How much are you paying CeeDee?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I guess the question to be answered....is he worth more than Cheeta ($30M+). Just my take but 3 months ago I would said no but I think the new salary cap impact his value as it will all positions. Not that I agree but I think it's going to take $31-33M.

BTW.....For fans critical of players' salaries, just remember under the CBA they get 49% of revenues. So the huge bump on the recent salary cap means the owners/teams are making a killing also but they have to share it with the players.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ceedee-lamb-47611/market-value/

Here are the top WRs' salaries .........T Hill is the highest paid at $30M
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/sort-value/wide-receiver/limit-100/

Jerry's comment on his contract

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think this team has a choice. Could ask NE or AZ if they want to give us their 1st round pick for him. Highly unlikely.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Depends is baby gonna man up in the playoffs and win something or is he gonna throw another baby tantrum and mess his diaper again.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess the question to be answered....is he worth more than Cheeta ($30M+). Just my take but 3 months ago I would said no but I think the new salary cap impact his value as it will all positions. Not that I agree but I think it's going to take $31-33M.

BTW.....For fans critical of players' salaries, just remember under the CBA they get 49% of revenues. So the huge bump on the recent salary cap means the owners/teams are making a killing also but they have to share it with the players.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ceedee-lamb-47611/market-value/

Here are the top WRs' salaries .........T Hill is the highest paid at $30M
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/sort-value/wide-receiver/limit-100/

Jerry's comment on his contract

meaning he wants JEFFERSON and his team to set the gauge!!

Creeper

Reaction score
First I want to state how much I hate the salary CAP. It penalizes teams that draft well and helps teams that draft poorly. If the draft is going to be such a huge NFL event, like they have turned it into, then it should be treated differently within the salary CAP rules.

Having said that, we are where we are so now every team must deal with this escalating contracts which are increasing at a pace I am not sure anyone expected. Tyreek Hill got $30 million per year, but that was before the TV contracts kicked in. The players are going to take advantage of the bump in the salary CAP this year by holding out for more money. I don't want to pay CeeDee $31 million a year, but I think it will take between $31MM and $34 million to sign him. $35 million would not surprise me at all. The question is how much of that will be guaranteed, how much will come in annual roster bonuses, etc.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First I want to state how much I hate the salary CAP. It penalizes teams that draft well and helps teams that draft poorly. If the draft is going to be such a huge NFL event, like they have turned it into, then it should be treated differently within the salary CAP rules.

Having said that, we are where we are so now every team must deal with this escalating contracts which are increasing at a pace I am not sure anyone expected. Tyreek Hill got $30 million per year, but that was before the TV contracts kicked in. The players are going to take advantage of the bump in the salary CAP this year by holding out for more money. I don't want to pay CeeDee $31 million a year, but I think it will take between $31MM and $34 million to sign him. $35 million would not surprise me at all. The question is how much of that will be guaranteed, how much will come in annual roster bonuses, etc.
that's fine, then in about 2 years into the deal he'll have a slump and we'll say he wasn't worth it, but this is the nature of the business and how the deals are going up! Not our money, just gives us something to complain/debate about!!!! ;)

perrykemp

Reaction score
I think they should resign him and he deserves top dollar, however, also cognizant that teams like the Chiefs and Packers both decided to trade away their top tier WRs in Hill and Adams instead of paying them Top 2-3 WR money and both have made it work.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they should resign him and he deserves top dollar, however, also cognizant that teams like the Chiefs and Packers both decided to trade away their top tier WRs in Hill and Adams instead of paying them Top 2-3 WR money and both have made it work.
we also have more cap space with the boost, so what would really be our reason to not sign him. Trade him, has he done something bad to warrant a trade, we're not in that bad of need to save money