How many of the members here are over 37 years old?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm pushing 50 and have been talking Cowboys football on forums like this since the 2002 season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sticking with Jack Benny (Who?) and the 39 years old.
I did watch Eddie LeBaron and Don Meredith's first games with the Cowboys though.
I do believe Amos Marsh was the RB that first year too.

You too, huh? I saw those games as well and was a young adult at the time. Yep -- we definitely go back a-ways!

Craig

Reaction score
I became a fan in spite of steelers fans at super bowl xxx. This isnt truly when i became a fan, i just started saying i was a cowboys fan when people asked me about football because i grew up in pittsburgh and i knew that would shut them up. Looking back, at that early age that part of my personality was done developing...

That may not be the purist origin of fandom for a team, but truly beginning to follow dallas in the mid 90s and still being here today, i feel that i am legit.

Basically, while i got to enjoy super bowl 30, i wasnt enjoying it as a dallas fan, i was enjoying it as someone in pittsburgh who didnt like the 45 hour a day 9 days a week 543 days a year coverage of the steelers.

malbis030347

Reaction score
I go back to the late 60's and when the team was first formed and had Eddie Lebaron as the QB!.
...the 70's came along and seeing Roger in action, Dorsett, Doomsday etc and I was hooked for life
....and I was living in NY at the time and outside of Joe Willie I never found the NY teams good enough to excite me
I guess I am still clinging to the idea that I root for Americas Team after all these years, you have to be a die hard Cowboy fan to appreciate what it means to us

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I am 10 days older than Romo which according to this board makes me prehistoric in QB years, but judging by the average in this thread, I'm a young fellah barely even entering my prime. What a complicated web we weave.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm 106...why, I remember when the ball was made from the testicles of a woolly mammoth...

Back then, we didn't have all those namby pamby rules....you won when everyone on the other team was DEAD!

Actually, I'm 59. I came to America in 1970 and I watched the Cowboys because I wanted to learn how to play football.

True story:

The first two games I every watched were a 52-17 and 38-0 losses. I felt sorry for them. That loss was their last until a last minute loss in Super Bowl 5.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'm 55, even though I can't seem to drive it.

Remember a few games in the 60's. My father had a super bowl party on January 16, 1972, I've been hooked ever since.