How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He ranks 12th just as many times as he does 10 or 11.
OMG, here you go again. just arguing for the sake of arguing. it was established that it sucks. not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

like I said, chill. he is in your head 24x7x60x60. ...you need to start thinking about other stuff. you are sooooooooooo Dak consumed. its not healthy

Sydla

Reaction score
Football is a complimentary team sport. Takes all three phases. Defense playing bad, puts pressure on the offense and vice versa. It's not hard to understand, unless you're wearing blinders and just focus on one player. But, no one around here would do that. :muttley: :muttley:
To an extent but it's also no secret, other than a small handful of exceptions, teams that win SBs get really good QB play. If your QB isn't going to perform in the biggest spots, the team's chances of advancing are not all that great.

Brax

Reaction score
Offense

You must have a balanced attack proving that you can both run the ball and pass the ball. The most important part of that balanced attack is being physical at the line of scrimmage when running the ball. The offensive line needs to dominate at the point of attack. Once you establish the run, it opens up the passing game. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage on offense, impose your will and take the life out of them physically, you’ll have much success.

Defense

The #1 priority of the defense is to be able to stop the run. It’s paramount to having a good defense because if you can stop the offense from running down your throats it means that you’re controlling the line of scrimmage. Again, physicality. Imposing your will on the opposing teams offense. It turns a team into a 1 dimensional team. Then you have them where you want them. If you can’t stop the run, you’re doomed in the playoffs.

Bottom Line

It’s all about physicality. It’s impossible to do either of the above if you can’t control the line of scrimmage. And you can’t just do 1 well, you have to do both well. Physicality is what football is all about. Controlling the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys haven’t been able to do both in the same season since the early 90’s. Yet CZ fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures. To put it nicely, how naive.

Pretty simple

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The issue with this team certainly isn't one player. I wont give Dak blame for the losses and wont give him full credit for the wins either. Football is the ultimate team game and no team wins or loses as a result of one player alone.

The issue with this team is that you have a front office that seems to subscribe to the theory that if they can just get into the playoffs every year eventually they will get hot at the right time to win it all. For this reason they're perfectly OK with just running it back year after year after year. Problem is that isn't a plan....that's just hoping for luck.

If they ever expect different results they are going to have to take a calculated risk at some point. Instead we are typically too afraid to pay a player too early, or too afraid to let a star player go. What you can't do is continue to have a top heavy roster, and expect 1st & 2nd year guys to put you over the top while your mid tier players walk when their contracts are up for more comp picks. It's not a realistic formula to improve upon a previous season.

Creeper

Reaction score
Naive is NOT acknowledging the below reality.................and accepting the consequences that it has on the rest of the team.

Since 2020? Why not since 2016?

The Cowboys played 3 playoff games from 2016-2020. They lost 2 and won 1. In 2016, Dak's rookie year, they went 13-3 and had a playoff bye. They lost to the Packers where the Cowboys came back to tie the game late. Rodger hit Jared Cook for an improbably 3rd and 20 first down which led to the game winning FG. Dak was 24-38 for 302 yards, 3TD and 1 INT. That loss was certainly not Dak's fault.

Then in 2018 Dallas beat Seattle in the WC round. Then they lost to the Rams 30-22 in the divisional round. The Rams ran for 273 yards against the Dallas defense. The Cowboys actually had the lead at the end of the 1st quarter 7-3.
Dak was 20-32 for 266, a TD and he ran for a TD. This loss wasn't on Dak either.

I am not excusing Dak's performances in his other playoff games, but I get the feeling he is being judged right now on one or two games. I think the title of the thread actually captures the reality of the Cowboys today. Dak is getting the blame when there are more problems that contributed to their playoff failures.

I get it. Against GB he threw a couple of bad interceptions, but how is that worse that the defense allowing receivers to get open all day by 10 or 20 yards for big plays that kept drives going? Winning a SB takes an entire team, not just 1 guy.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Since 2020? Why not since 2016?

The Cowboys played 3 playoff games from 2016-2020. They lost 2 and won 1. In 2016, Dak's rookie year, they went 13-3 and had a playoff bye. They lost to the Packers where the Cowboys came back to tie the game late. Rodger hit Jared Cook for an improbably 3rd and 20 first down which led to the game winning FG. Dak was 24-38 for 302 yards, 3TD and 1 INT. That loss was certainly not Dak's fault.

Then in 2018 Dallas beat Seattle in the WC round. Then they lost to the Rams 30-22 in the divisional round. The Rams ran for 273 yards against the Dallas defense. The Cowboys actually had the lead at the end of the 1st quarter 7-3.
Dak was 20-32 for 266, a TD and he ran for a TD. This loss wasn't on Dak either.

I am not excusing Dak's performances in his other playoff games, but I get the feeling he is being judged right now on one or two games. I think the title of the thread actually captures the reality of the Cowboys today. Dak is getting the blame when there are more problems that contributed to their playoff failures.

I get it. Against GB he threw a couple of bad interceptions, but how is that worse that the defense allowing receivers to get open all day by 10 or 20 yards for big plays that kept drives going? Winning a SB takes an entire team, not just 1 guy.
A pick 6 is a devastating play to a team. You ignore that.
Dak was crud for almost the entire first half and you ignore that
Now that was indeed a team loss but trying to make excuses for Dak is just garbage.
He has not come up big when it counts in any of the playoff games. and against SF he has stunk to high heaven
Not letting the D off the hook as they have not stepped up either; and throw in coaching mistakes and there you are
BUT this is all about defending Dak and nothing else and that will not fly

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To an extent but it's also no secret, other than a small handful of exceptions, teams that win SBs get really good QB play. If your QB isn't going to perform in the biggest spots, the team's chances of advancing are not all that great.
So Quinn and his bizarre scheme against GB get a pass? Lol....take the Dak blinders off. I'm not excusing him, but the hate is ridiculous

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A pick 6 is a devastating play to a team. You ignore that.
Dak was crud for almost the entire first half and you ignore that
Now that was indeed a team loss but trying to make excuses for Dak is just garbage.
He has not come up big when it counts in any of the playoff games. and against SF he has stunk to high heaven
Not letting the D off the hook as they have not stepped up either; and throw in coaching mistakes and there you are
BUT this is all about defending Dak and nothing else and that will not fly
He gets his bag 160 million and then proceeds to have 3 playoff stinkers in a row.
And they want Jerry to give him 50+ million and keep the main reason why this team cannot reach its full potential in the playoffs.
Sounds logical, right??????????? :banghead:

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Does it really matter whose fault the GB game was? It’s not coming back, and the front office did little to nothing that resembled identifying the problem and attempting to fix it. They don’t seem concerned with much beyond signing the players that sell jerseys.

Couldn’t be more of a smack in the face to fans, especially due to certain peoples mouths….yet some of you insist the results will somehow be better. Ok, let’s see.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Blame one person? People have blamed the two GMs, the coach, the QB........... some want to run Parsons out on a rail because he disappears in big games, some don't want to spend money on Lamb because he apparently quit in the GB game, etc.

The reality is we have a front office that has proven time and time again they can't build a championship caliber roster, a HC that simply isn't good enough, a QB that unfortunately has more often than not shrunk in big games and an overall roster that has issues.
Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

Problem is. This teams ownership and FO have a rotten culture and no strategy. So until that changes. Expect more of the same.

Flamma

Reaction score
Offense

You must have a balanced attack proving that you can both run the ball and pass the ball. The most important part of that balanced attack is being physical at the line of scrimmage when running the ball. The offensive line needs to dominate at the point of attack. Once you establish the run, it opens up the passing game. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage on offense, impose your will and take the life out of them physically, you’ll have much success.

Defense

The #1 priority of the defense is to be able to stop the run. It’s paramount to having a good defense because if you can stop the offense from running down your throats it means that you’re controlling the line of scrimmage. Again, physicality. Imposing your will on the opposing teams offense. It turns a team into a 1 dimensional team. Then you have them where you want them. If you can’t stop the run, you’re doomed in the playoffs.

Bottom Line

It’s all about physicality. It’s impossible to do either of the above if you can’t control the line of scrimmage. And you can’t just do 1 well, you have to do both well. Physicality is what football is all about. Controlling the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys haven’t been able to do both in the same season since the early 90’s. Yet CZ fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures. To put it nicely, how naive.
I don't disagree with the main premise. The better team usually wins in the playoffs. It doesn't matter who you have at QB. Hell, Brady and the Patriots lost to the butt fumble led Jets in the playoffs. And Peyton Manning and the Colts in the same year!!! It just seems like Dak has no fight in him against better teams. We can't even compete.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Offense

Defense

Bottom Line

This is common sense and why I often say fans are just dumb.
QBs who win big are lauded but almost every time they have insane rosters around them.
Brady is considered the GOAT and not surprisingly Belichick is considered one of the top 5 defensive coaches in NFL history.
Pat is at that Brady level already and not surprisingly KC spends a fortune on defense and lets Andy and Pat figure it out on offense.

Want to blame a final drive or a particular play on a QB? OK. Want to blame a terrible team performance on the QB? Dumb.
But Dallas fans are even dumber. They want to blame 30 years playoff failures on the collective QBs since.
Not a lot of collective brain power there.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So Quinn and his bizarre scheme against GB get a pass? Lol....take the Dak blinders off. I'm not excusing him, but the hate is ridiculous
Hell no ....... But Quinn is gone and with the enemy now ........ the other guys who fell apart are still here.

I like Dak ....... always have ........ but the blunders in the playoffs has reached critical mass with me ....... you cannot put your team behind the 8 ball like that.

Dak needs a good running game, good o-line, and elite pass catchers to go along with a great defense to be successful ........ and the Jones boys will never give him all that at the same time.

I think he has already reached his ceiling and will not be able to win a Superbowl with a Jerry Jones run team.

Could he win a Superbowl with a better front office? I think so ....... but not here.

So its time to move on in my opinion ......... there will be some lean years ........ but we could get the next Pat Mahomes (probably not) but we could at least get a guy who doesn't need everything to be successful.

And that is my honest take.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Offense

Defense

Bottom Line

I have zero problems blaming GM Jethro.

plasticman

Reaction score
Dak was three years old the last time the Cowboys went to a conference championship game so I doubt that their lack of success was all his fault.

However, one individual has been with the franchise during the entire last three decades of futility