How Much Do You Pay Per Month For Your Smartphone Bill?

JDSmith

Reaction score
I have MetroPCS too. It's $40 for "unlimited" 4G LTE but it throttles you down to 2G after I think 500 MB of data. The $60 plan (which I have) is truly unlimited.

They changed the plans, you now get 2 gigs before they throttle you. It used to be 500 megs, but they have updated it twice in about the last 6 months.

Ren

Reaction score
260 a month for 3 phones and 1 tablet unlimited talk and text and 10gb data to share. At&t

jrumann59

Reaction score
185 for two smart phones, mine is the old AT&T unlimited data, wife has 2gb of data. Still on the old rollover plan, and unlimited texting.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
$170ish on T-Mobile. Though I'm still paying off my Note 4 at that price, so a bit cheaper.

Unlimited everything for 2 phones. Text/Talk/Data

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
$80, Unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data with Verizon.

I used to pay $90 for 450 minutes, 4GB, and no text. My family kept sending entire family group text messages (and everyone kept responding for days!) which started to cost me $15-$20 month. So I called Verizon and *****ed and they changed it to the plan listed above.

I am going to ditch Verizon in August once my contract is up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are nuts for paying that much. My wife and two kids are on T-Mobile. Three lines with unlimited talk, text, and data for $105/month. Paying $170+ is bat-**** crazy.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are nuts for paying that much. My wife and two kids are on T-Mobile. Three lines with unlimited talk, text, and data for $105/month. Paying $170+ is bat-**** crazy.

3 Smart phones at unlimited everything for $105/month?

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I'm with Red. You should look to see if they've got better options. For a year, I paid more than what I should have, because I didn't realize they changed plan options and my plan was way more pricier than the current plans.

I know. It's all such a crock.

Jenky

Reaction score
$80, Unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data with Verizon.

I used to pay $90 for 450 minutes, 4GB, and no text. My family kept sending entire family group text messages (and everyone kept responding for days!) which started to cost me $15-$20 month. So I called Verizon and *****ed and they changed it to the plan listed above.

I am going to ditch Verizon in August once my contract is up.

I have a single line plan with Verizon

$65.10 total with all taxes/surcharges included.

2 GB LTE data
Unlimited txt
Unlimited talk

I think I renegotiated my plan when the major carriers were undercutting each other last year.

I'm always looking to see if they have better deals though.

Jenky

Reaction score
I'm with Red. You should look to see if they've got better options. For a year, I paid more than what I should have, because I didn't realize they changed plan options and my plan was way more pricier than the current plans.

Competition causes them to scale back on prices or give you more data. That's why I constantly check between the major carriers.

Also, you don't get text message stating your next bill amount? Man.. if that my bill goes up, I'm hopping onto my verizon account to find out why!

Ren

Reaction score

I'm still paying off 2 galaxy 5s and 1 note 4, it will be considerably less once those are payed

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Most of that is because they're paying retail prices for brand new phones and financing it through their carrier. That, and people don't like change. They're afraid of the hassle of switching.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yup... They got me for a few years like that.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
republic.com

30 bucks a month. unlimited everything. 3G. NO contract. quit when you want. change plan with no charges.

Gotta buy a phone but it's paid for in a couple months relative to your current phone bill.

Some of you guys could buy several phones with what you're paying.

Wood

Reaction score
$160 for two lines. Tmobile. Includes Iphone 6 plus (wife) and nexus 5 for me. Bill seems high.

Wood

Reaction score
Dam. Does anyone have prices on bundling?
Just internet and TV?

sure do. $30 for indoor antenna for free HDTV network channels. $7.99 month for netflix. $8 month for amazon prime. $66 month for internet via comcast. That "bundle" cost me $984 year. I used to pay $2,700 year for triple play. Here is the kicker...we watch more tv now.