How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

gtb1943

Reaction score
The buck stops with the Owner/GM for the culture of no guts when it matters
This whole franchise is soft
and I do not see that changing until we get a real GM to start to change that culture
and that only happens when Jethro kicks off; and sadly with Stephan around I am not confident it will change even then

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Saying there were other issues in big games/playoffs doesn't change the fact that their franchise QB, the one paid to be one of the best QBs in the league, has also come up small in many of those spots. I question the football knowledge of anyone that comes to the conclusion that our playoff failures apparently don't involve, to some extent, the fact the QB did not play well at all.

Why do people struggle to admit that reality?
Over 400 yards passing and 3 TDs = did not play well at all???

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Horrible play design. It set up both the QB and WRs for failure. Should have set the RB in motion to carry the LB with him, plus eliminate the unnecessary play-action which cost time needed on the quick release play. Plus, the split left WRs should have never been allowed to run the same depth before slanting both inward. It allowed the Safety to split both and cover them at the same time while easily being able to step in front for the easy pick-6. That play fully falls on the coaches.

Pretty simple

Clearly, defensive pass interference. It didn't help that Cooks ran a lazy route. Even Cole Beasley said as much.

Pretty simple to see the problems in both INTs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, congratulations. You got the line dominance theory correct.
But there are a few caveats.
#1. You can't run a outdated blocking scheme against today's defenses with multiple fronts. You will find breakdowns and overloads. Sadly, you'll see your running backs getting smacked in the backfield.
Sound familiar?

Secondly, you must have a quarterback who finds the hot read and is capable of making that throw, even if it's in a very tight window.
You cannot afford 2 Pat the ball and look for a second option as there is no time, resulting in at best a 2 yd toss when you need 7yd on third down. At worst well, we all know what at worst is don't we?
You see, the offensive and defensive lines can get you to the brink of a win, but the gentleman who handles the ball on every single offensive play has to be able to make the clutch decisions and throws, If you expect to win.

That, ladies and gentlemen is what's been missing in Dallas for far too long.
You’re the very naive “fan” I’m referring to.

Brax

Reaction score
Horrible play design. It set up both the QB and WRs for failure. Should have set the RB in motion to carry the LB with him, plus eliminate the unnecessary play-action which cost time needed on the quick release play. Plus, the split left WRs should have never been allowed to run the same depth before slanting both inward. It allowed the Safety to split both and cover them at the same time while easily being able to step in front for the easy pick-6. That play fully falls on the coaches.

Clearly, defensive pass interference. It didn't help that Cooks ran a lazy route. Even Cole Beasley said as much.

Pretty simple to see the problems in both INTs.
Yes in Daks own words
““I sucked tonight,” said Prescott

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not defending Dak, but he certainly wasn't the only one that played bad, and I know he's the QB......in my eyes, anyone that puts all the blame on one player is ignorant. There are over 100 plays in a game.....I've spent 100s of hours studying and breaking down film. A simple penalty from the 1st quarter is quickly forgotten, but it may very well have lost the game at the end
Jimmy Johnson, and I think Bill Parcels said about the same thing.

There are about 6 plays that can shape or change the game. As well, just the way that ball bounces sometimes.
Rather an errant pass that resulted in an imcopltion or punt or INT. A penalty that wipes out a key 1st down.
We seen it all too many times. Gregory offsides negated many good defensive plays.

Norm Hitges used to do a segment 5 keys plays that changed the game. But he looked at it from the losing teams viewpoint.
These included penalties as well, or a missed call on a penalty.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak didnt get any 1st place MVP votes.

Josh Allen did.

Dak only has 1 Pro Bowl since 2018.

It’s kind of embarrassing for our team to say he was MVP anything.

He’s been paid mega millions.

That’s why they like Lance so much.
Dak was an All Pro last year and led the league in TD passes and was an NFL MVP finalist. I like Lance and hope he does well also.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL....not really sure how anyone can look at that and claim with a straight face that Dak Prescott is a top 3 QB.
He certainly was last year now wasn’t he? When you put all the blame on 1 person, you’re exposing yourself.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How naive is it that some fans want to absolve #4 of any blame at all?

It's a team sport - we all know that - and everyone failed in the last playoff game. The defense gave up a 1st drive TD and the offense failed to answer. Crap went swirling down the toilet from that point on. But anyone saying #4 didn't have something to do with that embarrassment is totally blind.
All 53 players crapped the bed, including Dak. But this thread is about why all 53 crapped the bed. Yet your hate for Dak is so intense, you fail to see that and want to put all the blame on one person. How about the coaches? How about the FO? No, 99% of your posts are trashing Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Blame one person? People have blamed the two GMs, the coach, the QB........... some want to run Parsons out on a rail because he disappears in big games, some don't want to spend money on Lamb because he apparently quit in the GB game, etc.

The reality is we have a front office that has proven time and time again they can't build a championship caliber roster, a HC that simply isn't good enough, a QB that unfortunately has more often than not shrunk in big games and an overall roster that has issues.
:lmao: Are you blind? This place is full of posters who do nothing but blame 1 person. Look at all the posts! :lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its a very odd thing. You cant assess dak without 1st shredding every other aspect if the team, and every other qb in the league.

Like some little child you dont talk about in front of.

Ive never seen anything like it in sports...accept t ball maybe.
The thread was about why the team is failing and not just 1 person. Yet you whine because you haters put all the blame on 1 person. Who else did you talk about in this thread? It’s a very odd thing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thread was about why the team is failing and not just 1 person. Yet you whine because you haters put all the blame on 1 person. Who else did you talk about in this thread? It’s a very odd thing.
Who put the blame on 1 person? Not me. You keep making up this fake narative in your head. Not healthy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Every year ppl attempt to blame other aspects of the team. Even if the defense is bad, does that mean the offense can't score like the other offense? Even if the run game is limited, does that mean the QB's accuracy is limited? A player can still have a good game when everyone else is playing like trash, and we haven't seen that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't disagree with the main premise. The better team usually wins in the playoffs. It doesn't matter who you have at QB. Hell, Brady and the Patriots lost to the butt fumble led Jets in the playoffs. And Peyton Manning and the Colts in the same year!!! It just seems like Dak has no fight in him against better teams. We can't even compete.
Again, one player gets the blame. No mention of the other 52 players, the coaches, etc.