how many games do you think we will win out of the 4 remaining?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
do we want tampa bay or carolina to win next week?

i'm confused.

The Panch

Reaction score
lane;2454310 said:
do we want tampa bay or carolina to win next week?

i'm confused.
Carolina. A Tampa win would give them the tie break and the inside track to winning the division, thus making our win over them meaningless if we finish with the same record.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
Givincer;2454305 said:
No this isn't last year. But both teams retained a lot of the same players as last year, so it's certainly relevant to look to last year. We should've beaten this team three times last year, and none of the games should have been close. That is why I say the Giants are not in our league.

The Giants are 11-1... the "best team in football." We were 11-1 at one point, and the "best team in football" at one point too, and it didn't mean a darn thing once we lost in January.

I think we're better than the Giants. Call me ignorant all you like. We'll see who is ignorant in two weeks, I suppose.

I think you are ignorant but I also think the Cowboys are going to beat the Giants. Not because they are the better team. Because with all of these tough games against good teams, the Giants are going to lose one or two games somewhere. I think in Dallas is one of those games.

The Panch

Reaction score
Givincer;2454305 said:
No this isn't last year. But both teams retained a lot of the same players as last year, so it's certainly relevant to look to last year. We should've beaten this team three times last year, and none of the games should have been close. That is why I say the Giants are not in our league.

The Giants are 11-1... the "best team in football." We were 11-1 at one point, and the "best team in football" at one point too, and it didn't mean a darn thing once we lost in January.

I think we're better than the Giants. Call me ignorant all you like. We'll see who is ignorant in two weeks, I suppose.
1. All of those games should've been close and if Eli didnt hurt late in the first meeting, who knows what would've happened. And they whooped us most of the first half in the rematch. We just started and ended the half strong to cover up the fact that they were outplaying us.

2. They're a defending Super Bowl champion 11-1 who have proven they dont get complacent. We were an 11-1 team that faded down the stretch because we got complacent.

3. You can think what you want, but to come up with the conclusion that the Giants arent even in our league is foolish. They have more claim to say that to us than the other way around.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doomsday Duck;2454177 said:

our Defense will cause more turnovers and get more sacks than Pitts D

the giants will miss Plax and not be able to stop our passing game

there is no way this team will lose the Texas Stadium farewell game. Jerry will have the house filled with Cowboys Legends. I think this will be our toughest game of the 4. Both teams will still be fighting for their playoff lives. And Tony wins the game for them in the last minutes with a clutch pass...therefore clinching the Cowboys a playoff spot with this win.

and the eagles....they will bury them. with the troubles they are going thru they are done for the season. McNabb will be riding the pine cuz they wanna see what Kobb(sp?) has since they are getting ready to trade McNabb in the offseason...

I say this knowing that I have no way of knowing the future...but let's see what happens

I'll have what you're having.

The Panch;2454200 said:
This isnt last year and to say New York isnt in our league is foolish. They're the best team in football. Their defense is better than ours in every phase except sacks and our running game isnt even in their league. Im all about confidence, but that's ignorance.

Unless you go strictly by stats I don't think their D is better than ours. I think we're pretty even. They have a great run game but they still have to run on us and that's tough. And we can run the ball pretty well, too. And we have against this team. I can't guarantee a win but I think we will win if we don't turn the ball over and make a lot of mistakes. They are more disiplined.

The Panch;2454360 said:
Carolina. A Tampa win would give them the tie break and the inside track to winning the division, thus making our win over them meaningless if we finish with the same record.

Agree. We want Carolina to win and TB and Atl to lose.

Givincer

Reaction score
The Panch;2454372 said:
1. All of those games should've been close and if Eli didnt hurt late in the first meeting, who knows what would've happened. And they whooped us most of the first half in the rematch. We just started and ended the half strong to cover up the fact that they were outplaying us.

2. They're a defending Super Bowl champion 11-1 who have proven they dont get complacent. We were an 11-1 team that faded down the stretch because we got complacent.

3. You can think what you want, but to come up with the conclusion that the Giants arent even in our league is foolish. They have more claim to say that to us than the other way around.

Oh, I know, who knows what Eli could've done with that 10 point deficit with 3 minutes left in the game... Please. As for the playoff game, outplaying us? If having the ball for 23 minutes in a 60 minute contest is outplaying the other team, I guess they outplayed us. If having 100 less yards is outplaying, again, you're probably right, they outplayed us.

They're a defending Super Bowl champion, sure. They got lucky. They won three games in a row that they had absolutely no business winning. That alone does not make them a better team than us. What would make them a better team than us is if they could beat our team without it looking like a fluke, like we were able to do to them twice last year.

I don't think the Giants can keep up with us. And I think it's far from the case that they have more claim to say we're not in their league.

The Panch

Reaction score
jobberone;2454373 said:
Unless you go strictly by stats I don't think their D is better than ours. I think we're pretty even. They have a great run game but they still have to run on us and that's tough. And we can run the ball pretty well, too. And we have against this team. I can't guarantee a win but I think we will win if we don't turn the ball over and make a lot of mistakes. They are more disiplined.
We lost our speed with Jones and Barber has been averaging less than 4 yards a carry. Whether Choice can contribute is irrelevant until we see him play a significant amount of time. So you're basically comparing Barber's 3.8 to Jacobs who has been averaging more than 5 yards a carry, Ward who has been averaging 4.8, and Bradshaw with more than 6.

The Panch

Reaction score
Givincer;2454393 said:
Oh, I know, who knows what Eli could've done with that 10 point deficit with 3 minutes left in the game... Please.

They're a defending Super Bowl champion, sure. They got lucky. They won three games in a row that they had absolutely no business winning. That alone does not make them a better team than us. What would make them a better team than us is if they could beat our team without it looking like a fluke, like we were able to do to them twice last year.

I don't think the Giants can keep up with us. And I think it's far from the case that they have more claim to say we're not in their league.
They're not the same team last year, period. They're not even the same team we played in the post season. Eli's not the same guy(as hard as that is to believe), Hixon and Smith have become big contributors, Toomer's gotten healthy. The '07 Boys didnt face this offense. Nevermind the fact that we never faced their 3 backs in one game either.

hutru01

Reaction score
Extreme;2454132 said:
2-2

Pitt beats you 25-10
NY beats you 24-14
You beat Baltimore 31-12
You beat Philthy 37-16

This coming from an Commanders fan who knows there shot at the playoffs is very very slim now. :laugh2: J/K man

Seriously though, Pittsburgh is not that strong. Sure, they have a great D, but there offense is at best mediocre. Big Ben hasn't thrown for over 200 yards in a game all year. There lack of offense will keep our offense on the field longer and give us multiple opportunities to score. No matter how good a defense is in this league, they are inevitably going to be scored on. One thing about Pittsburgh's defense is that there secondary has weaknesses that will be exposed when stacked up to our offense (Owens, RWilliams, Witten, Martellus Bennett, etc). Polamalu is just one player and can't cover the whole field.

The Giants are playing the best football in the league right now and are arguably the only team the rest of the season that could beat us, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they will. They haven't seen our offense when its healthy. Our defense has pretty good the last 3 games, I think the Commanders found that out a couple games ago. ;)

At worst, we go 3-1 these last 4 games, but 4-0 is very possible.

Honestly though, its one game at a time. The only team that should be of any concern at the moment is Pittsburgh.

The Panch

Reaction score
And when I was talking about them outplaying us, I was referring to the 1st half of the second meeting last year. We struck early, but we spent most of the first half getting gashed on Defense and with Romo running for his life from the pass rush.

Givincer

Reaction score
The Panch;2454404 said:
They're not the same team last year, period. They're not even the same team we played in the post season. Eli's not the same guy(as hard as that is to believe), Hixon and Smith have become big contributors, Toomer's gotten healthy. The '07 Boys didnt face this offense. Nevermind the fact that we never faced their 3 backs in one game either.

Fair enough. All the same, I'd say they haven't faced our '08 offense... with Witten, Bennett, Williams, Owens and Tony Romo on the field at the same time.

We'll find out soon enough which team's better, that's for sure.

The Panch

Reaction score
Givincer;2454419 said:
Fair enough. All the same, I'd say they haven't faced our '08 offense... with Witten, Bennett, Williams, Owens and Tony Romo on the field at the same time.

We'll find out soon enough which team's better, that's for sure.
True. But Bennett has had 15 receptions all season. He doesnt belong in that group.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2454430 said:
True. But Bennett has had 15 receptions all season. He doesnt belong in that group.
Yet he's responsible for 25% of our points the past 3 games.

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2454439 said:
Yet he's responsible for 25% of our points the past 3 games.
And last year all of Tony Curtis' 3 receptions were for TDs. What's your point? Does Crayton scoring as many TDs as Witten both last year and this year make him as good as Witten as well?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2454448 said:
And last year all of Tony Curtis' 3 receptions were for TDs. What's your point? Does Crayton scoring more TDs than Witten both last year and this year make him a better player as well?
Yeah, Curtis and Bennett are in the same boat. Good one.

You're a football GENIUS! And an unbiased one at that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Panch;2454396 said:
We lost our speed with Jones and Barber has been averaging less than 4 yards a carry. Whether Choice can contribute is irrelevant until we see him play a significant amount of time. So you're basically comparing Barber's 3.8 to Jacobs who has been averaging more than 5 yards a carry, Ward who has been averaging 4.8, and Bradshaw with more than 6.

I hinted about stats. I don't go with that fully. Nor do I dismiss them. It's matchups and we can defend them. They will need their A game and all game long. Hopefully we can get up by 14 early and force them to throw. I'm not counting on that.

I understand where you're coming from. The Giants have generally run well all year. They've also not made mistakes and generally have had a lead or be in the game in the second half. That allows them to run all game long. It's a great recipe for winning in this league. Run the ball then throw it some then run more.

It's matchups. We're a big team and just as physical. We pass the ball a lot more than NY. So not being a run team in this league doesn't bother me as much as in the past. You don't have to run much at all and you can still win although I prefer more balance than that.

If they play them with an attitude and get physical they can beat them. As long as they don't hand it to them.

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2454452 said:
Yeah, Curtis and Bennett are in the same boat. Good one.

You're a football GENIUS! And an unbiased one at that.
Get over yourself.

Givincer

Reaction score
The Panch;2454448 said:
And last year all of Tony Curtis' 3 receptions were for TDs. What's your point? Does Crayton scoring as many TDs as Witten both last year and this year make him as good as Witten as well?

Not saying he's as good as Witten, Owens or Williams just saying he is an added weapon this season.