How many of you would take less?

morasp

Reaction score
I did and doesn't surprise that Cooper would consider it also. He's seen the other side of it with the Raiders and realizes that getting paid a little more in a crappy environment isn't much fun.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Sorry but you can't base this on common people when talking about a $33M/year contract with $105M guaranteed not including endorsement deals. Therefore, if winning means Dak takes a few million less then I guess that is what is important to him but if it's just the money he will hold out for the most he can get.
Perfectly put. Who’s going to say no I’d turn down 105 million. I want more. It’s easy for us to say that we’d accept it. There’s more factors involved for Dak

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Had nothing to do with cost. Our best players choked. If Jaylon and LVE played like they did in the regular season or even the week before when they shut down the number one rushing attack maybe they wouldn’t have gotten beaten by the future hall of famer CJ Anderson.

Agree with that point but there is also a D line that got manhandled and pushed around too. What the previous poster was saying more funds needs to be allocated to that side of the ball besides DL who did nothing that game also.

nobody

Reaction score
I would do exactly as Dak is doing, having his agent get every penny he has earned and more.

While I support Dak wanting to be paid, he has not EARNED anything close to elite level money. The Cowboys didn't win anything of importance with Dak at the helm yet.
But him wanting to get paid a good rate for QB's right now? No problem with that. I strongly suspect it's more about contract length and guaranteed money than the amount per year. I don't blame him for wanting a shorter contract than what they want to give him either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree with that point but there is also a D line that got manhandled and pushed around too. What the previous poster was saying more funds needs to be allocated to that side of the ball besides DL who did nothing that game also.
Well how much more should be allocated there when you have Lawrence 100 million and Quinn 10-11 million? Maybe some of these draft picks need to step up before we allocate money over there.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I hope Dak plays extreme hardball and gets every penny he can.

From the Dolphins or Jags or Bengals or whichever team is dumb and desperate enough to give it to him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's ridiculously funny to me that some keep saying "take less"!!!! Would you settle? Less money for your family? Less money for a career that might be cut short with and injury! Less money for a team that will cut you as soon as you slip? What the hell?? I get it, salary cap....blah, blah ,blah. I wouldn't settle and I sure as hell don't blame anyone that would.

Dak is actually asking for less. But no big deal...…...keep making threads talking about how more Dak wants. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I hope Dak plays extreme hardball and gets every penny he can.

From the Dolphins or Jags or Bengals or whichever team is dumb and desperate enough to give it to him.

Why would you want ANY player to get as much money as possible? Are you a Cowboys fan or a player fan? Its in the best interest of the team and winning championships for the players to get less money. Simple math actually.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's ridiculously funny to me that some keep saying "take less"!!!! Would you settle? Less money for your family? Less money for a career that might be cut short with and injury! Less money for a team that will cut you as soon as you slip? What the hell?? I get it, salary cap....blah, blah ,blah. I wouldn't settle and I sure as hell don't blame anyone that would.

And I would 1000% take a little less if it meant I was playing in a place that I was happy with. Family was happy, I enjoyed, and suited my personal life. And certainly if it meant I would get flooded with endorsement deals because I was playing for the Dallas Cowboys over the Bills. And the fact that it would help my team win a championship would be a small part of the decision, but it might be the kicker for me.

Most also fail to grasp that it is really the agent that is negotiating. Its the AGENTS job to get his client the best deal. So that is what he is doing. For the most part, Dak is probably just letting the agent do his thing.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Why would you want ANY player to get as much money as possible? Are you a Cowboys fan or a player fan? Its in the best interest of the team and winning championships for the players to get less money. Simple math actually.
Read my post again. I advocated Dak getting top dollar..... from another team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Read my post again. I advocated Dak getting top dollar..... from another team.

So if the Cowboys let Dak walk and he signed with the Commanders are you saying that the present and future would look brighter for the Cowboys or Commanders?

kskboys

Reaction score
So somehow making more money would hurt your happiness?
It would be irrelevant. At 30 mil/year, I'd already be rich. A few more million would make no difference whatsoever. Not even a little.

I'd much rather make 30 mill/season and compete for super bowls than make 40 mil/season and be mediocre. And that's what the choice generally comes down to.

kskboys

Reaction score
Will the team go spend that money on Amari or an O Lineman?

peopel are really oversimplifying this and saying that taking a couple of million less guarantees a super bowl.

not doesnt
No they're not. Absolutely no one is saying that.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Well how much more should be allocated there when you have Lawrence 100 million and Quinn 10-11 million? Maybe some of these draft picks need to step up before we allocate money over there.

Yes agree someone needs to step up and fast but we can't keep putting a band aid over a gun shot wound either and expect a miracle.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It would be irrelevant. At 30 mil/year, I'd already be rich. A few more million would make no difference whatsoever. Not even a little.

I'd much rather make 30 mill/season and compete for super bowls than make 40 mil/season and be mediocre. And that's what the choice generally comes down to.
Prescott got paid peanuts for 4 seasons, so your theory is extremely hypothetical. And unrealistic.
He didn't even get paid ONE million a year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
lets see..... 30 million a year PLUS 45 million a year in endorsement money because I play for the Dallas Cowboys equals 75 million per year.
40 million per year from the Bucs plus 3 milliona year in endorsements equals 43 million per year.

Hell no I wouldnt sign for any team not named the Cowboys and take 30plus million per year less.

kskboys

Reaction score
Prescott got paid peanuts for 4 seasons, so your theory is extremely hypothetical. And unrealistic.
He didn't even get paid ONE million a year.
And he's the one who refused an extension before the season.

Have no idea why you think it's unrealistic. More players than you think have done this, you just don't hear about them because extreme greed makes better headlines.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I would if you talking 33 vs 35 over the life of the contract but I would not be interested in any pay cuts down the line.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I took less...Come on now, I get the chance of a life time thing, but if I worked 327years I would make what Dak's team is asking for next year only, and i'm considered upper middle class where we live. I know the next play could be their last. If you Like/love what you do the human nature aspect would want to make sure to have success. can anyone spend 30 million dollars? yes, but Dak is no dummy....He can make it work.

I lost 10,000 a year when I moved but, it's a small business and the owner is golden. makes life better. I don't regret it at all.