How Much Money Would Jerry Jones Lose If He Stepped Down As GM?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not a fan of Jerry Jones (understatement) but the greed argument that is forever posted is, well, something else. Can someone answer the following IF Jones was only an owner and no longer a general manager?
  • How much money would Jones lose in stadium attendance sales?
  • How much money would Jones lose in team apparel sales?
  • How much money would Jones lose in sponsorships?
  • How much money would Jones lose in stadium concessions sales?
  • How much money would Jones lose in naming rights?
  • How much money would Jones lose in non-NFL stadium event sales?
Jones has a net worth in excess of $4.3 BILLION in Comstock Resources and Arkoma stock and private gas holdings alone (link). I said alone. Not one penny of it is tied up with the tickets, jerseys, caps or 12-ounce Miller Lite sales. So, a bonus question:

How much money would Jones lose in revenue outside the stadium, real estate, the league, etc.? You know. IF he ever went back to primarily being WHAT HE WAS before he kicked Jimmy Johnson to the curb? Back before he validated the self-belief he was the smartest general manager the NFL has ever seen?

I stole the following from a fellow member:

Please give me your thoughts.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
His ego simply would not allow for this.

Winning in football, especially at the highest level, requires incredible dedication and sacrifice.

Jerry will not sacrifice his ego and his business dealings means he cannot dedicate the time that a GM must to improve the roster.

So, when he says there is nothing he wouldn't do to win another championship, know that he is lying. He's not trying to "win his way" or "win on his terms". He is simply being untruthful.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He wouldn't lose anything. Stephen would just officially take the title over. All of you who hate Jerry need to realize nothing will change when he dies. Stephen just picks up where he leaves off.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His ego simply would not allow for this.

Winning in football, especially at the highest level, requires incredible dedication and sacrifice.

Jerry will not sacrifice his ego and his business dealings means he cannot dedicate the time that a GM must to improve the roster.

So, when he says there is nothing he wouldn't do to win another championship, know that he is lying. He's not trying to "win his way" or "win on his terms". He is simply being untruthful.
He is only lying if he does not believe he is not the best person for the job. Narcissists believe they are.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not a fan of Jerry Jones (understatement) but the greed argument that is forever posted is, well, something else. Can someone answer the following IF Jones was only an owner and no longer a general manager?
Jones has a net worth in excess of $4.3 BILLION in Comstock Resources and Arkoma stock and private gas holdings alone (link). I said alone. Not one penny of it is tied up with the tickets, jerseys, caps or 12-ounce Miller Lite sales. So, a bonus question:

How much money would Jones lose in revenue outside the stadium, real estate, the league, etc.? You know. IF he ever went back to primarily being WHAT HE WAS before he kicked Jimmy Johnson to the curb? Back before he validated the self-belief he was the smartest general manager the NFL has ever seen?

This was never about MONEY period!
It's about feeding Jerry's massive EGO and Jerry playing with his favorite Toy the Dallas Cowboys.
Take the cameras away and Jerry is a sad man.
We are just spectators watching him play.................

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wouldn't lose anything. Stephen would just officially take the title over. All of you who hate Jerry need to realize nothing will change when he dies. Stephen just picks up where he leaves off.
Personally, I blame Jerry Jones for what he is responsible for. Stephen Jones can receive equal, more or less blame for what he is responsible for if-and-when he takes over from his father.

That said, the guy is conducting team press conferences at rodeos. So your prediction appears air-tight unless proven otherwise.

leeblair

Reaction score

Jerry isn't worried about the money.
I think David Carr said it: In Dallas, Jerry Jones is the star, as opposed to other franchises where the players get all of the attention.
Jerry wants the attention.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was never about MONEY period!
It's about feeding Jerry's massive EGO and Jerry playing with his favorite Toy the Dallas Cowboys.
I agree but some argue Jones would only get out of his own way mismanaging the team by hitting him in the wallet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry isn't worried about the money.
I think David Carr said it: In Dallas, Jerry Jones is the star, as opposed to other franchises where the players get all of the attention.
Jerry wants the attention.
Dang it. I agree.

Is Lucy charging more than five cents for private therapy nowadays? I feel the need to book a session with her. Like today, lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't be surprised if the team is sold before he passes away.
This is his baby and I'm pretty sure he sees it that way.
I doubt it. His appointing family to head his front office for decades--and sticking with them--indicates he wants his legacy to outlive him. Human beings have always demonstrated that desire by passing down personal possessions to family.