How many would take a pay cut?

John813

Reaction score
This analogy doesn't work.

Dallas isn't asking Zeke, Dak or Amari to take a paycut. Zeke is making 3.8mil this year, they aren't offering him a deal that would drop his salary to 3.4mil.

This is simply contract negotiations these players asking for a big raise and the team is countering at a lower amount.
For example, Zeke is asking for 15mil per year, with 75% guarantees.
The management is countering at 13.5mil, with 70% guaranteed.

That's not a pay cut. Simply because his pay was never 15mil per to begin with.

Sean Lee took a paycut.

Furthermore, we are talking about players who will earn millions compared to most who make 5 figures. Gas still cost the same, and so does a gallon of milk for a millionaire or someone on minimum wage.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats not his problem, simpleton.

Why doesnt every star player do what you homers want Zeke to do?

We want Zeke to honor his contract so our favorite football team has the best opportunity to win now and plan for the future. That my agenda. What the heck is yours?

aikemirv

Reaction score
This is to all the posters who want players to take a pay cut.

If your boss came up to you and said would you take a $4 an hour pay cut so he can hire a couple extra employees so that more work could get done more efficiently. But if you don't take a pay cut they will have to lay off a few employees. So who's taking that pay cut?

I understand some make less then others but I know some here make good money. So who's taking the pay cut?

This is for all the posters who want players to take a pay cuts for the greater good of the team, the same team that will eventually cut you to save money.

Everybody who works in business makes less for the good of the "team". Otherwise the job would not get done because you would not have people doing all the jobs!

And guess what, a lot of workers are forced into retirement or let go when they are older.

Got anything else?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel just a little stupider after reading this thread

Pay cuts

.please

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You gonna be a proud pappa when Dak is cashing those checks? Yeah Dak! Go get your money......hehhe....thats my boy. He so rich and I told em.

:facepalm:
Bro my dislike for Dakota knows no bounds.

Im just pointing out hypocrisy by the homers. All summer we have heard “Dak deserves xxx because hes better than Wentz”, yet Zeke is probably the best back in the league and they want him to take less

D3W1ox_X4AIEHPx.jpg

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We want Zeke to honor his contract so our favorite football team has the best opportunity to win now and plan for the future. That my agenda. What the heck is yours?
Thats not the argument

The argument is for him to take less money

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand. But that’s not the issue that confronts us. We shouldn’t get too tangled up in the business of the NFL. It is what it is.

My agenda is fielding the best team we can. Does that include Elliott or not ?

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I'd take a $4 an hour pay cut...............................................................If I was making $174 dollars an hour

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Pay cut? How about exploring taking less of an increase by evaluating one's current situation and conducting an opportunity cost analysis with going for more money in a different city?
  • State Income Tax?
  • Culture of Competing for a Title?
  • Talent on Team?
  • Self Promotion/Marketing Opportunities?
  • Team Facilities, Player Care and Services?
  • Family Situation?
  • Quality of Life?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand. But that’s not the issue that confronts us. We shouldn’t get too tangled up in the business of the NFL. It is what it is.

My agenda is fielding the best team we can. Does that include Elliott or not ?

It includes Elliot, but you can't say at ANY price. You don't have to near sighted to be a fan.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
I say a better scenario would be, if your employer asked you to take a $1 pay raise instead of a $5 raise...to help make sure all the other valuable employees got to stay, would you do it? And I dang sure wouldn't

Is anyone being asked to settle for 20% of the market compensation? A real apples to apples comparison is if your employer asked you to take a new salary of $600,000 rather than a new salary of $650,000...and your current salary is $30.000.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats not the argument

The argument is for him to take less money

Ok. Lets say he was offered a contract that would make him one of the top 5 paid rbs in football 2 years before his current deal expires. How is that taking less money? Is the team supposed to pretend like he's not under contract for 2 more years and treat him like an UFA?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ok. Lets say he was offered a contract that would make him one of the top 5 paid rbs in football 2 years before his current deal expires. How is that taking less money? Is the team supposed to pretend like he's not under contract for 2 more years and treat him like an UFA?
By him taking a little less he will be 2 years younger when the contract is up and he seems to stay healthy. He will likely get another contract or we may actually extend him again before the contract is up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not up to us to decide the price. It’s ownership decision. Then we can critique the decision.

We should not even be having this debate b/c Zeke is not an UFA. So, b/c the player forced the issue , we all get to talk about it. I'm not setting his price. Its already in his contract.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By him taking a little less he will be 2 years younger when the contract is up and he seems to stay healthy. He will likely get another contract or we may actually extend him again before the contract is up.

He's already rejected the offer, according SJ.