How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s funny how Daks horrible performance is now because the D didn’t score and carry him, what you want is a D that’s only gives up 9 points a game and if you have that you don’t have to pay 50 million or more for a QB who only plays well for 6 minutes in a playoff game. Spin anyway you want Dak was the QB who spearheaded the most embarrassing playoff game in Cowboys history.
No not at all. It is not funny to have arguable the worst defensive performance in NFL playoff history.

Brax

Reaction score
No not at all. It is not funny to have arguable the worst defensive performance in NFL playoff history.
Show some facts on that. So scoring 16 points through 3 quarters and being responsible for 14 points for GB was the D fault, 3 and out Dak when he wasn’t throwing a int or pick 6 had nothing to do with it. Just say it Dak sucked and the D didn’t have a chance.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Show some facts on that. So scoring 16 points through 3 quarters and being responsible for 14 points for GB was the D fault, 3 and out Dak when he wasn’t throwing a int or pick 6 had nothing to do with it. Just say it Dak sucked and the D didn’t have a chance.
He threw 1 pick six. Throwing an int does not automatically translate to 7 points. Mahomes threw an int and his defense responded with a 3 and out.

Giving up 6 TD's in a row is on heard of.

Down 27-7 at the half. Then 27-10 after opening drive in Q3 our D gives up 3 TD's in a row to help get us back in the game.

leeblair

Reaction score
He threw 1 pick six. Throwing an int does not automatically translate to 7 points. Mahomes threw an int and his defense responded with a 3 and out.

Down 27-7 at the half. Then 27-10 after opening drive in Q3 our D gives up 3 TD's in a row to help get us back in the game.
Dak threw one pick six, but he also threw a pick at his own 18, while producing nothing.
The defense knew - as did Cee Dee Lamb, apparently- that they weren't going anywhere as long as Dak Prescott was quarterback.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak threw one pick six, but he also threw a pick at his own 18, while producing nothing.
The defense knew - as did Cee Dee Lamb, apparently- that they weren't going anywhere as long as Dak Prescott was quarterback.
I agree so the quit.

kskboys

Reaction score

Not w/ Jerry-build teams. Don't forget, Jerry had the D a few years ago that failed to make the other team punt even one time in a game. Don't you remember the worst D ever?

kskboys

Reaction score
Or if you want to be accurate, just say both Dak and the D sucked.

Brax

Reaction score
D showed up for ZERO a minutes.
No, what was the score take away Daks 2 gifts at halftime. So you want a D to hold the opposing team to 10 points or less, hate to tell you that’s not how the team was built. Number one O against the dregs middle of the road against better teams. I know the D should have scored a few TDs to help out the unprepared O and the QB who looked lost yet again. Don’t worry he will get better, he’s in the best shape of his career and after 8 seasons he’s finally understanding the offense, his words, it’s a championship he works for he doesn’t play for money. Lmao

Chasing6

Reaction score
No, what was the score take away Daks 2 gifts at halftime. So you want a D to hold the opposing team to 10 points or less, hate to tell you that’s not how the team was built. Number one O against the dregs middle of the road against better teams. I know the D should have scored a few TDs to help out the unprepared O and the QB who looked lost yet again. Don’t worry he will get better, he’s in the best shape of his career and after 8 seasons he’s finally understanding the offense, his words, it’s a championship he works for he doesn’t play for money. Lmao
You want a D that gives up 6 TD's in a row???

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Sports Media turn their flags to whatever brings them clicks. To whatever they think it sells to the masses because it Hits an emotional nerve.

It has nothing to do with reality, facts pr even the truth. Just the way free market and unregulated capitalism works. Nobody cares about facts, they are not interessting to the grey mass. Emotional stuff sells. See fox and so on....

I would have loved to start my post with IMO but very sadly those are facts.
Somewhat true. I think this is factual from a cynical point of view. There are definitely professionals who won't sell their souls for clicks/likes/views...and even those folks have started to beat the drum that Dak is "nice" BUT he's a failure. Yes...some carnival barkers were already bashing Dak ...but even some of the serious, non-color analysts are effectively recognizing Dak as a choker. I mean, Is Tom Brady part of the media that is desperate or is he saying what he really thinks of Dak? How about Kurt Warner?

Again, I see your point...but it's a bit too cynical.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I agree his postseason play has not been good. But I’m one of the few here that are smart enough to understand why. There’s only a handful of us.
"If ever you look around and find you are the smartest person in the room - LEAVE."

Those who know...know why.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Deep down I KNOW I’m right. You just are unable to comprehend why.
This is called faith. "I know I'm right"...is a self-fulfilling prophecy!!!

I mean who better to judge your objectivity than your own ego...

...in reality our ego is the WORST ARBITER of right/wrong and it should only be trusted after years of rigorously surviving being WRONG. When the ego can do that...you can maybe trust it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
When you see your offense doing nothing and gifting int’s and pick 6s and they are on the field again and again what do you expect, no good rotten D lost the game as the almost MVP played like a scrub till it was garbage time.
The game started on Defense my friend.

It is funny how it is ok for the defense to give up because how our offense played. But our offense can't give up because how our defense played.

Wake up.

Brax

Reaction score
The game started on Defense my friend.

It is funny how it is ok for the defense to give up because how our offense played. But our offense can't give up because how our defense played.

Wake up.
So giving up aTD on the opening drive and the O gave up, what about a stop on the second drive and then the int. I think the majority of writers, fans and the owners know who were the major contributors to the debacle, the HC and the QB who did zero until it was to late, good thing GB put in their 2 team D guys that’s all it took to ignite the offense, stats time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Or if you want to be accurate, just say both Dak and the D sucked.
That’s really it. It was a full team sucking.

And Packers deserve some credit too. They took it to us.

They were playing much better than us towards end of season. Much better than 9-8 team. They obviously were a tough out for SF. Probably a tougher out than we would have been.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s really it. It was a full team sucking.

And Packers deserve some credit too. They took it to us.

They were playing much better than us towards end of season. Much better than 9-8 team. They obviously were a tough out for SF. Probably a tougher out than we would have been.
I could be wrong but I believe there is very little disagreement from all observers concerning which team had the much greater internal drive and desire (a la grit) to advance in the postseason.