How many playoffs game did Dalton win?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching how sloppy the backup job has been handled for quite some time now considering that was supposed to be Garrett's strength, you would think fans would be happy with this signing? BU QB has been a joke. The team simply dropped the ball in that area on a regular basis. Great move by McCarthy!

Peopel are generally happy with the signing. They are not happy people want him to compete for #1.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you what I hate about the, "I hate my QB, even though he is one of the best young QBs in the NFL" crowd?

I have found myself having to defend Dak by tearing down Romo, who also loved, and who I also think was the victim of poor, ultra-conservative coaching.

And I now I feel the need to tear down Dalton, who I think is actually the best back-up QB we have had since Bernie Kosar way back in '93.

For forcing me to do that, I think all of the Dak-haters should be forced to eternally live in that time period between Aikman's retirement and the Rise of Romo, so they can understand how lucky we are to have stumbled on to two franchise QBs through UDFA and the 4th round, that have kept us relevant, despite having subpar coaching since Parcells left.

No need to react other then laughing in their face. Nothing more than a bunch of holdover Romo cry babies that still haven't gotten over the fact that Romo didn't get his job back.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
During Dalton's years in the playoffs Green was there and only managed 1 win. Talk about bad tries. DO YOU WANNA TRY AGAIN?
Oh...so "years in the playoffs" eh? I just love how people have to cherry pick stuff...kinda whittle down the profile of the stats, in fact entirely change what they said so they can be "right". You made no such distinction in the post I replied to.

I was VERY clear in my statement that it was 2019.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need to react other then laughing in their face. Nothing more than a bunch of holdover Romo cry babies that still haven't gotten over the fact that Romo didn't get his job back.

The notion that Dalton shouldn't compete for the job is also laughable. The people resisting this notion could very well be the same as "romo crybabies" you are talking about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And yet Zeke hating is okay.

Plenty of things to hate about Zeke.

Nothing to complain about a 4th round pick becoming a top 10 franchise QB out of nowhere getting paid 1 million per season for those 4 years. At least there isn't if you understand QB play and football in general.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The notion that Dalton shouldn't compete for the job is also laughable. The people resisting this notion could very well be the same as "romo crybabies" you are talking about.

He can compete all he wants. However I am quite sure he fully understands who the starter is here and what is role is.

The people that act like Dalton was signed to replace Dak are just plain dumb.

Silly

Reaction score
Rush can always beat him out in camp. It will be interesting to see how Big mike handles the preseason games. Garrett never gave a tinker's damn about preparing the team. Maybe Rush can finally have a breakout preseason and win the Job????

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Oh...so "years in the playoffs" eh? I just love how people have to cherry pick stuff...kinda whittle down the profile of the stats, in fact entirely change what they said so they can be "right". You made no such distinction in the post I replied to.

I was VERY clear in my statement that it was 2019.

And just how is giving some stats for the most recent season cherry picking or saying the fact that Dalton never won a playoff game cherry picking or when someone compares Prescott's playoff win to Dalton and then says the Cowboys had much better OL, RB and WR and I point out that during Dalton's five trips to the playoffs without a win he had A.J. Green is that cherry picking. What you're calling cherry picking is nothing more than giving truth facts and because you don't like them you're calling them cherry picking. Lastly if Dalton was such a good QB he wouldn't have been released.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dalton is here for 1 reason to provide vet backup. He is not taking the starting QB job. He is here on a 1 year deal. People making more of this than there is. I'm glad he is here because I feel more confident in a vet QB coming in if need be than I would be for a raw QB who has never played a down in a reg season game. Troy Aikman had vet backup QB and so did Romo, Some seen to be trying to make more out of this than there is

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And just how is giving some stats for the most recent season cherry picking or saying the fact that Dalton never won a playoff game cherry picking or when someone compares Prescott's playoff win to Dalton and then says the Cowboys had much better OL, RB and WR and I point out that during Dalton's five trips to the playoffs without a win he had A.J. Green is that cherry picking. What you're calling cherry picking is nothing more than giving truth facts and because you don't like them you're calling them cherry picking. Lastly if Dalton was such a good QB he wouldn't have been released.
Yeah, AJ Green == being surrounded by All-Pros for every game of your game manager career. Try again, troll.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Dalton comes in with a competing for the starting QB job mindset. MM has no skin in the Dak game. He'll play whoever gives his offense the best chance to score points.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He can compete all he wants. However I am quite sure he fully understands who the starter is here and what is role is.

The people that act like Dalton was signed to replace Dak are just plain dumb.

Also people are forgetting hat the front office did the exact same thing last year in trading for Quinn right before we unloaded the Brinks truck for DLAW.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well of course people use...and abuse ...stats to prove their agenda. There are lies, dang lies...and then there are stats. And now you are arguing with me things I never said. The thing I DID say, several times, is that "here is Andy's 2019 "highlights" (sans AJ)"...and I have told people make of it what you will.

I have never said Andy is better than Dak. Dak does some things better than Andy, Andy does some things better than Dak. And I say may the best player win #1. Like I would for any player and position on the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The one season they had a real chance to go further in the playoffs. A late blatant nasty hit took Dalton out of the game, early. Steelers went on to win. No penalty called and it should have been. The hit was by Harrison. Another reason to hate the Steelers and wish them nothing but bad luck.
so now we are writing excuses for Dalton and reasons that its ok he lost playoffs...yet Dallas going 8-8 is all Dak's fault, lets high light all his mistakes?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plenty of things to hate about Zeke.

Nothing to complain about a 4th round pick becoming a top 10 franchise QB out of nowhere getting paid 1 million per season for those 4 years. At least there isn't if you understand QB play and football in general.
Let me make one thing clear here....I have zero hate for Dak. But he is not above reproach or criticism. No one is. He's is not crowned either. We sign players and they compete for positions. Disagreements about performance and achievements happen even between experts....certainly way more experts than reside HERE. So insulting other people because they might disagree with you about it is... unbecoming at best. Now I'm not saying "dak hate" is fully legitimate. He's done a remarkable job...but he was handed a very good team too. And you do have to have some fortitude to keep up with it. Kudos to Dak. And may the best player win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I can’t believe there are people who want Andy freaking Dalton to be the starting QB of the Cowboys now.

What the heck is wrong with you people.

:facepalm:
don't fret, there were some idiots who said Keenum as a great option.....they absolutely don't care about what they say...its just saying anything against Dak that counts with them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Also people are forgetting hat the front office did the exact same thing last year in trading for Quinn right before we unloaded the Brinks truck for DLAW.

I love the Dalton move for several different reasons.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Let me make one thing clear here....I have zero hate for Dak. But he is not above reproach or criticism. No one is. He's is not crowned either. We sign players and they compete for positions. Disagreements about performance and achievements happen even between experts....certainly way more experts than reside HERE. So insulting other people because they might disagree with you about it is... unbecoming at best. Now I'm not saying "dak hate" is fully legitimate. He's done a remarkable job...but he was handed a very good team too. And you do have to have some fortitude to keep up with it. Kudos to Dak. And may the best player win.

In 2016, Dak was handed a great offense. Everything else was sub par to bad.

Offense since 2016 has faded with the shape of the Oline for the most part and WR corps had to be rebuilt. Last year it was great and we saw the results with Dak and the passing game.

This isn't rocket science. Same for Dak as any other QB.