How many years do we give Dak?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Our 1st/2nd I'm assuming. I wouldn't be against it if it were the BPA at all. Why can't we be the team with the good predicament and gain picks if both turn out to be players? I know picks are a premium, but so is the QB position. Rather get it right than be a team like WAS who has Cousins teasing them with good play every other game/season. We're giving Jaylon QB development time as is, nothing against him and the bad hand he was dealt, etc Why not a good young QB prosect just the same. I'm personally scared of Dak's accuracy but saw him be on the spot his rookie year, so know it's i him when he gets his feet set and is confident with his reads.

Dak has missed too many throws this year, but the accuracy is still there. Look back at that flea-flicker against the Raiders last week. He hit Terrance Williams right in the hands some 40-plus yards downfield and Williams dropped it. And he hit Dez right in stride yesterday, and Bryant tips it in the air and it gets picked off.

Prescott will never be a super-accurate quarterback, but is Cam Newton? If this offense gets back to doing what it does best instead of trying to turn Dak into something he's not, maybe some fans will get off his case.

Zman5

Reaction score
Lay off the drugs my man. Single games don't make a whole season. Now if you want to be obtuse to win an online discussion you can have it but we know good and expletive well I didn't mean one dang game when I posted what I posted. Using your honeslty bad logic on this Brady needs new coaches because even he's had bad games.

You posted "Why Romo never looked this bad with the same coaching then since it's no coincidence?" and I gave you examples of times when he did due to JG's crappy system..

It's obvious you are a JG fanboi. That alone should be a good reason to lay off of whatever you are sniffing.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Dak has missed too many throws this year, but the accuracy is still there. Look back at that flea-flicker against the Raiders last week. He hit Terrance Williams right in the hands some 40-plus yards downfield and Williams dropped it. And he hit Dez right in stride yesterday, and Bryant tips it in the air and it gets picked off.

Prescott will never be a super-accurate quarterback, but is Cam Newton? If this offense gets back to doing what it does best instead of trying to turn Dak into something he's not, maybe some fans will get off his case.
Everything you said was true but I am admittedly biased to wanting a more pure passer even if Dak can be accurate (astonishingly so at times as you said) but also can miss the easier throws (usually high or from not anticipating a route's development) that could move the chains; this is where a new threat at TE can open this offense.

In reference to drafting another QB early, I jus figure, how could it hurt the team if he also turns out to be a good QB where we could even leverage Dak into a cheaper extension if we are even sold on him at that point, etc. QB tbd turns bust, we've been there anyway (Carter, Escobar, Julius Jones, Jalyon tbd) and outside of WR/TE/LB, the team is pretty solid looking forward; there is FA but the FO plays dumb in that regard every year.

I believe the short passing/PA deep passing confines you in the passing game though it has shown to work with Russell bf he developed and wouldn't mind a pure pocket passer who opens the whole field similar to Wentz/Goff and or passer similar to TR's style of play/Roethlisberger/Rodgers, etc. With Zeke, we'll be run heavy, we could kill teams with an accurate deep/mid range passer but if Dak's issues continue into next season, we'll just have teams with 9 in the box.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The best deal is a 4/60m new deal after 2018....... all 60m gtd

It is one year early but below AAY

Galian Beast

Reaction score
For a seven-week period, ignoring Washington and New York (Giants) for a moment as they are the 29th and 26th (tied) ranked scoring defenses in the league, where Dak hasn't had ANY touchdowns...

Even if you include Washington and New York (who are as established earlier, terrible), he has only had 5 touchdowns in 7 weeks. In the same period, he has 9 interceptions.

You can extend this another couple of weeks and you can see that the numbers remain really poor with 7 touchdowns in 9 weeks, without passing for a touchdown in 6 of the 9 weeks...

Prescott is a bottom of the barrel quarterback, plain and simple.

BigWillie

Reaction score
This could not go in the 23 other threads about Dak, people we want to see let go, etc,?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I'd give him 1 more season. I'd really like for us to draft a QB incase Dak really fails. I like Dak, I really want him to succeed. I don't blame him 100% for the struggles we've had this season on offense. Most of it wasn't his fault.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
For a seven-week period, ignoring Washington and New York (Giants) for a moment as they are the 29th and 26th (tied) ranked scoring defenses in the league, where Dak hasn't had ANY touchdowns...

Even if you include Washington and New York (who are as established earlier, terrible), he has only had 5 touchdowns in 7 weeks. In the same period, he has 9 interceptions.

You can extend this another couple of weeks and you can see that the numbers remain really poor with 7 touchdowns in 9 weeks, without passing for a touchdown in 6 of the 9 weeks...

Prescott is a bottom of the barrel quarterback, plain and simple.

On XMAS DAY. You have a lot of hate in your heart to start this thead today. S A D...........

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You posted "Why Romo never looked this bad with the same coaching then since it's no coincidence?" and I gave you examples of times when he did due to JG's crappy system..

It's obvious you are a JG fanboi. That alone should be a good reason to lay off of whatever you are sniffing.
Like I said obtuse to win an Internet debate. Lay off the drugs