How much is too much to pay Dak?

KingRah

Reaction score
No thanks.

Not paying Brisset $20mn+ a season to come in and take over for Dak.
smh. Did you think before you typed that? The purpose of getting a replacement is to pay less for the same production.
J Brissett played as well last year as Sak has played this year and without this line or Zeke.
You can get Brissett for 9 million a year for 3 years and prove a point. That's three years to develop a qb unless Brissett plays how I expect him to play. The bottom line, Sak isn't worth that much and you can make a statement that could change the league forever. Imagine bus drivers like Sak, A Smith, and Keenum getting 11-15 million per instead of 20. That'll help your salary cap a lot.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
smh. Did you think before you typed that? The purpose of getting a replacement is to pay less for the same production.
J Brissett played as well last year as Sak has played this year and without this line or Zeke.
You can get Brissett for 9 million a year for 3 years and prove a point. That's three years to develop a qb unless Brissett plays how I expect him to play. The bottom line, Sak isn't worth that much and you can make a statement that could change the league forever. Imagine bus drivers like Sak, A Smith, and Keenum getting 11-15 million per instead of 20. That'll help your salary cap a lot.
No thanks.

HanD

Reaction score
My DArkhorse replacement is J Brissett. He has a bigger arm than Sak too.

if dak isn't the guy, i rather not pay brissett or bridgewater. those guys will win you some more games but it won't help you find your qb of the future. to me you either have to grin and bear a toilet season to get your qb or you have a guy you think you can win with. dak is more winnable compared to those guys imo. i don't think he's worth more than 20 but looking at his numbers and market rate, he'll get it imo. that's why i think you try to keep the signing bonus low so that you can cut bait at any time.

Reaction score
Well we can replace him for less and get the same performance or better. Bridgewater can do at last the same thing with this line and Zeke.

I agree and that's where I would be heading with it. Jerry nor Cowboys fans should be emotionally invested in this. The fact of the matter is we can get similar play from several free agents, Bridewater being the key. I would be ok going to 18 or 19 million, but like you said 3 years. I'm not willing to sign him for more than 3.

KingRah

Reaction score
I agree and that's where I would be heading with it. Jerry nor Cowboys fans should be emotionally invested in this. The fact of the matter is we can get similar play from several free agents, Bridewater being the key. I would be ok going to 18 or 19 million, but like you said 3 years. I'm not willing to sign him for more than 3.
I truly believe if he left, he’d gave less success. They can get away with a deal like that. Draft a qb in 2020 and get teddy, or j Brisett for two years.

jsb357

Reaction score
4 years 80 mill is what he will get

at this point he's worth about half that

Reaction score
That’ll be as stupid as Jerry send Vander Esch to the bench when Lee returns.

Sadly neither would surprise me, I still maintain a sliver of hope though. I think most of us do or we would have tuned out years ago, LOL.

KingRah

Reaction score
Sadly neither would surprise me, I still maintain a sliver of hope though. I think most of us do or we would have tuned out years ago, LOL.
If we go through what we went through I. The campo, years, I’ll leave until they fix. It’s my way of punishing them for stupidity. Overpaying a bus driver and handicapping your team secures mediocrity for multiple years.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
4 years 80 mill is what he will get

at this point he's worth about half that

I disagree. No way he is only worth 10m a season. He is worth around 14-15m a year. Dak has made key clutch plays in helping us win games, he has Romoesque moves but he has the body for the beating Romo took. He has also made mistakes, but if he hadn’t made those mistakes he would be worth elite money.

KingRah

Reaction score
I disagree. No way he is only worth 10m a season. He is worth around 14-15m a year. Dak has made key clutch plays in helping us win games, he has Romoesque moves but he has the body for the beating Romo took. He has also made mistakes, but if he hadn’t made those mistakes he would be worth elite money.
all false. If he had the exact same career and stats while playing for the Eagles, we'd ALL say he was trash.
Hes a solid qb. His actual worth as 10 million a year mostly because of character and running ability. Because he's a starting qb, he'll demand more. We have a chance to get him for 19 million.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
all false. If he had the exact same career and stats while playing for the Eagles, we'd ALL say he was trash.
Hes a solid qb. His actual worth as 10 million a year mostly because of character and running ability. Because he's a starting qb, he'll demand more. We have a chance to get him for 19 million.

So not true. Everyone loves Wentz and Dak throws up the same type of numbers. He puts up numbers like Alex Smith also who has a base salary of 13m-15m-16m the next 3 years. That is what Dak is worth AND you add incentives to bring his money to 20m+ depending on how good he plays.

KingRah

Reaction score
So not true. Everyone loves Wentz and Dak throws up the same type of numbers. He puts up numbers like Alex Smith also who has a base salary of 13m-15m-16m the next 3 years. That is what Dak is worth AND you add incentives to bring his money to 20m+ depending on how good he plays.
How 300 yard games has sak had this year? How many 3 td games has sak had this year?

DcFootball4

Reaction score
How 300 yard games has sak had this year? How many 3 td games has sak had this year?

Dude, idc to be honest. He has gotten the job done with a strong D backing him up. He has also done quite a bit to lead us to victory with his ability to make something out of nothing. It doesn’t matter how he acquired the stats, it just matters that he has them. That’s like saying an INT from a QB error isn’t the same as a pick because the CB shutdown the WR... a pick is a pick.