How lucky can we get?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We hire linehan who gave us Moore. Kellen wouldnt be here without his former boss. He also wouldnt be coaching yet if he hadn't gotten hurt.

If we hadn't missed out on the other 3 QB's Dallas targeted we would'nt have taken Dak with that 4th round comp pick.

Just thinking all of the things that had to happen to bring moore, kitna, dak together on this team. So many things that happened by chance but now we see how well they fit together. It makes one believe #3 might just be the SB, if we can get that lucky.
It's like it was meant to be. The football gods had a hand in making all those pieces fall together as they did.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How lucky are the Patriots that Belicheat is a POS, that he was going to take over for Parcells at the NY Jets. Then back stabbed him and went to NE.
How do the Jets fans feel now, it is like their own Bambino Curse from the Red Sox / Yankees.
The Pats had to cheat their butts off in several ways to get the 6 SB trophies they have. That doesn't make cheating okay, it makes their greatness that every one likes praise, inauthentic. I have zero respect for that organization. From their owner down to every ball boy in their building, they are rotten to the core.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Pats had to cheat their butts off in several ways to get the 6 SB trophies they have. That doesn't make cheating okay, it makes their greatness that every one likes praise, inauthentic. I have zero respect for that organization. From their owner down to every ball boy in their building, they are rotten to the core.

Jealous?

stiletto

Reaction score
Garrett has been regulated to being a walk-a-round Charlie. A glorified cheerleader. I am actually OK with him in that role but he is no Jimmy Johnson in that way either.

His lack of football innovativeness has been proven time and time again and his game management has been very average (at best). He was just a poor coaching hire by Jerry and only still there as a figure head because Jerry "loves him" and wants to be right. That's the way I look at it. Garrett has the charisma of a toad. I literally fall asleep as soon as he starts talking. "How we doin' guys?....".....blech...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The question now is if the one smiling on JJ is doing it from up above or down below.
:eek::facepalm:,,,:rolleyes:Pretty sure yer' fixin' to be bite'n down "hard on" yer' very own tounge within nigh but a fortnight's span,,,as there are certain lids of summoned thru voice, bad ju-ju jars,,,that should not be opened in such a carelessly brash&flippant manner,,,ya know?,,,& I really do like you,bro,,as yer' running just about equally neck-n- neck with @Proof from amongst the amassed ranks of "Rowdy's" as to being my favorite forum's postin' Rowdy,,,:starspin:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
And garrett will get all the credit lol.
One already said he made kellen his OC !
But yeah a lot of luck.

I don't see how Garrett can "win" this year. If the team underachieves, he's gone. If the team does well, Jones will be forced to promote from within, perhaps prematurely, to keep either of the coordinators.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Garrett doesn't hire the staff. Stop saying stupid things.

Being involved in the offense and someone else running the offense much better than you ever did, is something else completely.
It’s funny that Garrett gets blamed for bringing Linehan in but no credit for Moore. Fans.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Aye, fer' the celestial alignment of sweet Lorraine' s heavenly& heavily reinforced double stitched stress pointed Boulder holders ,clearly foretold& were visible in the night sky of the 2016 opening round draft ,,, which were previously prophesied in the olden scrolls of long forgotten non-football sundays of, Time before Time itself came into it's irreverent revelance,,, foretelling of such a goodly& Bountiful blessed Fortune freely falling upon us,,, the favoured fortunate few from the foremost fielded footballish formation of epically fated fandoms forces,,, oh-ya!,,,it's true:thumbup:
Quick question, in Melonfeud land is Psilocybin a required daily intake?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Cowboys put themselves in position to eventually have some "luck" on their side and were in position and had the knowledge to capitalize on the "luck".

There are two types of "luck". One is the just buy 1 lottery ticket and end up winning type of luck but the other is the work hard to put yourself into position to capitalize on a "lucky" opportunity.

I've been in position to speak to some young people on occasion when they're finishing high school or finishing college and my message with regards to career is to put yourself into position to seize on opportunity when it comes along. I try to explain that if you constantly go for the win the lottery type of approach to life/career that the odds are stacked against that happening but the if you put yourself into position for "luck" to find you by obtaining as much knowledge and experience as possible, then the odds of opportunity finding you are very good (although not guaranteed).

The Cowboys had studied Dak more than any draft prospect. They met with him multiple times leading up to the draft after working with him at the Senior Bowl. They had a process where he was on their draft board at the correct spot and that process kept them from trading up for Paxton Lynch.

The old Jerry method of going for the the lottery win was bypassed as shown by the fact that Jerry wanted to trade up for Lynch but the new mode of operation prevented that from happening.

It's not a perfect process and nothing is guaranteed but the probability of success is better than the old Jerry Wildcat method of borrowing money to drill an oil well that had a better than 50% chance of being worthless but had that small chance of being worth tens of millions.
Well said X, well said. And props for the advice to the youngsters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s funny that Garrett gets blamed for bringing Linehan in but no credit for Moore. Fans.

In the case of Linehan. Jerry told Garrett that he was no longer calling plays and was no longer to be the OC. So go find an OC that you are comfortable with. Garrett hand picked Linehan. Linehan actually did a good job in the beginning. Improved the Cowboys offense, added things to it that Garrett didn't do and added the power run game to the offense. Which is exactly what was needed.

In the case of Moore, Garrett announced publicly when asked about Linehan that "no major coaching changes would be made this year". Jones followed that up with publicly smacking down Garrett and saying publicly, "we haven't even met on that yet, I reserve the right to make that decision". Garrett is just a puppet. Does what he is told.

Now after the firing of Linehan did Garrett push for Moore being the OC? I would think he would have. He probably thought Moore was someone he could control.

Until Jerry was quoted as saying...………….."Moore, if your ideas aren't being implemented, let me know and I will make sure they are". All but letting Garrett know that Moore should be left alone to do his thing and run the offense. And that "Garrett will be a good safety net for Moore".

But who gets credit for Moore is really a side argument. What matters is that Moore is fixing the offense in ways that Linehan and Garrett could not. Moore is a much better coordinator than Garrett or Linehan. This offense is taking off because of Moore.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett has been regulated to being a walk-a-round Charlie. A glorified cheerleader. I am actually OK with him in that role but he is no Jimmy Johnson in that way either.

His lack of football innovativeness has been proven time and time again and his game management has been very average (at best). He was just a poor coaching hire by Jerry and only still there as a figure head because Jerry "loves him" and wants to be right. That's the way I look at it. Garrett has the charisma of a toad. I literally fall asleep as soon as he starts talking. "How we doin' guys?....".....blech...

I am not sure we have a choice with Garrett. However, with Garrett relegated to cheerleader, and Moore controlling the offense, with this kind of talent, we are finally a contender.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In the case of Linehan. Jerry told Garrett that he was no longer calling plays and was no longer to be the OC. So go find an OC that you are comfortable with. Garrett hand picked Linehan. Linehan actually did a good job in the beginning. Improved the Cowboys offense, added things to it that Garrett didn't do and added the power run game to the offense. Which is exactly what was needed.

In the case of Moore, Garrett announced publicly when asked about Linehan that "no major coaching changes would be made this year". Jones followed that up with publicly smacking down Garrett and saying publicly, "we haven't even met on that yet, I reserve the right to make that decision". Garrett is just a puppet. Does what he is told.

Now after the firing of Linehan did Garrett push for Moore being the OC? I would think he would have. He probably thought Moore was someone he could control.

Until Jerry was quoted as saying...………….."Moore, if your ideas aren't being implemented, let me know and I will make sure they are". All but letting Garrett know that Moore should be left alone to do his thing and run the offense. And that "Garrett will be a good safety net for Moore".

But who gets credit for Moore is really a side argument. What matters is that Moore is fixing the offense in ways that Linehan and Garrett could not. Moore is a much better coordinator than Garrett or Linehan. This offense is taking off because of Moore.
You see it the way you want. Garret always try’s to say the right things. Fans use that for their agenda. We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors when those types of decisions are made.

Reaction score

The only positive I have for Garrett is that the players play hard for him.

But the less he is involved in gameplanning, the better off the team is.

Just throw the challenge flag, call the occasional timeout and clap a lot. Thats it. The less he does, the better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
t
You see it the way you want. Garret always try’s to say the right things. Fans use that for their agenda. We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors when those types of decisions are made.

We know that Garrett is a puppet. We know he is no longer the OC or play caller and he used to be. We have two direct quotes, one from Garrett and one from Jerry confirming who fired linehan.

We can see quite plainly that Moore has taken the offense to a place Linehan and Garrett never could.

What else do we really need to know?

The Cowboy are much better off with Garrett out of the offense and Moore in the offense. This is not a compliment to Garrett in any way.

The Cowboys have proven to be a much better team with less Garrett. Even less then we have had previously.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The only positive I have for Garrett is that the players play hard for him.

But the less he is involved in gameplanning, the better off the team is.

Just throw the challenge flag, call the occasional timeout and clap a lot. Thats it. The less he does, the better.
So no credit for building the team from the trenches out? No credit for focusing on getting good character players? Players that have been Captains and love to play the game?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
t

We know that Garrett is a puppet. We know he is no longer the OC or play caller and he used to be. We have two direct quotes, one from Garrett and one from Jerry confirming who fired linehan.

We can see quite plainly that Moore has taken the offense to a place Linehan and Garrett never could.

What else do we really need to know?

The Cowboy are much better off with Garrett out of the offense and Moore in the offense. This is not a compliment to Garrett in any way.

The Cowboys have proven to be a much better team with less Garrett. Even less then we have had previously.
We don’t know he’s a puppet. If he was, he would be under contract don’t you think?

Reaction score
So no credit for building the team from the trenches out? No credit for focusing on getting good character players? Players that have been Captains and love to play the game?
As part of the Jones/Jones/McClay/Garret quad, I'll give him some credit there.

So get him off the sidelines and kick him upstairs.