How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak showed up for the GB game ....... :laugh:

Tad, keep posting away , but we see you .

CHOKOTA BLOWS !
Dak played poorly but even if he played well, Dallas would have lost. The Packers had receivers and tight ends running downfield 40 yards uncovered.

This fixation on one player is hilarious. Yes, Dak needs to be better in the postseason. But so does the entire team.

This myopic anti-Dak obsession only hides a deeper problem, one that has been here for 30 years.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
ROFL !!

Typical DakTard

It can't be Dak , its Jerry !!
Dak throws interception....it's Jerry's fault
Dak holds on to the ball too long causing him to eat a sack and take the team out of FG range - Jerry's fault

For an octogenarian Jerry Jones is still pretty active on the Football Field.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak played poorly but even if he played well, Dallas would have lost. The Packers had receivers and tight ends running downfield 40 yards uncovered.

This fixation on one player is hilarious. Yes, Dak needs to be better in the postseason. But so does the entire team.

This myopic anti-Dak obsession only hides a deeper problem, one that has been here for 30 years.
Dak's mistakes merely compounded the crap day the defense had. It wasn't bad enough the GB offense was wipping them, the Dallas offense had to get in on the action and beat them down too.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak's mistakes merely compounded the crap day the defense had. It wasn't bad enough the GB offense was wipping them, the Dallas offense had to get in on the action and beat them down too.
Green Bay took the opening kickoff, walked down the field, and went up 7-0 before the Dallas offense even took the field. And the Packers continued to do so until they let up a little in the second half with such a huge lead.

The Packers could have named their score that afternoon. Even if the offense was perfect (and we know it was terrible too) it would have been extremely difficult to win.

It's so easy for some fans to crap on Dak they forget the defense was allowed to do their job too. Would a strip sack or two by Micah Parsons have helped? Would a pick by DaRon Bland or anybody else have helped stem the tide? Could anybody on that defense cover or tackle anyone on the Packers?

I know Dak did not do his job that afternoon. But Dak being bad can't be a built-in excuse for the rest of the team being just as bad, and oftentimes, even worse.

Complementary football wins playoff games. Everyone loves to preach Dak builds his numbers against "bad teams" only. Looks to me like this applies to more than just him.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Green Bay took the opening kickoff, walked down the field, and went up 7-0 before the Dallas offense even took the field. And the Packers continued to do so until they let up a little in the second half with such a huge lead.
Right and we all know that the Dallas Offense saw that and just decided to stop playing for an entire half of football. Meanwhile the defense is out there playing. I'd say the Cowboys for whatever reason on that day had the defense and special teams playing, the offense was nowhere to be found until the second half when the game was out of hand. So 2 of the 3 groups played a full football game. The offense played 1/2 a game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Right and we all know that the Dallas Offense saw that and just decided to stop playing for an entire half of football. Meanwhile the defense is out there playing. I'd say the Cowboys for whatever reason on that day had the defense and special teams playing, the offense was nowhere to be found until the second half when the game was out of hand. So 2 of the 3 groups played a full football game. The offense played 1/2 a game.
The defense decided not to play at all.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Emmitt set the tone for Troy. Quite down already.
Not true. Troy literally said in an interview once that the people were under the mistaken impression that the team run to setup the pass, but in fact it was the opposite. I remember because I thought the same too until it came straight from the horse’s mouth.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not true. Troy literally said in an interview once that the people were under the mistaken impression that the team run to setup the pass, but in fact it was the opposite. I remember because I thought the same too until it came straight from the horse’s mouth.
Aikman also said Romo was a better QB than he was.

In an interview with the Brownsville Herald, Aikman said he never played the quarterback position as well as Romo.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...tony-romo-is-a-better-quarterback-than-i-was#

Hadenough

Reaction score

You have to throw out the GB game for the defense. Quinn was pissed he wasn't getting the head coaching job in Dallas like he was promised behind closed doors. What was Daks excuse?

kskboys

Reaction score
It was 7-0 by the time Dak took the field. After an 8+ minute drive extended by penalties. Defense was an embarrassment at beast.
Aaaaaand we're back to the same. Maybe we should stop repeating ourselves?

kskboys

Reaction score

I have continuously been amazed at posters trying desperately to put the blame on one or the other. It's just so blatantly obvious that both Dak and the D sucked. What now, we going to measure the degree of suckage?