How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jimmy Johnson, and I think Bill Parcels said about the same thing.

There are about 6 plays that can shape or change the game. As well, just the way that ball bounces sometimes.
Rather an errant pass that resulted in an imcopltion or punt or INT. A penalty that wipes out a key 1st down.
We seen it all too many times. Gregory offsides negated many good defensive plays.

Norm Hitges used to do a segment 5 keys plays that changed the game. But he looked at it from the losing teams viewpoint.
These included penalties as well, or a missed call on a penalty.
The Cowboys were 2nd last year in most penalties, 9th in 2022 and 1st in 2021. That’s a lot of penalties. That’s a lot of drives ended by penalties and that’s a lot of drives extended by the Cowboys penalties. Huge effect on the games.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

Problem is. This teams ownership and FO have a rotten culture and no strategy. So until that changes. Expect more of the same.
Other teams have GMs working 90 hour weeks trying to win. Ours are worried about booking stayjum events and signing the players who sell jerseys.

Reset/reboot, whatever. Just don’t start it off by saying “all in,” then doing absolutely nothing to fix the gaping hole in the middle of the defense that will always get you beat in the end.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is fine and I will admit that ........ but the fact remains that those 2 int's, one which was a free 7 points, were fundamental in the outcome of the game and broke his own teams spirit.
It was, but the points we gave up on defense shouldn't get a pass from anyone....including the anti-Daksters

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Other teams have GMs working 90 hour weeks trying to win. Ours are worried about booking stayjum events and signing the players who sell jerseys.

Reset/reboot, whatever. Just don’t start it off by saying “all in,” then doing absolutely nothing to fix the gaping hole in the middle of the defense that will always get you beat in the end.
You got sucked by the “All In” comment. FYI, he meant all in signing his own free agents.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

XPl4AZF.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He gets his bag 160 million and then proceeds to have 3 playoff stinkers in a row.
And they want Jerry to give him 50+ million and keep the main reason why this team cannot reach its full potential in the playoffs.
Sounds logical, right??????????? :banghead:
I want jerry to pay him at least 65M/year for 5 years. he is well worth that and beyond. He deserves more than that, but not sure if we can go higher.

:thumbup:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And there were consequences for that ...... Quinn is gone.

What were the consequences for the Offense?

Hiring his best friend back?
Quinn left on his own, Dak might too. Quinn probably threw the game with his stupid gameplan, so he could start the HC search asap. Lol

gtb1943

Reaction score
Now if you want to blame just one person for the debacle of GB then it must be the one responsible for nearly 30 years of failure and that is Jethro
cue the Jethro minions...

phildadon86

Reaction score

The worst part about that all in statement is Jerry wasnt aware of where the salary cap was at when he made it.

The GM of the team didnt know the salary cap position at the senior bowl. That tells me everything I need to know.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You got sucked by the “All In” comment. FYI, he meant all in signing his own free agents.
I actually didn’t at all. I knew what he meant. It was just not something that should have been said.

Either they have no clue or aren’t on the same page. Neither is good.