How many years do we give Dak?

Didache

Reaction score
A funny thing happened to Daks season this year. After the first 8 games he was 5 -3 win/loss and if memory serves, his top two receivers were Cole Beasley and Jason Witten. Not Dez.

Then for some reason Dak stopped throwing to his top two receivers and started throwing “at” Dez. Beasley is quick and had at least one or two 2 TD games. He is small and if not used well could disappear in a crowd. Witten is close if not past retirement age, but so is Dez, really.

Dez should go in a trade and Witten should be given the opportunity to retire as a cowboy at the end of this season. What the Boys need is a tight end in the mode of a Graham or Gronk. Fresh legs.

noyatta21

Reaction score
Let's be real, Dallas will not be spending a premium pick on a quarterback. There is also no chance that we chase Kirk Cousins.

Washington gave up on RG3 only two years after his Rookie of the Year season. Philly dumped Foles just one year after posting a 27-2 line. Patience does sometimes work. Jacksonville stuck with Bortles and he has seemed to find himself in his 4th season.

How many many repeat seasons will this front office give Dak before they decide he is not the answer?

Maybe a better question, who is gone first - Garrett or Dak?
How many years did we give Romo????

conner01

Reaction score
I'd give him till his contract is up....then decide if he's progressed enough to be the franchise qb or not!
And that’s likely to be what happens. Fans are ready to cut much faster than teams are

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You post something wrong. Someone points out your mistake.
You blame that person because you meant something else and everyone should be a mind reader and should have known what you really meant. Sound just like what your hero JG would do. Talk about being stupid.
I didn't post nothing wrong you're just not smart regarding this. My post is in reference to another post talking about the whole season and changes but you and these not smart people dapping it trying to make it about individual games. I blame you because unless you're an esol student you should be able to see context going by other post. In this case yes you are expletive right I'm blaming you unless like I said English isn't your first language. Im smarter than you so I'm cool with that even though that isn't saying much because if you're anything like these last post you are destined to be a worker bee your whole life.

Zman5

Reaction score
I didn't post nothing wrong you're just not smart regarding this. My post is in reference to another post talking about the whole season and changes but you and these not smart people dapping it trying to make it about individual games. I blame you because unless you're an esol student you should be able to see context going by other post. In this case yes you are expletive right I'm blaming you unless like I said English isn't your first language. Im smarter than you so I'm cool with that even though that isn't saying much because if you're anything like these last post you are destined to be a worker bee your whole life.

JG is that you? LOL. You should run for office. You seem to be good at blaming others for your mistakes and making excuses.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger question is if Jerry couldn’t build a championship team around Romo why do we think he will with Dak??

kumizi

Reaction score
A funny thing happened to Daks season this year. After the first 8 games he was 5 -3 win/loss and if memory serves, his top two receivers were Cole Beasley and Jason Witten. Not Dez.

Then for some reason Dak stopped throwing to his top two receivers and started throwing “at” Dez. Beasley is quick and had at least one or two 2 TD games. He is small and if not used well could disappear in a crowd. Witten is close if not past retirement age, but so is Dez, really.

Dez should go in a trade and Witten should be given the opportunity to retire as a cowboy at the end of this season. What the Boys need is a tight end in the mode of a Graham or Gronk. Fresh legs.
“Some reason” is that other teams also watch the game tape. Beas has either been double teamed or guarded by the opponents best cover guy almost all year.

Meanwhile Dez has been single covered by average corners like Shaquille Griffin. They know Dez can’t beat them deep. Witten and Beas run 3 yard routes. One penalty or one stuffed run and our drives are over since our receivers can’t beat anyone down the field.

Dak not being very good just exacerbates the bigger problem.

Zman5

Reaction score
I make 6 mill a year while you don't make close to that so guess its better to be dumb than you. Clap clap

As I said before, you should lay off of whatever illegal substance you're sniffing.

Zman5

Reaction score
Even though this guy is a Deadskins fan, he's spot on when it comes to what Dak is good/bad at in this video. What baffles me is, the pocket presence Dak showed last year was not there this year.

If Dak doesn't improve some of his weakness next year, we need to move on after next year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I have a hard time reading how this staff feels about Prescott.

Garrett is a disgusting roll the QB under the bus type anyways, so I ignore him.

I think the likes of Linehan and Wilson are the real concern.

All I can say is that they really put too much on him this year.

And it was not just after Elliott was gone. I think they tried to turn him into Romo power plus from the first snap of the year.

Prescott is not capable of doing that. But he had freedom to audible all year and just fizzle.

Part of that was due to the Elliott uncertainty, but I hope they understand why and don't just chalk it up as an excuse.

Zordon

Reaction score
He deserves next season with a top rated QB right next to him. The problem I see with Dak is his anticipation. He has no anticipation and trust for his QB skills and he'd better learn it quickly before the 2018 season. When a guy is running a route, you have to anticipate him being where he needs to be and let it fly before he gets there. He has to trust this part of QBing and he doesn't.

This is what they mean when they say, throw a WR open. There was a crossing route I saw that had a receiver crossing the middle with two LBS shallow, he held up the ball because he didn't trust himself to get it over those LBs and before the receivers hit the second array of safeties, so he tucked it, tried to run but all areas were closed so he tossed it out to Zeke (over thrown) pick 6. But your coaches have to coach that into him, throw it before anyone can react. If you're a coach, you have to coach. If they are coaching him to do these things yet he just can't do it, then it's time to move on from him.
Everything you're describing is going to be extremely difficult to learn in one offseason. I think some of what you are describing has to come naturally to the player. The fact that the coaches were not able to stop the bleeding with Dak this season does not bode well for next year IMO. I almost want to win the final game vs the Eagles w/ a quality performance from Dak just so he gains some confidence going into next season.