Objectively speaking, Cowboys fans haven't had it rough at all. It's just that many of us are spoiled.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
:lmao: I'M figuring as to the fact,,,, if that's what's worked fer'you fer' so long( and it is rather obvious ,having kept you from being banhammered unto the infinitely& ever expansive ranks of the sidelined Perpetual voicelessness of silenced ,,,er,,, formerly espoused fellows of footballish fandom,,, Therefore, I suddenly deem great& powerful wisdom from within these words ,of which you speak,,,o_O
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys put themselves in position to eventually have some "luck" on their side and were in position and had the knowledge to capitalize on the "luck".

There are two types of "luck". One is the just buy 1 lottery ticket and end up winning type of luck but the other is the work hard to put yourself into position to capitalize on a "lucky" opportunity.

I've been in position to speak to some young people on occasion when they're finishing high school or finishing college and my message with regards to career is to put yourself into position to seize on opportunity when it comes along. I try to explain that if you constantly go for the win the lottery type of approach to life/career that the odds are stacked against that happening but the if you put yourself into position for "luck" to find you by obtaining as much knowledge and experience as possible, then the odds of opportunity finding you are very good (although not guaranteed).

The Cowboys had studied Dak more than any draft prospect. They met with him multiple times leading up to the draft after working with him at the Senior Bowl. They had a process where he was on their draft board at the correct spot and that process kept them from trading up for Paxton Lynch.

The old Jerry method of going for the the lottery win was bypassed as shown by the fact that Jerry wanted to trade up for Lynch but the new mode of operation prevented that from happening.

It's not a perfect process and nothing is guaranteed but the probability of success is better than the old Jerry Wildcat method of borrowing money to drill an oil well that had a better than 50% chance of being worthless but had that small chance of being worth tens of millions.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Football is like life. And vice versa. Different doors different opportunities

Beaker42

Reaction score

I can’t give Linehan credit for anything. The Simpsons character sucked and we all saw it yet they kept trotting him out as OC. Total insanity.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Go put your dunce cap on and go sit in the corner.

Let’s start with the basics. Who fired Linehan? Duh.....tough one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Another dumb comment of yours blows up in your face:

Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’