How many bad contracts do we have left?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Elliott is done for me. Plenty of backs are more effective including pollard. Don’t need a 15 m workhorse that refuses to sit.

Dak drop off? Not seeing that one. Fix the oline issues and Dak will be right back to playing mvp type ball.
When Dak injured the calf or was worse than whet they said. But he lost Elliot. He may have been on the field but wasn’t Elliot. If you fox the O-Line you will see this year that we will have Dak and a tough Elliot back. Will see good times around here till playoff time when you need coaching to take you to the next step..

glimmerman

Reaction score
The Dakster needs to be at the top of your list. $160 million plus for a dude who has extra small shoulders is ridiculous, he'd have trouble carrying a high school team, let a lone the DALLAS COWBOYS! JJ is killing this team with his Kmart specials. Start shopp'in at Dillard's, at least you know you're getting better quality for your money.....
He carried us to the playoffs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
When Dak injured the calf or was worse than whet they said. But he lost Elliot. He may have been on the field but wasn’t Elliot. If you fox the O-Line you will see this year that we will have Dak and a tough Elliot back. Will see good times around here till playoff time when you need coaching to take you to the next step..
Completely agree except the Elliott part.

He may be ok for 4-6 games but he is pretty much cooked.

That'll be clear mid season when he needs to show something in order to stay and cant.

Not a knock on Elliott, more about the nature of the position.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At this point I am really not sure they know what they are doing AT ALL, they are throwing rocks against the door. Arguably make a good move on someone, then make a clearly idiot move that handicaps. (Schultz?!) They are the "Can't Get Right, Boss." front office.

I agree but they definitely are getting rid of the right guys and resigning the right guys this year. And the pricing they are getting are favorable contracts. But as far as an overall plan, they are train wreck.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Elliott needs to go. He is still slow, no moves, and cant get to the outside. He is predictable. Whatever Elliott can do, half the backs in the NFL can do.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak were being paid around 25-30 mil/season which is where he should be, we could win a super bowl w/ him.

That's what we tell ourselves but I'm not so sure. His cap hit is 8.9%, that's ideal. It wasn't much different last year. The Jones boys have to want it too.

TheHerd

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. This FO has proven they aren't going to use cap money to make the team better, only to extend average players they draft. I have zero hope this team will ever be competitive for a championship in the foreseeable future. I'm not sure what will change it, but until something dramatic changes we're screwed.

Adreme

Reaction score
LOL got to love the revisionist history

The Cowboys were the NFLs number 1 offense and number 19 defense last year despite a lets call it below average running game and lets charitably call it above average OLine play. I am not sure I am going to credit the NFLs 19th ranked defense and certainly not credit the running game so that basically leaves you with passing.

tm1119

Reaction score
If you’ve seen what has gone on with the WR market this off-season and still think Cooper is a “bad” contract then you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Kinda under ther the radar but we need to draft a RB this year and don't be suprised if it relatively high. It will send a message to Zeke and it will protect us moving forward.
as long as its 5th round or later I could live with that
Oline #1 pick DT #2 LB# 3 Then they can have at it

glimmerman

Reaction score
Elliott needs to go. He is still slow, no moves, and cant get to the outside. He is predictable. Whatever Elliott can do, half the backs in the NFL can do.
So in 1 year and a injury and now he can’t get the edge.. It’s been one year and a bad O-Line. The line gets all of them to the edge. And you maybe right. I can’t argue with you.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys were the NFLs number 1 offense and number 19 defense last year despite a lets call it below average running game and lets charitably call it above average OLine play. I am not sure I am going to credit the NFLs 19th ranked defense and certainly not credit the running game so that basically leaves you with passing.

What was their rank once you removed all the terrible teams they played last year?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
But but but Tom Brady also played in a week division...those 7 SB rings the defense won for him!!!!:muttley:

6 of the 17 games were played in our division against really bad teams. Couple that with games against teams that were banged up got us that overinflated stat of #1 offense. The real proof of how inept the offense was could be seen towards the end of the season where they were struggling to move the ball when the run game was shut down.