How many teams has Dak beaten with a winning record this season?

Swagger

Reaction score
"Limitless weapons"

Do you even watch the games?

:facepalm:
Yes I do.
During his time in the league there arguably hasn't been a quarterback with more help and quality around him on offense then Dak Prescott.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yes I do.
During his time in the league there arguably hasn't been a quarterback with more help and quality around him on offense then Dak Prescott.
What about the defense? I guess you don’t realize there’s 3 phases to the game, right?

Ken

Reaction score
Yes I do.
He's had Martin, Smith and Cooper. Zeke hasn't been dominant in a long time. Ceedee isn't a top 25 wr in the league right now.

Where is all of this talent?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A swallow makes a summer on here. A QB can play at an average/poor level for 6 out of the last 7 with limitless weapons around him then expectedly hit his straps against a really bad Washington side and suddenly he's the MVP again. I can understand why other fans consider Cowboys' fans to be a joke and clown show.
You're the clown and a joke.

Swagger

Reaction score
He's had Martin, Smith and Cooper. Zeke hasn't been dominant in a long time. Ceedee isn't a top 25 wr in the league right now.

Where is all of this talent?
Since he has been in the league he has had two likely future Hall of Fame offensive lineman in Martin and Smith. Plus All Pros like Frederick. Most other quarterbacks have bad offensive lines for a few seasons. Much as people like to complain, whilst the line hasn't been as elite as 2016, it has always been a good line apart from ironically last season after Prescott got injured the team was down to their third string at times.
Receivers like Dez, Cooper, Lamb and Beasley. Useful tight ends in Witten and Schultz. Running backs in Zeke and Pollard. It is massively underated that he has generally always had a good running game.
In reality, this is a pointless discussion as we won't change each others thinking. I have made my point and appreciate you won't agree so no worries.

It just makes me laugh when people criticise someone like Josh Allen for only being good since he had Diggs ignoring that he has never had a good/very good offensive line or a quality running game. Allen has largely been their running game as the o line hasn't been good enough to establish an effective run game. Yet some alleviate Prescott to elite status ignoring receivers like Cooper and the running game at his disposal and when he plays badly and say Cooper didn't play then it's like well it's not his fault, yet most other quarterbacks endure far worse and often still get it done.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
If we're not supposed to make excuses for when the Dak does poorly then why is it ok to make excuses when he does well?

Bizwah

Reaction score
No team can go 17-0 against teams with winning records.

Most teams that make the playoffs only beat a handful of teams with winning records. Shoot. If we beat AZ and Philly, I guess that's five. I'd think that's up there with just about anybody that's in the playoffs.

817Gill

Reaction score
3 is the magic #

Bolts 8-7
Eagles 8-7
Pats

Now do the rest of the QB’s in their career:

Since 2012, Aaron Rodgers is 22-30-1 (.424) against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.sportsandfitnessdigest.com/aaron-rodgers-record-against-winning-teams/?amp=1

Only five QB’s have winning records above .500 against winning teams and one is Jimmy G who has dipped under that this season I believe. It’s the NFL lol you’re not going to have winning records against winning teams often. That’s kinda the whole point of them being winning teams lol it’s a parity league.

Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, and Patrick Mahomes are the only ones currently with better than .500 record against winning teams.

Last edited:

Rodney308

Reaction score
One swallow does not make a summer is a known expression to a well read individual. The uneducated may refer to google...be my guest.

Here's another known expression for ya: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Your thread would have credence if Dak was responsible for making the schedule.

Ken

Reaction score
Since he has been in the league he has had two likely future Hall of Fame offensive lineman in Martin and Smith. Plus All Pros like Frederick. Most other quarterbacks have bad offensive lines for a few seasons. Much as people like to complain, whilst the line hasn't been as elite as 2016, it has always been a good line apart from ironically last season after Prescott got injured the team was down to their third string at times.
Receivers like Dez, Cooper, Lamb and Beasley. Useful tight ends in Witten and Schultz. Running backs in Zeke and Pollard. It is massively underated that he has generally always had a good running game.
In reality, this is a pointless discussion as we won't change each others thinking. I have made my point and appreciate you won't agree so no worries.

It just makes me laugh when people criticise someone like Josh Allen for only being good since he had Diggs ignoring that he has never had a good/very good offensive line or a quality running game. Allen has largely been their running game as the o line hasn't been good enough to establish an effective run game. Yet some alleviate Prescott to elite status ignoring receivers like Cooper and the running game at his disposal and when he plays badly and say Cooper didn't play then it's like well it's not his fault, yet most other quarterbacks endure far worse and often still get it done.

Dez was on the downside when Dak got him. His 52% catch percentage, bad route running and declining explosion were evident. Even though many didn't see it...i did and pointed it out. It was proven when Amari came here and simply clicked with Dak. Dak could count on crisp routes and explosion/seperation.

So it is a stretch to include Dez in a weapon convo for Dak. Dak was hamstrung having Dez as his #1 wr, imo. Also...listing Witten as some sort of weapon when he was little more than a catch and fall down guy for the last few years of his career is also a massive stretch.

If anyone had this advantage it was romo who has. prime witten and dez as well as a prime TO.

If nothing else, Dak had been hampered by a lack of explosive wr's until we got Coop.

Swagger

Reaction score
Here's another known expression for ya: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Your thread would have credence if Dak was responsible for making the schedule.
It isn't my thread.

So if a team consistently has a soft schedule it shouldn't be commented on?

Aulac

Reaction score
If anything you make cowboys fans look terrible. Can’t give credit where it’s due? He had a good *** game. Doesn’t matter who it’s against. Go join another teams forum if you want to **** over our quarterback so much.

He is trash, deadskin don't even have Young or Sweat and other defensive and offensive players. It like not having Parson and Gregory and receivers.

Aulac

Reaction score
We went most of the season without Lawrence, Gregory, Gallimore....nobody gave us excuses....we just went out there and won.

Doesn't matter if we have injuries, we have the most stacked roster and depth in the NFL. A few injuries isn't going to derail us. And every team have injuries. Rams lost Kupp and Bucs lost Godwin for the entire season, that more than any of our temporary injuries.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if we have injuries, we have the most stacked roster and depth in the NFL. A few injuries isn't going to derail us. And every team have injuries. Rams lost Kupp and Bucs lost Godwin for the entire season, that more than any of our temporary injuries.
Kupp has played every game this season you can’t be helped….