How many playoffs game did Dalton win?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its been 4 years. The team has had weaknesses that were costly in all 4 of them. The defense has been the big problem on the field all 4 years. Garrett and the coaching staff was also a big problem.

As far as Dak being handed things, he had a great Oline in 2016 and 2019. He has had a good running game all 4 years. His best pass catchers were last year and he flourished with them. Didn't have a legitimate WR1 until 2nd half of last year. WE have seen the difference since.

NO way Cowboys have been a contender the last 3 years. 2016 was the best team, but still had a bad defense and coach.

So this notion that Dak has been surrounded by tons of talent is only 1/3 true. Offense maybe, defense no, coaching no.
LOL...."offense maybe". "Maybe"? You have got to be kidding.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL...."offense maybe". "Maybe"? You have got to be kidding.

Do you remember the WR by committee year in 2018? 2017 with a fading Dez and Witten and nobody else?

Do you remember the Oline problems in the 2nd half of 2017 and then 2018 when sacks went to 56 in one year?

Do you recall Zeke getting suspended for 6 games in 2017?

Since 2016 the Oline has gotten worse and receivers had to be rebuilt. Hasn't all been great everywhere. Far from it.

Receivers and RB's are now as good as it gets. The line is currently under a rebuild at the center and guard position. How long with Smith last?

Shall I go on?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah, AJ Green == being surrounded by All-Pros for every game of your game manager career. Try again, troll.

AGAIN I pointed out things that those that are happy the Cowboys signed Dalton don't like so now I'm a troll. Look as far as getting Dalton on a 1 year contract as insurance for if Prescott gets injured and misses his first game to injury and has to maybe play a game or 2, fine, but to delude yourselves into thinking that Dalton could replace Prescott is delusional. If Dalton was that good he wouldn't have been released.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well of course people use...and abuse ...stats to prove their agenda. There are lies, dang lies...and then there are stats. And now you are arguing with me things I never said. The thing I DID say, several times, is that "here is Andy's 2019 "highlights" (sans AJ)"...and I have told people make of it what you will.

I have never said Andy is better than Dak. Dak does some things better than Andy, Andy does some things better than Dak. And I say may the best player win #1. Like I would for any player and position on the team.

AGAIN I'll say what I've said many times now, if Dalton was that good he wouldn't have been released and be reduced to a backup QB. If you actually think there will be ANY real competition for the starting QB job then you know less about NFL football than you think you do.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
AGAIN I pointed out things that those that are happy the Cowboys signed Dalton don't like so now I'm a troll. Look as far as getting Dalton on a 1 year contract as insurance for if Prescott gets injured and misses his first game to injury and has to maybe play a game or 2, fine, but to delude yourselves into thinking that Dalton could replace Prescott is delusional. If Dalton was that good he wouldn't have been released.
And if Dak was drafted by the Bengals he would be in the XFL. Nobody cares what you think, while you bury your head in the sand and act like they've played in equal situations.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
And how many playoff games did Steve Beuerlein win before we signed him? How many Super Bowls did Bernie Kosar win before we signed him? Come on, man. Dalton was the best backup QB available in free agency, and we got him. If Dak goes down with an injury with our season on the line, we're sending in Dalton instead of Cooper Rush. This is a smart move.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
And if Dak was drafted by the Bengals he would be in the XFL. Nobody cares what you think, while you bury your head in the sand and act like they've played in equal situations.

And with all your NFL wisdom why hasn't any NFL team fired their entire scouting staff and GM and hire you to do everything? The ABSOLUTE truth is a starting QB got released and is now reduced to a backup role and that wouldn't happen if that QB was good on whatever team he played on. It happens EVERY season. Two starters, Mariota and Winston are now backup QB's. There have been good QB's that played on bad teams but that didn't change that the QB's were good. Unfortunately for Dalton that good QB ship has sailed and he now missed it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And with all your NFL wisdom why hasn't any NFL team fired their entire scouting staff and GM and hire you to do everything? The ABSOLUTE truth is a starting QB got released and is now reduced to a backup role and that wouldn't happen if that QB was good on whatever team he played on. It happens EVERY season. Two starters, Mariota and Winston are now backup QB's. There have been good QB's that played on bad teams but that didn't change that the QB's were good. Unfortunately for Dalton that good QB ship has sailed and he now missed it.
LOL, nice logical fallacy... I should ask you which one it is, but I don't really have any faith you went to high school. So I'll say it again, since you can't read: Nobody cares what you think, while you bury your head in the sand and act like they've played in equal situations.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AGAIN I'll say what I've said many times now, if Dalton was that good he wouldn't have been released and be reduced to a backup QB. If you actually think there will be ANY real competition for the starting QB job then you know less about NFL football than you think you do.
That would not surprise me!

I'm just a regular old fan...without much knowledge at all. Even less would be....possible. :)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you remember the WR by committee year in 2018? 2017 with a fading Dez and Witten and nobody else?

Do you remember the Oline problems in the 2nd half of 2017 and then 2018 when sacks went to 56 in one year?

Do you recall Zeke getting suspended for 6 games in 2017?

Since 2016 the Oline has gotten worse and receivers had to be rebuilt. Hasn't all been great everywhere. Far from it.

Receivers and RB's are now as good as it gets. The line is currently under a rebuild at the center and guard position. How long with Smith last?

Shall I go on?
If it makes you feel better...please do!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
LOL, nice logical fallacy... I should ask you which one it is, but I don't really have any faith you went to high school. So I'll say it again, since you can't read: Nobody cares what you think, while you bury your head in the sand and act like they've played in equal situations.

And I'll say you have a very obvious comprehension problem, probably from only getting through grade school. There have been good QB's that played on bad teams yet they were good QB's. Yet you want to equate QB's based on how good the teams were. There are also just so so QB's and not so good QB's that played on bad teams. There have been some QB's on bad teams that started out good and as time went by slid down to so so QB's and then sliding a little further down and this is what happened to Dalton. If you go by just if teams were good and won Super Bowls then how do you explain how just about every sports person thinks Marino was a great QB? Marino with zero rings. Get your head out of the clouds and dream world that tells you that only QB's on good teams can be judged and QB's on bad teams can't be evaluated because they played on bad teams.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And I'll say you have a very obvious comprehension problem, probably from only getting through grade school. There have been good QB's that played on bad teams yet they were good QB's. Yet you want to equate QB's based on how good the teams were. There are also just so so QB's and not so good QB's that played on bad teams. There have been some QB's on bad teams that started out good and as time went by slid down to so so QB's and then sliding a little further down and this is what happened to Dalton. If you go by just if teams were good and won Super Bowls then how do you explain how just about every sports person thinks Marino was a great QB? Marino with zero rings. Get your head out of the clouds and dream world that tells you that only QB's on good teams can be judged and QB's on bad teams can't be evaluated because they played on bad teams.
LOL... the Dolphins were not a "bad team". During Marino's tenure they had the third most wins in the NFL. You may want to try a little harder while you are desperately reaching to come up with something for your dumb logic. Keep burying your head in the sand.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how many playoff games did Steve Beuerlein win before we signed him? How many Super Bowls did Bernie Kosar win before we signed him? Come on, man. Dalton was the best backup QB available in free agency, and we got him. If Dak goes down with an injury with our season on the line, we're sending in Dalton instead of Cooper Rush. This is a smart move.
The whole premise of this thread is pretty laughable. Do people expect Aaron Rodgers to be our QB depth?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
LOL... the Dolphins were not a "bad team". During Marino's tenure they had the third most wins in the NFL. You may want to try a little harder while you are desperately reaching to come up with something for your dumb logic. Keep burying your head in the sand.

I didn't say the Dolphins were a bad team only that they didn't win a Super Bowl and you're so hung up on not being able to evaluate any QB that played on a bad team is just as foolish as me intentionally using the Dolphins and Marino to prove how foolish having preconceived ideas are. Keep your head in dream world I'm sure it's a happier place than reality.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I didn't say the Dolphins were a bad team only that they didn't win a Super Bowl and you're so hung up on not being able to evaluate any QB that played on a bad team is just as foolish as me intentionally using the Dolphins and Marino to prove how foolish having preconceived ideas are. Keep your head in dream world I'm sure it's a happier place than reality.
Neither Dak or Dalton has won a Super bowl either, so what's the relevance again? Clearly when the nice lady came by with the pills this morning, you were staring out the window. Go to sleep, Boomer. You're done here.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What I am getting is that Dalton can't carry a team and doesn't make his teammates around him better. That's was a huge complaint against Dak, but not so much for the throwing tomato. Our resident QB critics are cool with a bus driver as long as that bus driver isn't Dak.