How many would take a pay cut?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not all about the money but it's basically the same job wherever they play and some states have a tax advantage, although Dallas is the worst in property taxes in the states with no income tax.

Most look at it as temporary so where they live while playing isn't that big of a deal and they realize it is a mercenary business. They're a potential hired gun while they play.

If one is a pragmatic realist, they should make as much in the time they're doing what they're doing because it is a profession. That ring only becomes important when they're looking to dot the I at the end of their career so they will take less money for that.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is to all the posters who want players to take a pay cut.

If your boss came up to you and said would you take a $4 an hour pay cut so he can hire a couple extra employees so that more work could get done more efficiently. But if you don't take a pay cut they will have to lay off a few employees. So who's taking that pay cut?

I understand some make less then others but I know some here make good money. So who's taking the pay cut?

This is for all the posters who want players to take a pay cuts for the greater good of the team, the same team that will eventually cut you to save money.

My job was road maintenance paying $32.64 an hour. I just transferred back to Toll Collector for $23.25 an hour.

I didn't do it for anyone else. I didn't do it for my employers. I did it because toll collecting is a much easier job and I just didn't need the extra money.

DanA

Reaction score
35m per year salary at Tampa Bay and 1m in endorsements, or 30m at Dallas and 6m in endorsements. I’d take Dallas every time.

lockster

Reaction score
The point is agreeing to take less than what you are worth to help the company/team

Nobody on here would do that, but yet are the loudest ones saying thats what Zeke should do
That's an arbitrary statement that first off, U have no evidence to support period. Secondly, I have done type of things many times over in my life I. Different scenarios to help others. I work for myself. And have helped widows , old ppl., Friends and family over and over again for free. I've been grossly underpaid for most jobs in my life. But helping others is about putting self aside for the good of others. This is taught in the biblical worldview, bit in the worldviews of most ppl. This isn't what's taught or followed, and that's why we have so many ppl. That think nothing but their own selfish gain. This world is going to hell, and selfishness is leading the way

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

If your boss came up to you and said would you take a $4 an hour pay cut so he can hire a couple extra employees so that more work could get done more efficiently. But if you don't take a pay cut they will have to lay off a few employees. So who's taking that pay cut?

I understand some make less then others but I know some here make good money. So who's taking the pay cut?

This is for all the posters who want players to take a pay cuts for the greater good of the team, the same team that will eventually cut you to save money.

If the boss wants me to take 500k less of of 1.5 mill I would consider it unless a manager's Job opens up at Kroger's.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Your analogy needs some work.
These guys your talking about are already millionaires, except for maybe dak.
They dont work for hourly pay or for thousands per year, or even hundreds of thousands per year.

And they are not taking a paycut ! It is all about how much of a pay increase they will get!

It also isnt about the team per say, but just taking a reasonable pay increase instead of asking for and increase that is way too high.
Elliot wants to be the highest paid RB ever, that is partly ego, not just about money.
Cooper made a good 1st impression, and now also wants top pay, how much I have no idea.
Dak is the most deserving, having worked 3 years for less than a mil a year, but what he is asking may be too high as well.

We dont know what the jones boys offered, or what the 3 are asking for, and it isnt just about the yearly avg, it is G money and other things.
So not knowing all the details I cant really judge which side is too high or too low or whatever .

But this is all about a pay increase, not a paycut. and the people involved are all millionaires.

But if I were elliot or cooper or dak, I would consider taking less than market value , if they did some things I wanted, like let me call my own plays lol.
That would be if I was dak, and for elliot, he could ask for less carries per year, something more in line with the avg.
And in the off chance it led to a SB ring, that means more money down the road for the rest of their careers , even after football.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How does wanting to get paid= not wanting to win?

Please explain that to me.

Last time that I checked (RIP NIP), Aaron Donald went to the Super Bowl after holding out and then receiving his historic deal....
Duh, because the team won’t be able to sign some of the other great young players they have. It’s simple.

JReed1000

Reaction score
You gotta love the few that act like they cant decipher *** he means. You all wanna get paid your worth. Shut up...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There's a bigger quality of life difference between earning $150,000 & $100,000 than there is between earning $15m & $10m.

So what? What's the magic number that you've decided is the tipping point where someone else's compensation is your personal business?

Bottom line is working for less than your co-workers when you believe/know you work harder and your work is worth more to the company, and giving up that money for someone else's job. The people who are dodging the question *cough* know the answer to it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does wanting to get paid= not wanting to win?

Please explain that to me.

Last time that I checked (RIP NIP), Aaron Donald went to the Super Bowl after holding out and then receiving his historic deal....

And Leveon Bell held out too and it cost him a year of pay. Some positions have more leverage than others. RB's have very little leverage b/c they can be replaced pretty quickly and cheaply.

RB's holding out with 2 years left on their contracts can only withhold their services in a vain attempts to derail the teams fortunes.

A classic example of a guy who chose money over winning was Demarco Murray. His move to philly was a disaster for his career, but he got paid. His choice.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if it was the main point you were arguing. It was still part of your argument and was a silly point to make. I think you realize that now hence why you want to say say it wasn’t a main point of yours.

You still typed it and said it so people can question it.
The point isnt silly at all. The point is just flying right over your head.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If I was lucky enough to play for the Cowboys you damn right I would take a pay cut. I don't care if I'm the greatest ever at my position, I would give the Cowboys a discount. Especially if it meant keeping my teammates.....

That's just me though

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Duh, because the team won’t be able to sign some of the other great young players they have. It’s simple.
Thats not his problem, simpleton.

Why doesnt every star player do what you homers want Zeke to do?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
There's a bigger quality of life difference between earning $150,000 & $100,000 than there is between earning $15m & $10m.

He said $4 hr pay cut so it sounds like somebody making $30K-$40K vs $10-$15 million. Anybody making less than $150K isn’t trying to take a pay cut for anybody.

Now if I’m taking a great deal of physical abuse I might not take much of a pay cut either, maybe $13 million instead of 15, but not 10. I will likely need medical assistance when I get old in that scenario...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Thats not his problem, simpleton.

Why doesnt every star player do what you homers want Zeke to do?
You asked me to explain so I explained it to you. The fact you didn’t like the answer is on you. By the way, everyone of the recent contracts handed out by the Cowboys have been beneficial to both the player and the team. But I get it that you’re a “me, me, me” person.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Kind of a ridiculous comparison.....WIth regards to Zeke, is he being asked to take a paycut because I seemed to have missed that........you might want to have taken the point that a company is giving a raise to every employee but can only afford a $10 raise instead of a $15 raise, now I can give you a $15 raise but I'm going to have to layoff 20% of the work force to fit the companies yearly budget, so will you take a $10 raise and keep everyone working or $15 raise and I'll lay off 20% of the workforce including you.....The league has a salary cap to work under, just like any other business, and to fit everyone under that budget constraints, everyone has to make a compromise or face layoffs....now I know I rather take a little less in a less taxed state instead of maybe getting everything I want and getting gouged in a state like New York that is a high income taxed state......

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You asked me to explain so I explained it to you. The fact you didn’t like the answer is on you. By the way, everyone of the recent contracts handed out by the Cowboys have been beneficial to both the player and the team. But I get it that you’re a “me, me, me” person.
Keep this same energy for when Dakota is making over $30m a season