How many bad contracts do we have left?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Absolutely right. The Cooper and Schultz moves contradict each other.

People like to add up catch numbers. How do we replace that??? Maybe with a running play that gained four yards.

My problem with the offseason overall is that the moves don't seem to be in sync with one another.

Wanna purge the overpaid, entitled underachevers? Fine...but then offer Gregory 70 million?

And at the top of the list....what you just mentioned about the run game.

It all tells me that not only is there no "secret sauce," but there's no real plan either. It's all reactionary.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::hammer:

Just look at what they did with Zeke and Pollard. Pollard is the perfect weapon for a high octane passing offense. A weapon out of the backfield and to take handoffs on draws and make big plays. They had all the receiving weapons they could dream of. But instead they would come out featuring Zeke Elliott and trying to pound it up the middle?

Total nonsense!!!

Last edited:

BigD_95

Reaction score
Everyone can get in on this one, even the Dak haters.

Jaylon Smith.....................Gone!
Cooper..............................Gone!
Collins...............................Gone!

To me we still have the worst one on the books and that is Zeke. The mild extension makes Lawrence contract much more agreeable. Doesnt it average like 14 million per year now or something like that?

On an note for the Dak haters I believe Dak is already moving down the list for QB's and is now the 5th highest paid QB. With the Ravens QB soon to sign he should be at #6. Already in two years getting down to about where he should be as far as salary vs ranking. Laughably he might actually be a bargain in a few years. LOL

Is Tyrone Smith becoming an overpaid contract? Thoughts?

just Zeke and Dak

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

The thinking may well include the chemistry with Dak, the availability to replace both in the draft..... WR (early rounds) and TE (middle rounds). Also not taking into account Jarwin's injury, if he was fit then Schultz would of been allowed to leave. The FO probably didnt feel there was anyone available to give equivalent production at TE (whilst there probably is at WR...Coops 65% comp rate).

Schultz, by the very fact there arent any rumors of an extension, is a one year stop gap.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The thinking may well include the chemistry with Dak, the availability to replace both in the draft..... WR (early rounds) and TE (middle rounds). Also not taking into account Jarwin's injury, if he was fit then Schultz would of been allowed to leave. The FO probably didnt feel there was anyone available to give equivalent production at TE (whilst there probably is at WR...Coops 65% comp rate).

Schultz, by the very fact there arent any rumors of an extension, is a one year stop gap.
Yep, I'd be especially discouraged with a long term deal.

For me, it's something impossible to quantify with stats.....things like how the offense in general, QB, and team overall are affected by small things in the run game.

For me anyway, catch stats, total yards....they don't at all tell the right story.

Notice how we usually are at the top or near it in those categories, but they don't amount to much in the end. There's solid reasoning behind that.

stiletto

Reaction score
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::hammer:

Just look at what they did with Zeke and Pollard. Pollard is the perfect weapon for a high octane passing offense. A weapon out of the backfield and to take handoffs on draws and make big plays. They had all the receiving weapons they could dream of. But instead they would come out featuring Zeke Elliott and trying to pound it up the middle?

Total nonsense!!!

At this point I am really not sure they know what they are doing AT ALL, they are throwing rocks against the door. Arguably make a good move on someone, then make a clearly idiot move that handicaps. (Schultz?!) They are the "Can't Get Right, Boss." front office.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scary part Pappy is how much of Cowboys Nation, this generation of Cowboys Nation just buys in and supports what we have been disputing for a few decades now.
That is what upsets me the most as a Cowboy faithful for life fan.
I was fortunate enough to be a part of the Doomsday Defense era, and our most recent touch of success with Jimmy and Switzer staying late to sweep the floors.
BTW,, Switz was such a cool dude that he ate a hot dog on the sideline during that last one.

Homers waiting for Dak and Zeke to take them to the glory land.
They are both LAUGHING all the way to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:
Now keep those excuses handy as they will be required for the next 3 years!!!

9327d704-7798-4651-8ba5-c97c45865fc0_text.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score

To me we still have the worst one on the books and that is Zeke. The mild extension makes Lawrence contract much more agreeable. Doesnt it average like 14 million per year now or something like that?

On an note for the Dak haters I believe Dak is already moving down the list for QB's and is now the 5th highest paid QB. With the Ravens QB soon to sign he should be at #6. Already in two years getting down to about where he should be as far as salary vs ranking. Laughably he might actually be a bargain in a few years. LOL

Elliot’s is yet to be seen for me. This is the first year I have seen our O-Line while being ranked high play this bad and Elliot having a injury that should have had him on the sideline. I blame much of the drop of the O-Line on the line coach. I feel he needs to go. The penalties and some of the blocking schemes are on coaching. If our O-Line gets it together and Elliot heals good then we should see a return of our run game. After a explosive first half of the season, we dropped off big time. The vikings game lost Jarwin and Elliot’s start of injuries. While making a great play he was tackled like Dak was and surprised his leg didn’t break. His play set up the game winner. Elliot still has gas left. Now was he over paid… yeah, for a Rb now. RBs aren’t getting the huge contracts much. But he is a complete RB.

D-Law was over paid for sure. Just like Elliot I was very upset at the tactics used to get the money. One hold out on a surgery and the other 2 years early. That’s your player listening to the agent. Agents don’t care about the team they care about getting the client and themselves paid. As much as possible..

As far as Daks contract. We could have signed him earlier and hit him for wentz money. But he would have gotten a short term and would be coming up soon for another big one. This season he has no excuse. His horrific injury takes 2 years to fully heal for the game. And he trusted it and had a injury to the same leg winning the pats game in OT. The fall off of his play was because the injury lingered longer physically than we know and mentally also.

D-Law to me is the worst contract. He is injured for multiple games every year. When he plays he gets good pressure and plays the run very well.

We simply need a big DT that can push the middle. Needed it for years and time to address it. And we need O-Line. Williams needed to go. Collins I am not sure about. We lost 2 starters. Collins could have stayed. Our draft needs to be a draft for the trenches. Not sexy but needed.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke, Zeke, Dak, Dak
These guys are both worth a fraction of what they were in 2016

CWR

Reaction score

People like to add up catch numbers. How do we replace that??? Maybe with a running play that gained four yards.

My problem with the offseason overall is that the moves don't seem to be in sync with one another.

Wanna purge the overpaid, entitled underachevers? Fine...but then offer Gregory 70 million?

And at the top of the list....what you just mentioned about the run game.

It all tells me that not only is there no "secret sauce," but there's no real plan either. It's all reactionary.

Yes Schultz is where I first stopped being able to recognize the semblance of a plan. My best guess is it's more about losing Coop than Jarwin. Still doesn't equate to be more run formidable.

kskboys

Reaction score
At this point I am really not sure they know what they are doing AT ALL, they are throwing rocks against the door. Arguably make a good move on someone, then make a clearly idiot move that handicaps. (Schultz?!) They are the "Can't Get Right, Boss." front office.
The only way this makes sense is if they are playing for 2024. And I'd be OK w/ that, but I don't see this org as smart enough.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes Schultz is where I first stopped being able to recognize the semblance of a plan. My best guess is it's more about losing Coop than Jarwin. Still doesn't equate to be more run formidable.
Yeah, but Schultz is on a one year deal. And then we'll either sign him long term(If he learns how to block) or move on.

Schultz is a viable TE. And we have no one who can do what he does, and it's a relatively rare ability.

Reactions: CWR

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Homers waiting for Dak and Zeke to take them to the glory land.
They are both LAUGHING all the way to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:
Now keep those excuses handy as they will be required for the next 3 years!!!

9327d704-7798-4651-8ba5-c97c45865fc0_text.gif
I try my best to keep the glass half full,, so Im looking at the positives with hope, call me the eternal optimist and when the eternal optimist is pissed than something is really wrong.
I actually endorse the departures of Coop, Collins, Gregory, if you cant win with them than move forward and find more motivated players that can fill these roles.
Isnt that what we associate as being the "culture".. lack of motivation.
I have faith when I look at the roster, thats what keeps me going, my faith is and has been with McClays evaluations and draft prep.
There is young talent that has yet to be exposed, Cox, Ball, Farniok, Joseph, Osa..etc there are a few on this roster that have no other place to go than up to starting gigs, and that is actually a healthy build model considering the short amount of time under 1st contract.
Find out what you have quickly and then you earn the true value of that player.
Garrett would love to still be here and be able to say that the process has accelerated to the point of last years draft class better all start finding a role.
Some can call it blind faith and they might be right, but I spend a fair amount of time on evaluation in my spare time and as harsh as I always am on mistakes with contracts on this FO, I can also be in agreement with positive transactions.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I try my best to keep the glass half full,, so Im looking at the positives with hope, call me the eternal optimist and when the eternal optimist is pissed than something is really wrong.
I actually endorse the departures of Coop, Collins, Gregory, if you cant win with them than move forward and find more motivated players that can fill these roles.
Isnt that what we associate as being the "culture".. lack of motivation.
I have faith when I look at the roster, thats what keeps me going, my faith is and has been with McClays evaluations and draft prep.
There is young talent that has yet to be exposed, Cox, Ball, Farniok, Joseph, Osa..etc there are a few on this roster that have no other place to go than up to starting gigs, and that is actually a healthy build model considering the short amount of time under 1st contract.
Find out what you have quickly and then you earn the true value of that player.
Garrett would love to still be here and be able to say that the process has accelerated to the point of last years draft class better all start finding a role.
Some can call it blind faith and they might be right, but I spend a fair amount of time on evaluation in my spare time and as harsh as I always am on mistakes with contracts on this FO, I can also be in agreement with positive transactions.

I have 0 faith as this team is weaker now esp at WR and Offline and Zeke is done .
We will be lucky to reach 8 wins as the offense will be once again PROBLEM # 1 scoring early and against playoff-bound teams!
D.C. wins the division(Easy Schedule and Wentz) and it won't even be close!
If the Eagles get themselves a QB we are probably finishing 3rd in the division.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Elliot’s is yet to be seen for me. This is the first year I have seen our O-Line while being ranked high play this bad and Elliot having a injury that should have had him on the sideline. I blame much of the drop of the O-Line on the line coach. I feel he needs to go. The penalties and some of the blocking schemes are on coaching. If our O-Line gets it together and Elliot heals good then we should see a return of our run game. After a explosive first half of the season, we dropped off big time. The vikings game lost Jarwin and Elliot’s start of injuries. While making a great play he was tackled like Dak was and surprised his leg didn’t break. His play set up the game winner. Elliot still has gas left. Now was he over paid… yeah, for a Rb now. RBs aren’t getting the huge contracts much. But he is a complete RB.

D-Law was over paid for sure. Just like Elliot I was very upset at the tactics used to get the money. One hold out on a surgery and the other 2 years early. That’s your player listening to the agent. Agents don’t care about the team they care about getting the client and themselves paid. As much as possible..

As far as Daks contract. We could have signed him earlier and hit him for wentz money. But he would have gotten a short term and would be coming up soon for another big one. This season he has no excuse. His horrific injury takes 2 years to fully heal for the game. And he trusted it and had a injury to the same leg winning the pats game in OT. The fall off of his play was because the injury lingered longer physically than we know and mentally also.

D-Law to me is the worst contract. He is injured for multiple games every year. When he plays he gets good pressure and plays the run very well.

We simply need a big DT that can push the middle. Needed it for years and time to address it. And we need O-Line. Williams needed to go. Collins I am not sure about. We lost 2 starters. Collins could have stayed. Our draft needs to be a draft for the trenches. Not sexy but needed.
Its not one or the other, the OL regressed as did Zeke.
OL will be a priority in this draft and I hope they come away with 2 early actually, wouldnt upset me at all.
Just dont pass on Jordan Davis if he is there but he wont be so it will be a close call between Zion Johnson and say a Devonte Wyatt if both are still there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have 0 faith as this team is weaker now esp at WR and Offline and Zeke is done .
We will be lucky to reach 8 wins as the offense will be once again PROBLEM # 1 scoring early and against playoff-bound teams!
D.C. wins the division(Easy Schedule and Wentz) and it won't even be close!
If the Eagles get themselves a QB we are probably finishing 3rd in the division.
Eagles have draft stock and can easily add Davis and LLoyd to their defense or something else equal to that.
Think about how fast that defense starts taking over Jerrys' East.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Elliott is done for me. Plenty of backs are more effective including pollard. Don’t need a 15 m workhorse that refuses to sit.

Dak drop off? Not seeing that one. Fix the oline issues and Dak will be right back to playing mvp type ball.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Eagles have draft stock and can easily add Davis and LLoyd to their defense or something else equal to that.
Think about how fast that defense starts taking over Jerrys' East.
They still have a qb problem. Our defense is still better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

exactly. You can have Gallup and Shultz or cooper. Who you taking? Easy decision.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

The Dakster needs to be at the top of your list. $160 million plus for a dude who has extra small shoulders is ridiculous, he'd have trouble carrying a high school team, let a lone the DALLAS COWBOYS! JJ is killing this team with his Kmart specials. Start shopp'in at Dillard's, at least you know you're getting better quality for your money.....