How many SB do DC get in next 10 years

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4488714 said:
This logic is flawed, you are assigning equal probabilities to every team in the league. See, the chances a coin lands heads or tails is exactly 50%, there is no tendency for the coin to favor a head or a tail (unless it is weighted).

You cant do that with professional sports teams because the probability of winning a SB is not the same for each team, you need to use weighted probabilites to show that some outcomes are going to have a higher tendency than others.

For example, do you think the Colts with a rookie QB is going to have the exact same chance of winning the SB as the Patriots? Of course not, thus the Patriots must be given a "higher weighting" in the probability tree.

I hated stats class in grad school, but I still remember a couple of things.:D
I should have added to that post the 'everything else equal' caveat, which I thought was implied. Those are the odds for any given team.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
mooseq;4487527 said:
I have a feeling (hoping) we WIN 3 SB from 2012-2022. :bow:

what do you guys think?

Based on what we have done the past 10 years as a baseline?

Zero :lmao:

visionary

Reaction score
mooseq;4487527 said:
I have a feeling (hoping) we WIN 3 SB from 2012-2022. :bow:

what do you guys think?

:laugh2: :laugh2:

welcome to the board
you should fit right in

:bang2: :bang2:

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
utrunner07;4488919 said:
stay classy:rolleyes:, i guess that is your typical response to someone that disagrees with you? You seem real smart.
Lets see, we have 1 in 18 years....in the next 10...lets see .475 Superbowls?

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Risen Star;4488636 said:
I can't say that I agree with that. Garrett can be the real deal as a head coach but just didn't have the talent in Dallas. He's operating without a GM here. Even a Director of Player Personnel. You have to take that into account when evaluating him. I don't think this is a spot where you can say if he can't win here, where can he win.
I'm not saying that JG isn't handicapped in any way. I do think it's doable, though. My focus is on JG because to me the book is very much out on him. We know we have the QB. We know what JJ adds to the equation. Among other things, Jerry's coach has got to be able to obtain and maintain relative control over personnel and wield it effectively. BP did the former but didn't do a particularly good job at the latter (see for example Jacob Rogers).

Trajan

Reaction score
Winning a SuperBowl is hard;
It is even harder when your organization is dumb.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Trajan;4488943 said:
Winning a SuperBowl is hard;
It is even harder when your organization is dumb.

:laugh2: ...life is hard...it's even harder when you're stupid.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I'll go with one SuperBowl in the next 3 years. After that, it is hard to say.

slomoxn

Reaction score
wittenacious;4487552 said:
Had to be done. :)

And still they will come ...

Well.... It's the truth. At least for the last 16 years. I'm really hoping Garrett gets this turned around.

scottsp

Reaction score
I believe Hos had it right. There is no reason to presume Dallas will get just one Lombardi within that time-frame given how this team's performance in recent years.

Could they win a Super Bowl/Super Bowls? Sure, nothing is out of the question. If we are pondering that probability, I suppose Bengal and Lion fans are feeling especially good about things. Another words, we might want to tap the breaks just a tad because the question of "how many," at this point, is laughable.

One would be crazy. It would be almost like winning our first all over again. And for some here, it would be their first.

Winning an NFL Championship takes a lot. More than a talented roster, quality QB play, and a break here or there, it is an absolute war of attrition. One cannot predict a slew of injuries which might yank a top-flight club out of contention. And while this here isn't so top notch, as the Giants have shown, it doesn't always have to be.

It is quite a trick to turn. If the Cowboys can get just one, I might play along. And by just one, I should be referring to playoff victories.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Unless Mr. Jones and Co. improve substantially in their management of the team, we can probably expect results similar to the last decade.

Trajan

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;4488945 said:
:laugh2: ...life is hard...it's even harder when you're stupid.

;)

My obvious play on that quote.

anj113

Reaction score
What players do we have to 'do it"? What players? We havent come close to winning a damn thing with these players you speak of... year after year, we are the MOST overrated team in the league... WE do not have the key players in the positions it takes to win in this league... Jerry year after year pulls the wool over fans eyes and makes you believe in his PR machine... This team is light years away from winning anything.

jayhouston12

Reaction score
if you sure up that secondary and anthony spencer becomes what shaun phillips was to shawne merriman and the offense goes old school power run with murray getting 20 touches, jones getting 6-9 touches and tanner getting 4-6 touches and don't let romo throw the ball more than 25 times i see us winning atleast 1 superbowl

bevo11

Reaction score
anj113;4489370 said:
What players do we have to 'do it"? What players? We havent come close to winning a damn thing with these players you speak of... year after year, we are the MOST overrated team in the league... WE do not have the key players in the positions it takes to win in this league... Jerry year after year pulls the wool over fans eyes and makes you believe in his PR machine... This team is light years away from winning anything.

I agree...give Jerry credit because he is a salesman. We keeps parading crap on the field and we think that they are worth a damn because they wear the star? Its just sad how terrible this franchise has become. He will not be motivated to put a better product on the field until it effects his pocket book. I just dont know what world some of you people live in that think this team is going to be anything but mediocre. I hope I am wrong, but you can only get kicked in the nuts so many times before you get pissed off.:bang2: